07-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Waldo, Ohio
Total Cats: 8
Alright, so I just installed my MSPNP on my 96 yesterday. Followed the directions exactly how they are explained, and my car is running OK. Some fine-tuning needs to be done, but I'm stuck on one specific post-install procedure laid out in the manual.
3) Overrun Fuel Cut (cuts off the injectors when you are decelerating, saves fuel, stops the rich pop, pop, pop sounds)
* Start the car and let it warm up.
* Note the idle MAP reading.
* Rev the car up to maybe 4000-5000rpm and then let off the throttle. Watch the MAP reading while the engine is decelerating. Repeat this a couple times.
* Note the lowest kpa reading you get on the MAP sensor when doing this. Add 3 to this number and remember this number for use in a moment. This is 'decel kpa +3'
* Open the 'More Settings' Menu and choose 'Over Run Settings'.
* Plug the number you just calculated (decel kpa +3) into the 'and KPa lower than (KPa)' field.
* Now use the same number you calculated for the previous exercise (4 points above closed throttle TPS ADC), and plug it into the 'and TPS lower than (Raw ADC)' field.
* Click 'BURN TO ECU' and then click 'CLOSE'.
I did exactly as it said, however the lowest kpa reading I'm getting is about 13. I'll rev the car up, let off the gas, and the Engine MAP will turn red, and go down to 12-13 for a second. It will light up shortly thereafter when the RPM's fall down to the idle-range, and at that time they read about 30-35ish.
So, following directions I plug 15 into the 'and KPa lower than (KPa)' field, and it gives me an error saying that the number must be equal to, or greater than 20.
So I take it the 30-35 number is the one I should be using, and the 12-13 number is just... Bogus?
Any help is appreciated.