07-28-2009, 01:59 AM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Total Cats: 0
Greeting from NEPA
Hello, the name is Jordon, the plan is research a bit, buy a used car, and make new friends.
Like mentioned, currently looking for a used car, just lost my WRX about a month ago. I have a few cars(that are pretty different from each other) lined up, and one of them is obviously a Miata. There is one other roadster in the lineup, and that is the S2000. Both fantastic cars.
Anywho, I know how well the research button works, but sometimes can't find everything I want, so hoping on the knowledge of you experts, to help me.
I am interested in either a NA or NB. I know the NA is...about 100lbs ligther, 1.6 instead of 1.8. (Unless they changed that before changing to the NB).
So...I hope not to annoy anyone with questions you possibly might of heard before.
1) Any repetative problems with NA or NB Miatas?
2) Any limited slip? For some reason I never read about it, so i am guessing no, but thought I would ask.
3) Transmission, how well built are they made(5speed). How much power can be held before breaking(Given the driver MOD)
4) (don't kill me) Supercharge, or Turbocharge?
I know the difference between the two, I haven't seen many kits/power/dyno charts to see what is best or most reliable. I love turbos and superchargers...but any reason to grab one over the other?
5) What is the best EM for the NA or NB miatas? Standalones? Piggybacks?
Any help is much apprecaited! To be downright honest, I would love to grab a nicely used Miata, get used to it for a while. Start to work on it, start with suspension, brakes, grip, weight(if there is ANY to take off of them...) then power. I would love to have the 4 cylinder pushing about 220whp/wtq safetly.
Yet again, thanks for your time and knowledge everyone!!!