2000 Mazda MX-5 Miata - $8000 - Page 5 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Cars for sale/trade List cars for sale here. Buy, trade or sell your Mazda Miata.

Closed Thread
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2013, 04:20 AM   #81
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 25
Total Cats: 0
Default

I'm pretty interested in this car. I wouldn't be able to come up and get it until next month either during the week starting Weds 5/8 or the week starting Weds 5/22. I would have to fly up and drive it back to TX though so for that additional cost, I would request to negotiate a little.
birdzofprey is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #82
I take big bites
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,924
Total Cats: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdzofprey View Post
I'm pretty interested in this car. I wouldn't be able to come up and get it until next month either during the week starting Weds 5/8 or the week starting Weds 5/22. I would have to fly up and drive it back to TX though so for that additional cost, I would request to negotiate a little.
Tell ya what: find one close to you that's the same and I'll beat their price.

I'm quite firm at $8k now. I had to drive it out here from Michigan and the weather is just getting nice! I was firm at 7350 before, so I have to recoup my other costs of registration and transport out here. Otherwise I'll keep it and enjoy it. It wouldn't be for sale at all if I didn't have to spend most of my savings to fix that damn Volvo.
turbofan is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #83
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 25
Total Cats: 0
Default

Ok so this car has been for sell for months and nobody could even come up wirh the money when you had it at 7350. Then you added mileage driving to another state and increased the price back up to 8000 because you decided to register a vehicle you wanted to sell? When I checked airfare yesterday for a one way ticket from san antonio, tx to salt lake city, utah...the price was $315. So my request to negotiate would be to drop that $300 giving you a total of $7700 which is still greater than your previous asking price. If I were local to you...id give you your asking price, but im not and this is the best I could possibly do for having to travel. Anyway, Ill start looking at other options, but GLWS and thanks for looking at my offer.
birdzofprey is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #84
I take big bites
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,924
Total Cats: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdzofprey View Post
Ok so this car has been for sell for months and nobody could even come up wirh the money when you had it at 7350. Then you added mileage driving to another state and increased the price back up to 8000 because you decided to register a vehicle you wanted to sell? When I checked airfare yesterday for a one way ticket from san antonio, tx to salt lake city, utah...the price was $315. So my request to negotiate would be to drop that $300 giving you a total of $7700 which is still greater than your previous asking price. If I were local to you...id give you your asking price, but im not and this is the best I could possibly do for having to travel. Anyway, Ill start looking at other options, but GLWS and thanks for looking at my offer.
It was for sale in the middle of winter. Prime buying time is now. You buy them in the winter time, they're less than if you buy them in spring.

I had to register it to drive it 1700 miles to Utah. Wasn't going to do that in an unregistered vehicle and towing wasn't really an option. I had full intentions of keeping the miata but my damned Volvo blew its motor as we were leaving which is over 3k to fix... eating up most of our small savings safety cushion. I had it priced low to motivate someone to buy in winter so I wouldn't have to move it. I am not willing to lose even more money on it. If it doesn't sell for what I need to get out of it, I will just enjoy it this summer. I don't NEED to sell it, but if I can get a good price for it I will.

That being said, I would be willing to split your plane ticket off the $8k price.

I don't mean to be a jerk, just gotta understand where I'm coming from. The 7350 was an insane price for this car. The insanity has ended.
turbofan is offline  
Old 04-20-2013, 07:57 PM   #85
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 25
Total Cats: 0
Default

I guess because I live in a state so far south we only really have 2 seasons...hot and ridiculously hot, so none of the cars ive ever seen for sale here have adjusted pricing based on seasons. Paying 50% of the ticket is a nice gesture...but lets say I bring my own netbook and you keep yours, would you consider the 7700 offer at that point? We could just transfer the software and any maps or content needed for the car. Ill play with some financial figures to see what i can come up with if not.
birdzofprey is offline  
Old 04-21-2013, 04:48 AM   #86
I take big bites
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,924
Total Cats: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdzofprey View Post
I guess because I live in a state so far south we only really have 2 seasons...hot and ridiculously hot, so none of the cars ive ever seen for sale here have adjusted pricing based on seasons. Paying 50% of the ticket is a nice gesture...but lets say I bring my own netbook and you keep yours, would you consider the 7700 offer at that point? We could just transfer the software and any maps or content needed for the car. Ill play with some financial figures to see what i can come up with if not.
I'd be willing to consider something like that. I don't know about transferring tuner studio and stuff (the netbook has full tinerstudio on it) but if that's possible then that's fine. I just saw my same netbook on sale at Walmart for $269 so not a bad deal for me. Let me know what you come up with.
turbofan is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 01:35 PM   #87
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 25
Total Cats: 0
Default

Ok, financials are in order. Had to make some some autopay adjustments with the bank but money aspect is good. Now just working on travel arrangements. I'll either be getting my ticket from airline friend or through my work, not sure yet...whoever has the best deal lol. I'm going to try for the week starting 5/8 but depends on my job, for sure it will either be that week or the week starting 5/22.
birdzofprey is offline  
Old 04-22-2013, 02:59 PM   #88
I take big bites
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,924
Total Cats: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdzofprey View Post
Ok, financials are in order. Had to make some some autopay adjustments with the bank but money aspect is good. Now just working on travel arrangements. I'll either be getting my ticket from airline friend or through my work, not sure yet...whoever has the best deal lol. I'm going to try for the week starting 5/8 but depends on my job, for sure it will either be that week or the week starting 5/22.
Sounds good. Sent you a pm.
turbofan is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3rd Time's a Charm...hopefully. zephyrusaurai Meet and Greet 2 09-28-2015 11:59 PM
VR6 to Miata Swap ScrapinMX5 Meet and Greet 8 09-28-2015 02:04 PM
Another Alternator thread ihiryu General Miata Chat 9 09-28-2015 11:22 AM
another noob kr307 Meet and Greet 1 09-26-2015 11:33 AM
Koni 1150 Coilover Kit drumman83 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 2 09-25-2015 08:03 PM


Tags
mazda, mx-5 miata

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:47 AM.