Let the games begin!!! My turbo build. - Page 8 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


DIY Turbo Discussion greddy on a 1.8? homebrew kit?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #141
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

If you hang around with car enthusiasts that actually know anything, they're not mocking the Miata--at least not seriously.

In the circles around here, even among my big V8 friends, we use Miata-bashing as a sign that the person doesn't truly know anything about motorsports.

You come on here and ask for help, then don't take the help, then make fun of those who are offering legit help, then make up stupid *** excuses like "omg i'll be swapping parts so fast I won't even have time to research" which is pure unadulterated bullshit, and then you have the gall to make the above post saying that the car that everyone here knows and loves, and the car that if you'd like to be a part of this community you'd have to at least respect a little, is "lowest on the totem pole" which is just blatantly not true among those who know.

Petition to ban JBacciani? He's having a purely negative effect on this forum, and has expressed blatant desire to not be a part of the Miata community. We don't need the hate around here.
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 01:58 PM   #142
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,842
Total Cats: 271
Default

Eh, I'm in for the lulz

lets wait for troll's allofit, while expecting noneofit
Girz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:00 PM   #143
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Total Cats: -130
Default

sorry MLEV that it hurts your feelings. Sorry the car you love so much doesn't really mean a lot to the rest of the world. Sadly the rest of the world DOESN'T know about the Miata. Let me ask you this...How does word spread? JUST like this!! I have 8 pages of bashing and i'm still building my car... i like my car its YOU and the others that bash me, im still going to build it and play with it, you and NOBODY else i going to deter that. Doesn't change the class that the car is in though. its low accept that. If anything I'M the one holding on to the miata as my favorite toy.
JBacciani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:02 PM   #144
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Total Cats: -130
Default

at the end, when i'm finished, you will have no choice but to respect it....
JBacciani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:03 PM   #145
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,842
Total Cats: 271
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBacciani View Post
at the end, when i'm finished, you will have no choice but to respect it....
Girz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:06 PM   #146
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

OMFG can you sell your car already and buy a civic? You can put all the ebay parts you want, we don't have to read about it, everybody wins!
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #147
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBacciani View Post
I love reading all the hate on this thread. Im still going to build my car. I will take some of the useful info and ignore some of you, but a few of you got my attention and require a response...First let me say that you ALL drive what has to be the lowest on the totem poll car of them all. A Mazda Miata. Just about every other car enthusiast laughs at this car. Sure it handles well and is fun to play with it, but let's be real for a minute. This car is compared to the Pontiac fiero and honda Del sol. Its a toy, and we all like to play with our toys. I don't get upset over what you say because, well, its a miata. who REALLY takes this car seriously ???? NOBODY!!! I read someone say lets ban anyone working with a 1.6. ok, but what about the v8 guys should they ban anyone keeping a 4 cylinder, or basically the car world banning the miata because.....lol, because its a miata! relax people stop crying over something so tiny. Im having fun, stop trying to **** in my coffee. I also read someone saying its not "woof" these are my words, if you understood it, good. i could have chosen a hundred others to describe it, but you seem to be limited to one, so ok use the one you like best.
Now back to my build, i didn't work on the car last weekend because I was in Mexico, going back down south to Disneyland with the kids this weekend , but will jump back on it by the 19th. Admit it guys , you keep coming back because you KNOW this car is goingt o be EPIC!! I am here for your pleasure

I'll agree with these things, just probably not in the same vein as you're insinuating.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #148
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,091
Total Cats: 90
Default

Ok really, who is this. Who's second account is this. Trolling from a normal member is too obvious. No one uses this line in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBacciani View Post
at the end, when i'm finished, you will have no choice but to respect it....
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #149
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:21 PM   #150
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

For the record, I couldn't care less about whether or not you succeed with your bogus parts, or how much power you end up making in the end. I'm not bashing you, and I'm not bashing your car.

The only thing I'm upset about is that you're taking a car that's becomming more and more rare, a car that has incredibly good, proven parts available for 1/4 as much as most other cars out there, and a car that's already good enough from the factory to be the world's most raced sports car, and you're ruining it.

It would be different if you didn't ask for help. It would be different if you took the help offered. It would be different if you were trolling (although I don't think you are).

But your attitude is the reason so many people have bad opinions about car enthusiasts, and you're wrecking an awesome car just because #yolo #swag #respectmahcar #hondaJDMyofosheezy

---

Granted you're also the reason my girlfriend's super clean Mariner '90 is currently APPRECIATING in value.. so, I guess, carry on?
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #151
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,924
Total Cats: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBacciani View Post
at the end, when i'm finished, you will have no choice but to respect it....
I might respect the car (though with you building it, I highly doubt it). But you, sir, garner no respect.

Attached Thumbnails
Let the games begin!!! My turbo build.-images1-184x158.jpg  
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:34 PM   #152
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,653
Total Cats: 1,559
Default

I don't hate the 1.6. But I don't have one.


And I like the under-respected aspect of the car's reputation. It made it more fun to pass a Gallardo and a Ferrari 599 at the track.

And to beat three different v8 Mustangs at the drag track.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:47 PM   #153
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 42
Total Cats: -130
Default

For the record i did take some advice, in fact i took quit a bit. I factored in what was worth the risk 9should i build a new manifold? sure, but lets see what this one does first) Someone told me not to use the pulley without rubber in the middle or it would shake the engine apart..so i sold it on ebay. What you seem to be forgetting is as mentioned in the beginning , i already paid for the parts, and what could be returned for a better version, was returned. What I didnt know I was able to apply. like the megasquirt and the larger fuel injectors. Those were purchased because of this site. So i got something from it. also the intake is on hold because i saw something you posted that is expensive as hell, but i am considering it. just waiting for some friends to get back to me. Is it the car YOU want, no, but it is what I want. all im asking is to stop hating because it isnt configured the way you want it.
JBacciani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:49 PM   #154
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

This is a troll without a doubt. I vote ban.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 02:56 PM   #155
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

Have you ever noticed that the words "hate," "haters," "hating," or any other variation is almost universally used on the internet in threads about things that suck?
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:08 PM   #156
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Don't hate on our hating concealer.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:10 PM   #157
Senior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 659
Total Cats: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBacciani View Post
For the record i did take some advice, in fact i took quit a bit. I factored in what was worth the risk 9should i build a new manifold? sure, but lets see what this one does first) Someone told me not to use the pulley without rubber in the middle or it would shake the engine apart..so i sold it on ebay. What you seem to be forgetting is as mentioned in the beginning , i already paid for the parts, and what could be returned for a better version, was returned. What I didnt know I was able to apply. like the megasquirt and the larger fuel injectors. Those were purchased because of this site. So i got something from it. also the intake is on hold because i saw something you posted that is expensive as hell, but i am considering it. just waiting for some friends to get back to me. Is it the car YOU want, no, but it is what I want. all im asking is to stop hating because it isnt configured the way you want it.
Sorry, I stopped following this train wreck after your post about 'swapping parts so fast I can't research them' which is why I quoted it several times because it's burned into my memory about how insanely stupid you sounded.

I'm glad you took a bit of advice. Good on you.

I still hate your attitude, and I can't stand the way people throw around the word "hater" to cover up their ineptitude.

If someone calls you a ******* idiot for drinking nail polish remover, they're not a hater, they're just calling you a ******* idiot for drinking nail polish remover--which you are.
mlev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:12 PM   #158
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
Don't hate on our hating concealer.
Don't be a hater.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #159
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,924
Total Cats: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlev View Post
If someone calls you a ******* idiot for drinking nail polish remover, they're not a hater, they're just calling you a ******* idiot for drinking nail polish remover--which you are.


props
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 03:25 PM   #160
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
I might respect the car (though with you building it, I highly doubt it). But you, sir, garner no respect.

@ eggplant
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
WTB MP62 (Hotside) (NB2) Rick02R WTB 3 01-03-2016 08:18 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
ISO 1.6 turbo cast iron manifold cale saurage DIY Turbo Discussion 16 10-01-2015 12:25 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:48 PM.