ECUs and Tuning Discuss Engine Management, Tuning, & Programming
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Usb and obd2 mounted in gauge bezel

 
Old 10-28-2015, 06:24 AM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 610
Total Cats: 12
Default Usb and obd2 mounted in gauge bezel

Does anyone have any ideas/pictures of how I can mount a usb connector and a obd2 port in a gauge bezel? The usb is simple enough, they sell ones you can mount but I'm out of luck with the obd2 mount.
Links, pictures are appreciated. (I want to mount the obd2 in there so I can feed it to a reader and get live and video interface data when I do track days)
Thanks
btabor is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 09:09 AM
  #2  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
bahurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,583
Total Cats: 257
Default

Originally Posted by btabor View Post
Does anyone have any ideas/pictures of how I can mount a usb connector and a obd2 port in a gauge bezel? The usb is simple enough, they sell ones you can mount but I'm out of luck with the obd2 mount.
Links, pictures are appreciated. (I want to mount the obd2 in there so I can feed it to a reader and get live and video interface data when I do track days)
Thanks

MS in the car?


Use one of Rev's CAN modules and bring it over to the center console. A short aftermarket ribbon cable adapter out to the gauge panel or just use a BT module.
bahurd is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 11:55 AM
  #3  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 610
Total Cats: 12
Default

Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
MS in the car?


Use one of Rev's CAN modules and bring it over to the center console. A short aftermarket ribbon cable adapter out to the gauge panel or just use a BT module.
I have a can module from rev, well I'm waiting to receive it. That's why I'm asking to see pictures, because I don't have it with me yet.
btabor is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 02:51 PM
  #4  
SADFab Destructive Testing Engineer
iTrader: (5)
 
aidandj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Beaverton, USA
Posts: 18,481
Total Cats: 1,628
Default

aidandj is offline  
Old 10-28-2015, 03:59 PM
  #5  
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
bahurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,583
Total Cats: 257
Default

Originally Posted by btabor View Post
I have a can module from rev, well I'm waiting to receive it. That's why I'm asking to see pictures, because I don't have it with me yet.


Sorry, missed the pictures part. I'll see if I have time to get mine out of the box and snap pics.

EDIT: Pic. Black connector in the middle and at the end of the cable is OBDII port.


Last edited by bahurd; 10-28-2015 at 04:21 PM.
bahurd is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
cruisin
ECUs and Tuning
12
06-27-2016 10:22 PM
pcormier66
Engine Performance
38
03-04-2016 08:38 PM
nigelt
Miata parts for sale/trade
17
12-20-2015 11:14 AM
RuckRider
General Miata Chat
32
11-27-2015 12:11 AM
btabor
Race Prep
5
10-25-2015 08:48 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Usb and obd2 mounted in gauge bezel


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.