Coolant Block-Off and Reroute Spacer // EGR Block-Off // EGR Block-Off with FPR Mount - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum -Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Miata parts for sale/trade Buy, trade or sell your Miata parts here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-08-2016, 01:55 PM   #61
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof
iTrader: (2)
 
psyber_0ptix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,813
Total Cats: 224
Default

Ah crap, I must have looked at the wrong fuelab schematic. I ordered one thinking it matched the tech document
psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:58 PM   #62
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 946
Total Cats: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
Ah crap, I must have looked at the wrong fuelab schematic. I ordered one thinking it matched the tech document
The mini regulator comes in the 535 or 545, but you'll likely want the 535 configuration. Packaging is much nicer and easier than the full size version and they're only a few dollars difference in price.
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 02:55 PM   #63
Junior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 86
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
Ryan,

Yes, these will be available shortly!
Perfect! I can't wait.
mrryanbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 03:10 PM   #64
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof
iTrader: (2)
 
psyber_0ptix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 2,813
Total Cats: 224
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
The mini regulator comes in the 535 or 545, but you'll likely want the 535 configuration. Packaging is much nicer and easier than the full size version and they're only a few dollars difference in price.
I was hoping it'd work with the Radium for I already have
psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 06:05 PM   #65
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 16
Total Cats: 5
Default

The coolant spacer is a great product. I'm in the middle of the install process on mine. The fit and finish was a level above the competition and that sold me on it. I'm glad I found it because I was minutes away from hitting the "buy" button on another site...

What is the casting process called? It gives the aluminum a flaky, galvanized appearance I haven't seen before.
ChrisLol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 11:36 PM   #66
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 946
Total Cats: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLol View Post
The coolant spacer is a great product. I'm in the middle of the install process on mine. The fit and finish was a level above the competition and that sold me on it. I'm glad I found it because I was minutes away from hitting the "buy" button on another site...

What is the casting process called? It gives the aluminum a flaky, galvanized appearance I haven't seen before.
I appreciate the kind words.

The finish your seeing is from the deburing process. The spacers are all billet machined pieces.
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:42 AM   #67
Junior Member
 
slug_dub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: QLD, 'straya
Posts: 89
Total Cats: 7
Default

Still keen for that paypal invoice if you'll still send to 'straya for me...
slug_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:26 AM   #68
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 16
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
I appreciate the kind words.

The finish your seeing is from the deburing process. The spacers are all billet machined pieces.
Ah, That can explain it. I guess they must be tumbled then?

I finished the install this weekend and things went pretty well considering I did it with the engine in place.
I couldn't get this spacer to work with the factory coolant temp sensor because the connector is too big to fit next to the heater hose with everything installed.
I had to ditch that OEM sensor for a GM one that used a more compact connector and then I had to lengthen the wires about 6" or so to get the OEM harness to connect.
None of that is a problem for me, although I did get the thing installed once before I realized the sensor would not work... -_-

Last edited by ChrisLol; 07-15-2016 at 12:45 PM.
ChrisLol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:53 AM   #69
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 946
Total Cats: 20
Default





We just got our first batch of thermostat block off plates for those that would rather not dig into things and block the cylinder head port.

They should be on our website shortly, but if you have an interest just shoot an email over to hawleyperformance@gmail.com

Includes:
(1) Thermostat Housing Block-Off Plate (1/4" Aluminum)
(1) Gasket
(2) Metric Fasteners

Same price as the other block-off plate kit ($19)
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:06 PM   #70
Junior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 86
Total Cats: 3
Default

You've got mail, buddy.
mrryanbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 03:24 PM   #71
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 59
Total Cats: -53
Default quick question

Sorry I just go into the Miata game. What are these use for?
RoadsterKirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:23 AM   #72
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 946
Total Cats: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadsterKirby View Post
Sorry I just go into the Miata game. What are these use for?
Kirby,

The coolant reroute parts are used to route the coolant from the front of the cylinder head to rear in an effort to cool more effectively. These parts combine to allow you to move the thermostat to the rear of the cylinder head instead of at the front.

Thanks!
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 10:18 AM   #73
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 481
Total Cats: 6
Default

What are your thoughts on the comment above:
"I couldn't get this spacer to work with the factory coolant temp sensor because the connector is too big to fit next to the heater hose with everything installed."

Is this a known issue, or is there a solution? Does everyone usually just change to a GM style sensor? I have to get my car OBDII tested annually so the less sensors I have to change out when I reinstall the stock ECU, the better (especially ones buried behind the engine)

Thanks for your input
rigidbigelsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:00 AM   #74
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 946
Total Cats: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidbigelsworth View Post
What are your thoughts on the comment above:
"I couldn't get this spacer to work with the factory coolant temp sensor because the connector is too big to fit next to the heater hose with everything installed."

Is this a known issue, or is there a solution? Does everyone usually just change to a GM style sensor? I have to get my car OBDII tested annually so the less sensors I have to change out when I reinstall the stock ECU, the better (especially ones buried behind the engine)

Thanks for your input
rigid,

That was the first time I've had that feedback. It is known that there isn't a ton of space back there, but we've sold a number of these and to my knowledge the others have been able to get the factory sensor to work
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 11:38 AM   #75
Junior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 481
Total Cats: 6
Default

Good to hear, thanks for the quick response!
I'll likely be placing an order in the near future
rigidbigelsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #76
Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 16
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidbigelsworth View Post
What are your thoughts on the comment above:
"I couldn't get this spacer to work with the factory coolant temp sensor because the connector is too big to fit next to the heater hose with everything installed."

Is this a known issue, or is there a solution? Does everyone usually just change to a GM style sensor? I have to get my car OBDII tested annually so the less sensors I have to change out when I reinstall the stock ECU, the better (especially ones buried behind the engine)

Thanks for your input
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
rigid,

That was the first time I've had that feedback. It is known that there isn't a ton of space back there, but we've sold a number of these and to my knowledge the others have been able to get the factory sensor to work
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to be alarmist. It is likely that the issue was a rare one but my OEM sensor screwed into the spacer such that the sensor body was positioned straight up and down. This meant that the OEM CTS connector could not be installed on the sensor because the heater hose was in the way. I've MSPaint'd a crude drawing of the interference. Hopefully it makes sense. I likely could have solved my problem by adding another washer to re-orient the CTS but I had a GM CTS at my disposal and the means to easily change the calibration in the Haltech ECU so it was an easy swap.



ChrisLol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:26 AM   #77
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 946
Total Cats: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLol View Post
Sorry guys, I didn't mean to be alarmist. It is likely that the issue was a rare one but my OEM sensor screwed into the spacer such that the sensor body was positioned straight up and down. This meant that the OEM CTS connector could not be installed on the sensor because the heater hose was in the way. I've MSPaint'd a crude drawing of the interference. Hopefully it makes sense. I likely could have solved my problem by adding another washer to re-orient the CTS but I had a GM CTS at my disposal and the means to easily change the calibration in the Haltech ECU so it was an easy swap.

We installed one on one of the race cars last weekend without any real issue and took some pictures. I'll try to get one put up this weekend.

Thanks for the clarification Chris.
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 07:40 PM   #78
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 946
Total Cats: 20
Default

Sunday Bump!
TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 02:35 PM   #79
Supporting Vendor
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Posts: 946
Total Cats: 20
Default

Still staying plenty busy! All parts in stock.

LSx Coil Brackets will have coil plug wires available for both the 90-00 and 01-05 VVT engines in the coming weeks.

TheBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 05:44 PM   #80
Newb
iTrader: (1)
 
sexyicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 1
Default

Re-route works great. I used dual gasket with RTV and have seen no leaks 3k now.

Picture doesn't show final install but may help get an idea of fitment.

sexyicky is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BP5A Ecu 100$ Dobzeh Miata parts for sale/trade 3 08-02-2016 03:27 PM
Mounted a curb, need advice :( magnoon General Miata Chat 9 07-18-2016 06:09 AM
Turbo manifold ewg bhooligan Miata parts for sale/trade 4 05-02-2016 03:40 AM
1.6 miata turbo setup Swanpuppy Miata parts for sale/trade 0 04-25-2016 10:34 AM
Flyin Miata manifold and downpipe LownSlow616 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 04-24-2016 05:16 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:50 AM.