Oil and Water lines - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


DIY Turbo Discussion greddy on a 1.8? homebrew kit?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2016, 11:20 AM   #1
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Total Cats: -12
Default Oil and Water lines

Hi there, i am having a tough time finding out, where to find oil and water feed and return lines for my 99 NB Miata. I have a T25/T28 turbo and i was hoping someone could give me their two cents on where to find a kit or what materials i need to just go to the hardware store and buy it myself.

Thanks, from ProjectDIY
ProjectDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:30 AM   #2
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof
iTrader: (3)
 
psyber_0ptix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,617
Total Cats: 307
Default

Search button will tell you all!

You can use a banjo bolt and source it from behind the head, and return to the mixing manifold.

You can tee your heater core line and return to mixing manifold.

If you're lame and haven't done a coolant reroute, you can source from the coolant neck and return to mixing manifold.

The possibilities are endless.
psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,819
Total Cats: 269
Default

BEGi / Bell Engineering -4 Stainless Steel Braided Line less than 19.9"

Oil Feed and Return - Miata Turbo FAQ

JGS Precision Turbo

Or you can have some made for you locally.

what I really should reply with is for you to go through the build threads and research what's been used. T25/T28 are ideally different, what trubo do you has?

Turbos- How to check the difference between the T25 and T28 OEM Nissan Turbo ? FRSport.com
Girz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:43 AM   #4
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Downmented's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 485
Total Cats: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girz0r View Post
BEGi / Bell Engineering -4 Stainless Steel Braided Line less than 19.9"

Oil Feed and Return - Miata Turbo FAQ

JGS Precision Turbo

Or you can have some made for you locally.

what I really should reply with is for you to go through the build threads and research what's been used. T25/T28 are ideally different, what trubo do you has?

Turbos- How to check the difference between the T25 and T28 OEM Nissan Turbo ? FRSport.com
Change your avatar back! I like the old one better !!!
Downmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #5
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 2,819
Total Cats: 269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Downmented View Post
Change your avatar back! I like the old one better !!!
Yes, more important things

I used this as a temp as I've been on the hunt for another awkward face to use.
Girz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:08 PM   #6
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Downmented's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 485
Total Cats: 59
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girz0r View Post
Yes, more important things

I used this as a temp as I've been on the hunt for another awkward face to use.
Her face made me happy!
Downmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:43 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Westminster
Posts: 65
Total Cats: 0
Default

FM has hard lines for oil/water for like 300$. I am also having the trouble of finding water lines for my t3 on my 1.8. I would rather save 150$ and not get hard lines if I can find a kit for just the waterlines.
muutant1998@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 12:58 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Staunton, Va
Posts: 2,312
Total Cats: 192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
FM has hard lines for oil/water for like 300$. I am also having the trouble of finding water lines for my t3 on my 1.8. I would rather save 150$ and not get hard lines if I can find a kit for just the waterlines.
Then it goes like this :

Figure out what threads are on your turbo, and what tyou of connection you will use at the engine. Go down to a hydraulic shop and have them make you a set of steel braided lines. Not that hard.
ryansmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:19 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Westminster
Posts: 65
Total Cats: 0
Default

Ok will do, I will try and search this forum and find out what thread I have on the turbo and what connection I need for the engine.
muutant1998@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 01:26 PM   #10
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,715
Total Cats: 1,085
Default

Go on google and search for hydraulic shops and your zip code. Go there with your turbo, and hopefully they should be able to figure out the fittings on the turbo you need. Then you can get them to make you AN lines once you figure out lengths. The other good source for turbo fittings is ATPTurbo.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 02:04 PM   #11
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Azusa, CA
Posts: 1,376
Total Cats: 80
Default

I haven't done my research yet but I wanted to use something like this. To get the rubber line far enough from the turbo heat and have the barb in a location where it is easy to inspect/replace the hose.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6AN-Turbo-Wa...1UGwny&vxp=mtr


Has anyone used a kit like this and have any input?
cyotani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #12
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Total Cats: -12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
Go on google and search for hydraulic shops and your zip code. Go there with your turbo, and hopefully they should be able to figure out the fittings on the turbo you need. Then you can get them to make you AN lines once you figure out lengths. The other good source for turbo fittings is ATPTurbo.
Ahhh okay, yeah let me see to that, i will do some digging to see if i can find something like that in my area, do you think home depot or Lows will have what i am looking for?
ProjectDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 07:42 PM   #13
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof
iTrader: (3)
 
psyber_0ptix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,617
Total Cats: 307
Default

Not for the high pressure side. Seriously
psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 08:59 PM   #14
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 13,715
Total Cats: 1,085
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDIY View Post
Ahhh okay, yeah let me see to that, i will do some digging to see if i can find something like that in my area, do you think home depot or Lows will have what i am looking for?
No you need to find an actual hydraulic shop.
shuiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:15 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Staunton, Va
Posts: 2,312
Total Cats: 192
Default

Whyyyy, whyyyyyyyyyy ?????? Every time a new member asks a question, we give detailed instructions, and then are immediately asked for a different answer. NO, NO, NO! Lowes is not a turbo parts source. Hell, they hardly even have the materials for DIY home projects.
ryansmoneypit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 09:49 PM   #16
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Total Cats: -12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansmoneypit View Post
Whyyyy, whyyyyyyyyyy ?????? Every time a new member asks a question, we give detailed instructions, and then are immediately asked for a different answer. NO, NO, NO! Lowes is not a turbo parts source. Hell, they hardly even have the materials for DIY home projects.
hahaha, yeah thats true, but where would you recommend me going instead of lows? and is cheaper than lets say 300$?
ProjectDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:54 PM   #17
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Onyxyth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boyertown, PA
Posts: 714
Total Cats: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectDIY View Post
hahaha, yeah thats true, but where would you recommend me going instead of lows? and is cheaper than lets say 300$?
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
No you need to find an actual hydraulic shop.
Onyxyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 11:17 PM   #18
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,039
Total Cats: 99
Default

A place that can actually make hydraulic hoses. some NAPAs do it, and so do some independent car parts stores do too. Or if you're lucky you'll have an actual hydro shop nearby.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 06:38 AM   #19
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Downmented's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posts: 485
Total Cats: 59
Default

Yes, you can get your oil and coolant lines at the hardware store, find some copper fittings in the pluming department.

Something like this should work-
Shop EASTMAN 8-ft 1,500-PSI Stainless Steel Dishwasher Connector at Lowes.com
Shop Appliance Supply Lines & Drain Hoses at Lowes.com

Just measure the distance of the lines you need and make sure to get the right length lines, fittings are less important, any fitting will work really you can just use thread tape to insure proper seal, you can drain to atmosphere without issue.
Dont listen to all these newbs, you can build an entire turbo kit at the hardware store, its the new age performance shop!

Downmented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 01:20 PM   #20
Newb
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 2
Total Cats: 0
Default

Anyone know where you can run an oil line from on a 2003 1.8? also where could I T off to get a vacuum line for my ECU
chewitt860 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VVT Oil Feed JamesGSY DIY Turbo Discussion 26 02-10-2017 07:31 AM
Turbo selection advice... Antidavid DIY Turbo Discussion 21 05-07-2016 01:22 PM
turbo outlet issues NicDrilling DIY Turbo Discussion 15 05-06-2016 10:30 PM
MP62 oil issues rom_nb Supercharger Discussion 2 05-03-2016 05:58 PM
Turbo manifold ewg bhooligan Miata parts for sale/trade 4 05-02-2016 02:40 AM


Tags
cooling, feed and return, oil lines, turbo plumbing, water lines

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:30 AM.