12-29-2014, 01:45 PM
Join Date: Dec 2011
Total Cats: 38
NB Miata 6-speed transmission, $250, SFBay
Listing this for a shopmate. We pulled it out of his 2004 MSM about a week ago. It had 141600 miles on it when pulled.
- 6 speeds!
- car has never been tracked, and those are basically all commute miles
- shifted fine, no grinds, was used as a daily with no issues
- had Redline MT-90 in it most recently
- notchy shifting into reverse (I've heard this is typical of 6-speeds?)
- I felt that this transmission was rather prone to bucking in low speeds in 1st and 2nd as compared to the 5-speeds are unless the RPMs were matched perfectly / throttle was modulated very carefully
- fairly high mileage (as stated above, 141K)
Asking $250 OBO
. Pickup in Mountain View, 94043.