6-Rib Setup - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Supercharger Discussion For all you misguided souls.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-04-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 89
Total Cats: -1
Default 6-Rib Setup

Does anyone know of a hotside 6-rib setup that maintains the use of AC and PS, or is it a given that they both have to go?
gthill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 11:27 PM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,557
Total Cats: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthill13 View Post
Does anyone know of a hotside 6-rib setup that maintains the use of AC and PS, or is it a given that they both have to go?
BRP used to make one. My 2000 had both A/C and PS and used a 6 rib pulley. You can still find them if your patient.

To my knowledge nobody makes a hot side Eaton type supercharger anymore for a Miata.
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:42 PM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 89
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
BRP used to make one. My 2000 had both A/C and PS and used a 6 rib pulley. You can still find them if your patient.

To my knowledge nobody makes a hot side Eaton type supercharger anymore for a Miata.
I think I found what I need. I already have one of the original 4 rib BRPs installed, and found a BRP 6-rib/big throttle body kit. Hopefully it won't be too much of a pain to install. A little worried as the kit has no instructions.
gthill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 11:47 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,557
Total Cats: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthill13 View Post
I think I found what I need. I already have one of the original 4 rib BRPs installed, and found a BRP 6-rib/big throttle body kit. Hopefully it won't be too much of a pain to install. A little worried as the kit has no instructions.
I think I have PDF files for the 6rib big throttle body install. I'll look tomorrow.
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 10:21 PM   #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 89
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
I think I have PDF files for the 6rib big throttle body install. I'll look tomorrow.
Thank you sir.
gthill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 10:23 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,557
Total Cats: 62
Default

Sorry for the delay gthill13...

1. This thread is pertinent: BRP Hotside M62 Supercharger Install

2. BRP Installation instructions for 6 rib are attached to this post.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BRP_1999_2005_S1_6Rib_Installation.pdf (1.29 MB, 12 views)

Last edited by bahurd; 02-09-2017 at 12:15 PM.
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #7
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 89
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
Sorry for the delay gthill13...

1. This thread is pertinent: BRP Hotside M62 Supercharger Install

2. BRP Installation instructions for 6 rib are attached to this post.
This is so perfect. This is the exact kit I found. If you are ever in Atlanta beers are on me (seriously).
gthill13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 01:50 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,557
Total Cats: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthill13 View Post
This is so perfect. This is the exact kit I found. If you are ever in Atlanta beers are on me (seriously).
Thanks. Glad to help.
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.