Hi. I drive a '92 Mazda MX-5, which is the less faggy-sounding version of your american 'Miata'.
She's only a 1.6 unfortunately - longnose crank though, manual everything, and factory LSD (my 3rd one, and this one's starting to bleed.. they really are quite crap).
Some of the more noteworthy mods I've made since purchasing include:
- Cusco Coilovers (height/rebound adjustable)
- Mazdaspeed adjustable anti-sways (14mm/22mm)
- Strut brace x4
- Full 2.5inch exhaust (no cat! no emmissions here in NZ)
- a healthy diet of factory 1.6 LSD's
- Mazdaspeed 1/2 or full rollcage
- Venom VCN-2000 computerised Nitrous injection
- Modest fibreglass bodykit
And now I feel the call of the turbocharger.
Iv'e been rapidly assembling parts.. this project is obviosly meant to be, you wouldn't believe the deals i've been getting. bear in mind, these prices are in lowly NZ pesos, worthy roughly half of your mighty imperial dollar.
- Dodgy stainless generic manifold $350
- TD04l turbocharger off Evo2(with lines) $50
- 4x flowed RX-7 550's $80
- PMR MAP-ECU2 piggyback $300
- FMIC plus sundry pipes $100
- BOV $10
- B6T conrods $50
You probably noticed the extortionate price I paid for my doomed manifold.. seriously, this could well be the only aftermarket b6 manifold that's come into this country in about a year, and I was quoted $760 for a custom job using a more civilised metal. I'll pay for it later yes. But later is not now.
The piggyback I'm running seems like an incredibly mint deal.. I'll post up a thread regarding it later, but it comes with such features as:
- Boost management
- 2x ignition/fuel maps
- MAF elimination
- Launch control
- O2 Clamp
- Fuel/Speed cut defend
- 10,000rpm x 100rpm increment adjust fuel/ignition/O2
- 2 channel NOS activation
For US$150? hell yes I think.
So yeah, a few bits missing yet, but any feedback appreciated on the project so far.
**I should probably point out here.. this might be my first post here, but I ain't no goddam n00b.
Oh yeah my name is Matt.