My 99 T25 @ 10 psi with WI... dyno - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #21
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Posts: 350
Total Cats: -1
Default

Funny. I was gonna guess 143.1hp @ 4200 and 181.19tq @ 4100. I shoulda said something. :(
944obscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #22
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 331
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944obscene View Post
funny. I was gonna guess 143.1hp @ 4200 and 181.19tq @ 4100. I shoulda said something. :(
liar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
99NBMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #23
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 79
Total Cats: 0
Default

its a shame youre in cali...there are so many more options where emissions doesnt matter...

your EGM is definitely holding you back. Piggybacks are terrible on the miata. the AEM, Hydra, and Megasquirt are all good options.

Sorry for the disappointment.

To boost your confidence a little, a guy came into my buddys shop the other day with a hotside supercharger running 12psi and only made 175 HP at 6500 rpms LOL
jc_rotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 12:37 PM   #24
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 331
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_rotor View Post
its a shame youre in cali...there are so many more options where emissions doesnt matter...

your EGM is definitely holding you back. Piggybacks are terrible on the miata. the AEM, Hydra, and Megasquirt are all good options.

Sorry for the disappointment.

To boost your confidence a little, a guy came into my buddys shop the other day with a hotside supercharger running 12psi and only made 175 HP at 6500 rpms LOL
LOL, thanks...I am building a MS2 but it had a bad outcome. I think I may just convert it to run MS1 with a CAS and be done with it. I hate the voodoo box, thank god I got it used. I love my tq though
99NBMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 01:37 AM   #25
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Malibu, CA
Posts: 749
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braineack View Post
Sounds like the clutch is slipping on that pull....
Agreed.

And... umm... I think I may be the one who sold you the voodoo box lol, sorry it didn't work out too well for you, I never got to even try it on my car, but with some tuning hopefully you can get it to work.
speedf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #26
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 331
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedf50 View Post
Agreed.

And... umm... I think I may be the one who sold you the voodoo box lol, sorry it didn't work out too well for you, I never got to even try it on my car, but with some tuning hopefully you can get it to work.
No worries man you gave me a great deal and it's not anything to worry about. Crappy product good price!

As for the clutch if you are referring to the lack of power @ the end of the pull it went extremely lean. NB's retard timing massively when lean which I may think is throwing you and Scott off. If its somewhere else please let me know...because I am almost 100% positive I have no clutch slip. My brother's miata came with a real bad slipping clutch so I know the exact feel.
99NBMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:34 AM   #27
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Malibu, CA
Posts: 749
Total Cats: 0
Default

It was nothing to do with the graph, I was just saying that based on the sound on the vid. It sounded like at the end of the run the car was revving freely which made me think the clutch could be slipping, but you probably have more experience with bad clutches than I do, and if it was slipping, you would probably notice it when driving. Do you hit full boost when driving around? And are you on the stock clutch?

It's a possibility.

Oh and come on out to the west side miata/bunch of other stuff meets every other thursday in marina del ray, there's a thread on the cali CR forums. I need to check out some more boosted miatas, and I have still yet to drive one!
speedf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 01:57 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 272
Total Cats: 0
Default

get a ms or hydra.
Sleeper_MX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:43 PM   #29
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 331
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedf50 View Post
It was nothing to do with the graph, I was just saying that based on the sound on the vid. It sounded like at the end of the run the car was revving freely which made me think the clutch could be slipping, but you probably have more experience with bad clutches than I do, and if it was slipping, you would probably notice it when driving. Do you hit full boost when driving around? And are you on the stock clutch?
It's a possibility.
I never hit full boost or take it abouve 5K when driving around because I DD and baby my car. Yah at the end of the video is when it went lean and the NB retards itself dramatically which sounds similar to a slipping clutch. Yes stock clutch as well as stock open 1.8 diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedf50 View Post

Oh and come on out to the west side miata/bunch of other stuff meets every other thursday in marina del ray, there's a thread on the cali CR forums. I need to check out some more boosted miatas, and I have still yet to drive one!
NIce, yah I never have been to any miata meets because of my lack of time with work, family etc...but it sounds fun
99NBMia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 04:53 PM   #30
Elite Member
iTrader: (15)
 
patsmx5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 8,788
Total Cats: 247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99NBMia View Post
Yah at the end of the video is when it went lean and the NB retards itself dramatically which sounds similar to a slipping clutch.
BULLLLLLLLLLL ****. That's not retarded timing. You either blew a coupler off and that sound was the turbo overspinning making all that noise, or your clutch is slipping like hell. No ******* way that's timing related though. Sorry. If it retarded like hell, it would just fall on it's face, not rev up like 30# of boost just came online.

Get your MS2 going.
patsmx5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 07:30 PM   #31
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: So Cal
Posts: 331
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsmx5 View Post
BULLLLLLLLLLL ****. That's not retarded timing. You either blew a coupler off and that sound was the turbo overspinning making all that noise, or your clutch is slipping like hell. No ******* way that's timing related though. Sorry. If it retarded like hell, it would just fall on it's face, not rev up like 30# of boost just came online.

Get your MS2 going.
My brother said he would start to diagnose the problem with the MS2 so I am hoping on that, but he just got a new job so he's a bit busy... You are probably correct on that video, that may be the one with the coupler blowing off because now I realize the retard would actually slow the progression of RPMS not increase it. I will try to post the other videos of the other runs and see if it changes. But it is very possible I hosted the wrong run, but work doesn't allow youtube so I am not sure. Almost 100% sure that is not the clutch because it pulled perfectly on the way to work with no slippage WSE.
99NBMia is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Garrett Turbo, 1.8 Oil Pan, & Misc. Stuff nbdooey Miata parts for sale/trade 9 08-30-2017 10:50 PM
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
Why dynos should plot Torque divided by MAP JasonC SBB ECUs and Tuning 11 10-27-2015 05:56 PM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
why is my car running like pewp? (tune/datalog) itsMikey MSPNP 3 09-28-2015 07:40 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:32 PM.