Driver's side mount was completely gone. Motor started moving around a lot last week, and I actually missed a dyno day yesterday because of it. I didn't want to miss all family time by replacing it AND spending half the day with the HMC homos, so I had to pick one. Instead of failing on the dyno and driving it like a beater til next weekend I decided to properly repair it with the MC/MMR hybrids I had on the shelf.
I'm also partially blaming this for my downpipe failure, since I'm sure it was moving around a lot.
Admittedly, we were very hard on the mounts during the motor swap. The threads must have gotten caught, and we resorted to rocking the chassis when it wouldn't come out, and the motor jumped up 6" when it finally let go. This did break the passenger side urethane mount, but I attributed that to us being idiots. I really thought the motor would come straight up with the mounts installed.
Also, the arm on the hoist wasn't quite long enough, and during reinstall we were pushing back and down on the motor, with all the weight resting on and pushing against the threaded rod of the mount. I'm pretty sure we started a crack then, which propogated over the last few weeks.
Either way, you can't expect these to stay in one piece like the OEM parts. Again, I highly recommend buying one of the proven solutions out there from our vendors. I'm very happy even with just the Mazdacomp mount in on the driver's side, and rocking a backup OEM on the passenger side. I didn't have time to do both, and that OEM one went in during the swap when we had completely ripped the pass side urethane mount.
The two parts from McMaster may adhese better, and could probably be selected stiffer. This material never really felt like it hardened, and is still malleable by hand.