Well as you can tell by the date of my last post, my turbo project has been slow in coming. I've done a few track days last year with the refreshed head and coolant reroute and decided to wait on the turbo till I had enough time to work on it and not miss an opportunity to go to the track.
So the install is now underway. The drain line was a pain because of the "removable" AN fittings. However, the result seems really worth while from a reliability standpoint.
So we used the adaptor plate from that the PO had supplied on the turbo end and threaded in a 45 deg 1/2" NPT to -10 AN fitting and faced it way from the manifold (it just cleared)
On the pan side we took out the cap from the hole my friend had tapped into the pan (back when I had the engine out) and threaded in a 3/8" NPT to -10AN 45deg adaptor. This was a bit of pain because there is very little room to get a wrench on it as it just sits above the cross member. Looking back it would have been great to install that while the engine was out and just put an AN cap on it while I drove it last summer. Anyway, the 45 deg was in a perfect position when we got it threaded down.
The real time consumer was getting the removable AN fittings onto the stainless braided drain hose. The threads on the to parts of the fitting just didn't want to catch but we got it eventually. I put a straight AN fitting on the pan side of the hose and a 45 deg onto the turbo end. Once we had it in place it cleared everything really nicely.
Sorry for the bad iPhone 3 photos. I miss my 4 with a flash. I'll try to get a shot with the turbo in place to show the whole thing all hooked up.