“Mazdaspeed” turbo kit for 1999-2004 Miatas. All items are in great condition; intercooler setup is brand new in box. I would expect this kit to make about 200rwhp @ 9psi.
This is a great setup for an NB owner that wants a relatively inexpensive turbo setup but still needs to pass the annual emissions inspection.
Includes the following:
- Mazdaspeed IHI Turbo
- Mazdaspeed exhaust manifold
- Flyin Miata Mazdaspeed downpipe
– 7.2lbs lighter than OEM and makes 23hp/26 tq
- Link Piggyback ECU
– allows you to retain your stock ECU and return OBD-II codes; as a result you will have problem passing emissions (does not include Link keypad)
- 305cc injectors – these are auxiliary injectors that mount in the lower intake manifold included below; these work in addition to your existing injectors.
- Lower Intake Manifold with provisions for four additional injectors
- Fuel rail – mounts to lower intake manifold and supports the four additional injectors included above
- Flyin Miata O2 Signal Modifier
- Intercooler with piping – piping includes a lot of bends but is not Miata specific; you’ll need to cut the pipes and fit with some silicone elbows.
- Blow off valve – GFB, as fitted on Flyin Miata kits
- Mazdaspeed OEM intake
- Autometer boost gauge
What you’ll need:
- Oil/water lines for the turbo
- Mazdaspeed water inlet pipe – turbo mounting location interferes with the standard 1.8 inlet
- Cut and fit intercooler pipes; intercooler mounting
- Depending on the year of your car, may need to modify exhaust to mate downpipe to rear section
- Odds and ends – will likely need some clamps, fluids, etc along the way.
Everything except for the Link Engine Management will also work on earlier 1.8 cars (1994-1997). If you want the kit without the Link you can deduct $250 from the price of the kit.
Turbo and manifold
Flyin Miata downpipe
Intercooler and pipes
Lower intake manifold with additional injector mounts
Link ECU, FM O2 Signal Modifier, fuel rail, injectors, and harnesses
Mazdaspeed OEM intake