Please post your maps! - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-2009, 11:43 PM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Does anyone have an ECU file that starts well, idles well and doesn't have lean tip in that is running Deatchwerks 600's? I want to drop it in and at least see if it cures my idle and tip in problem.

It dies on me so many times today it was embarrasing. Won't run with AC on. I've tried and tried but I don't think that I have something fundamental that is preventing any further progress.

Like the Dead Time Correction. I know mine is wrong but I haven't the slightest idea what is right. Matt looked at Propsero's and immediately knew it was wrong.

Please help and me love you long time. Travis? Any help for your first guinea pig?
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:44 PM   #22
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,197
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

I also have no Idea what my dead times are supposed to be
I'm going to try to get them from deatchwerks but dont know if they'll play ball

*edit: as far as idle and all that, I mimicked y8's settings while keeping my fuel map and car is SOO much better its crazy. Night and day difference. Before idle was completely fucked, and it died on me and what not. Now its running like a champ. Check out his settings and go from there is what I'd suggest.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:47 PM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central-ish VA
Posts: 4,449
Total Cats: 16
Default

I have rx7 550 low ohms and I also have no clue what my dead times are. My ecu file originated from stein's so I'm assuming my **** is wrong as well.
neogenesis2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:49 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: somewhere in NoVA
Posts: 550
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
How about putting this into inputtable values? Propsero's dead time was wrong because mine was wrong but we were running with what was supplied. Might be the issue that I have with the lean tip in but I don't know how to covert the supplied values to data that I need.
Ahh, maybe I can help with this one... ECU file attached as I took some time today to add the values into the dead time correction. I suspect that this could have been my problem all along and that my injector that I thought was damaged could actually just been malprogrammed (sp) because the wrong values were in the field. Not that I am complaining.... there are just soo many values to deal with and this one seems to have slipped by.

Anyhow, give this a shot and let's see what happens. I will try to get this rolling as soon as my injectors come back from the shop. Excited as hell to see what will happen!

Cheers,
Prospero
NB8A_600cc_3Bar dead time repair added idle corrections common knock settings calmed async.zip
Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #25
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,197
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

my current map
Attached Files
File Type: zip Vlad460'slatest.zip (1.8 KB, 57 views)
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:50 PM   #26
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neogenesis2004 View Post
I have rx7 550 low ohms and I also have no clue what my dead times are. My ecu file originated from stein's so I'm assuming my **** is wrong as well.
For sure. Mine was supplied in the original base map way back in the beginning of time for that area so I don't know where it came from. Australia I guess.

I'm totally willing to blow away my whole map and all the tuning that I have done on this map so far to start with a clean slate. I think that I am continuing to mask inherent problems.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: somewhere in NoVA
Posts: 550
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
For sure. Mine was supplied in the original base map way back in the beginning of time for that area so I don't know where it came from. Australia I guess.

I'm totally willing to blow away my whole map and all the tuning that I have done on this map so far to start with a clean slate. I think that I am continuing to mask inherent problems.
I posted a map a few moments ago, the idle and corrections tabs were copied from Vlad's posting. I assume that they are based off of Y8S but don't know for sure. Tho thinking about what the dead time values are controlling it makes sense that our maps and fueling were all sorts of fucked since this really is controlling the injectors. Glad that Y8S pointed this out since we otherwise would have been chasing ghosts into the abyss!

Props to Y8S for pointing this one out and hope collectively we will make one good master map!

Cheers,
Prospero
Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 11:56 PM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Prospero, where did you get those values? They are way higher than y8s's for example. Like three times as high across the board. I'm not saying they are wrong but seemed way up there.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: somewhere in NoVA
Posts: 550
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
Prospero, where did you get those values? They are way higher than y8s's for example. Like three times as high across the board. I'm not saying they are wrong but seemed way up there.
They came from Travis's second post with the excel spreadsheet. I plugged them in based on voltage and went table for table. The lowest voltages did not take the full numbers... I tried to input the decimal but when I applied them it all reverted to 0...

Please post your maps!-dead-time.jpg
Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:00 AM   #30
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central-ish VA
Posts: 4,449
Total Cats: 16
Default

Nvm, I found my **** here. Injector-Rehab - Fuel injector cleaning, flow testing, and complete blueprinting service.

Needless to say, mine was WAYYYY off.
neogenesis2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:05 AM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
They came from Travis's second post with the excel spreadsheet. I plugged them in based on voltage and went table for table. The lowest voltages did not take the full numbers... I tried to input the decimal but when I applied them it all reverted to 0...

That's what I was wondering. I looked at the spreadsheet and didn't figure they were direct input values due to the fact that they were so high. I'll try it and see.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 AM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: somewhere in NoVA
Posts: 550
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
That's what I was wondering. I looked at the spreadsheet and didn't figure they were direct input values due to the fact that they were so high. I'll try it and see.
Ooooooohhhh, please....please lemme know how it works for you! I really hope this is the resolution to my high boost fueling issues and hopefully also a relation to my shitty idle. Vlad's description was spot on to what I have going on too!

Just got done watching "knowing" and I figure that the figures travis posed will predict the cure to our problems.... **** or is it the end of the world (EE)

Time for bed!

Cheers,
Matt
Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:09 AM   #33
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central-ish VA
Posts: 4,449
Total Cats: 16
Default

So how do dead times being off affect overall fueling. My deadtimes were off considerably. Like 14v was 1.5 and in reality its like 0.64. Would afr targets still compensate my map? Would the deadtime being input too high cause higher fuel consumption?
neogenesis2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:17 AM   #34
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

good article that explains it:
Yaw Power Products / Injector Dead Times Explained

The deatschwerks injectors do in fact have high dead times from what I remember travis learning.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:26 AM   #35
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,197
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post

Just got done watching "knowing" and I figure that the figures travis posed will predict the cure to our problems.... **** or is it the end of the world (EE)
That was one of the dumbest movies I've ever seen
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #36
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,583
Total Cats: 8
Default

Yea somehow those got into the NB and NBB maps, while the NA maps had the right dead times.

In reality it may not effect much at all because the voltage shouldn't fluctuate that much, and cranking fuel does not get trimmed by injector dead time. Expect to do a little retuning though.
TravisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 08:57 PM   #37
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: somewhere in NoVA
Posts: 550
Total Cats: -1
Default

I'm still waiting on injectors... but wondering if the dead time corrections made a difference for anyone?

Just burning with desire to know!

Oh and how about the new firmware? Anyone have any comments about it? So far it looks good with the little bit of playing I have done tonight!

Cheers,
Prospero
Prospero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:15 PM   #38
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Central-ish VA
Posts: 4,449
Total Cats: 16
Default

I changed my map but I'm not going to be driving my car until the end of next week. The turbine flange on my manifold warped a little. 0.015" gap is causing me not to spool until 4400rpm. A full 1krpm later that pre-leak. I'm going to take it off on Sat and resurface it on my bench sander. On Sun I plan to test out the updated opening times.
neogenesis2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:05 PM   #39
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 1,583
Total Cats: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
Does anyone have an ECU file that starts well, idles well and doesn't have lean tip in that is running Deatchwerks 600's? I want to drop it in and at least see if it cures my idle and tip in problem.

It dies on me so many times today it was embarrasing. Won't run with AC on. I've tried and tried but I don't think that I have something fundamental that is preventing any further progress.

Like the Dead Time Correction. I know mine is wrong but I haven't the slightest idea what is right. Matt looked at Propsero's and immediately knew it was wrong.

Please help and me love you long time. Travis? Any help for your first guinea pig?

You still need a map stein? I didn't notice your edit
TravisR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 12:06 AM   #40
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisR View Post
You still need a map stein? I didn't notice your edit
Yes please. My **** doesn't idle, still has lean tip in and about pukes on itself if I turn on the AC. Other than that, it runs great off idle. Well, except for that part where you are going from off throttle to on throttle going down the road and it goes full lean every time you touch the gas.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 Yesterday 09:00 PM
"Chimney Ethanol" E100 MiataGarage Engine Performance 5 09-30-2015 12:04 AM
In need of base map for stock 1997 brandonbkd MEGAsquirt 0 09-29-2015 12:52 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:04 PM.