1990 Miata: Turbo 1.6, 1.8, rotary swap, V8 swap? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Engine Performance This section is for discussion on all engine building related questions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-17-2012, 03:58 PM   #21
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Joose View Post
Tim, based off your responses here I assume you've never done an engine swap and you dont have to acknowlege it either way. But, these guys are just going to bash you and tell you you're an idiot so if you really want help this is not the place. .
You think his questions are completely n00bish and stupid correct?
You think he's lazy for not searching before making this idiotic thread correct?
Be honest.

Now imagine that, x10, and on a daily basis.
Would you agree or disagree that you'd get annoyed after a certain amount of time and start "hazing" said newbs to stop being lazy bitchez and actually do some homework before running their mouth?

If you disagree, I'm going to pm you every single time a thread like this pops up and expect you to answer it thoroughly (which will require a big *** post and 100's of follow up posts and in the end they will still say you're an a-hole)
If you agree, then your response of "they'll just bash you" is unjustified and actually pretty moronic.

You kinda sorta show a little potential so I'm being actually serious in this post.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:13 PM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 3,518
Total Cats: 259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTim View Post
What is the Best to do in terms of power vs. cost?
a frankenmiata-style build.

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_artic...ocharging.aspx


edit: aww, I'm late to the party :(
soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:34 PM   #23
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 346
Total Cats: -223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
You think his questions are completely n00bish and stupid correct?
You think he's lazy for not searching before making this idiotic thread correct?
Be honest.

Now imagine that, x10, and on a daily basis.
Would you agree or disagree that you'd get annoyed after a certain amount of time and start "hazing" said newbs to stop being lazy bitchez and actually do some homework before running their mouth?

If you disagree, I'm going to pm you every single time a thread like this pops up and expect you to answer it thoroughly (which will require a big *** post and 100's of follow up posts and in the end they will still say you're an a-hole)
If you agree, then your response of "they'll just bash you" is unjustified and actually pretty moronic.

You kinda sorta show a little potential so I'm being actually serious in this post.
How about this solution....a mod or someone like yourself that actually gets annoyed. To join, ask a series of questions on the signup and if they answer a certain way have the answers listed there so they wont do crap like this?

Ex:
1)Is your miata curently boosted?

A)Yes(they must know a little something, they enter)
B)No(moves them to the next question)

2) What are your plans for your car?

a) Turbo(175-250 whp)
b) Turbo(250 whp+)
c) Supercharger
d) Engine swap

Depending on answer lead them to a FAQ section that makes them check a box that says I have read all the basic info needed to (Blank) my car and if i start a thread that involves an anser listed here I will be banned.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Boost Joose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #24
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

We've discussed suggestions/proposals like that numerous times.
Each time it was shot down by mods/admins.
They seemed to have valid reasoning for it too, just don't remember what it was lol
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:48 PM   #25
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 346
Total Cats: -223
Default

Well I'd really like to hear what it is(reason to not have pre-entrance requirements), if this could be solved maybe the trolls would turn into mary poppins and the enlarged dry corncobs would be released from their a$$es! But, I doubt it, since their fathers abused them I'm they'll be like that for life.
Boost Joose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:52 PM   #26
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,326
Total Cats: 1,925
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
In for another GLORIOUS thread resulting in ragequit
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupraTim View Post
Alright, well this website sucks anyways.
Vlad called it. Props awarded.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 PM   #27
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

There you go again with your cool ------- plans and logic.
There is literally nothing stopping an idiot from clicking "I own a boosted miata and I know everything" button and proceeding to ask a dumb lazy question.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 04:55 PM   #28
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Vlad called it. Props awarded.
thank you sir
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:03 PM   #29
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 346
Total Cats: -223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
There you go again with your cool ------- plans and logic.
There is literally nothing stopping an idiot from clicking "I own a boosted miata and I know everything" button and proceeding to ask a dumb lazy question.
lol well I'm using my "cool ------- plans and logic" on my car so I'll let you see how that turns out when I finish up....
Boost Joose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:07 PM   #30
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

cool. If you built a fast car I'll be right here to congratulate you
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:27 PM   #31
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 2,640
Total Cats: 25
Default

If you shut up just a little more, Id almost say you actually are showing a little promise here.

Dann
nitrodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:37 PM   #32
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 346
Total Cats: -223
Default

I'm not really sure what to say here, I'm not seeking approval but somehow I feel as though this is a fraternity.....I dont attempt to be a dick or intend to annoy by obnoxious/redundant comments/questions but I'm sure it's possible to happen. My car will be fast, not bragging, just saying. No, I wont be making a build thread but I will post videos and sheets. Cut me some slack if you will.
Boost Joose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #33
NB/VVT Connoisseur
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 6,072
Total Cats: 253
Default

We ain't cutting you shi, fa88ot.

Vlad must have gotten laid last night because usually about this time he would be ***** deep in your eye socket making it rain baby batter on your useless brain.
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:54 PM   #34
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Joose View Post
I'm not really sure what to say here, I'm not seeking approval but somehow I feel as though this is a fraternity.....I dont attempt to be a dick or intend to annoy by obnoxious/redundant comments/questions but I'm sure it's possible to happen. My car will be fast, not bragging, just saying. No, I wont be making a build thread but I will post videos and sheets. Cut me some slack if you will.
Why not?
That would be better than just posting all over other threads and irritating some folks. In YOUR build thread you'll be 10 times less likely to get attacked for your "ideas" and "thoughts" since its your thread and your car.

Just sayin.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:55 PM   #35
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperormiata View Post
We ain't cutting you shi, fa88ot.

Vlad must have gotten laid last night because usually about this time he would be ***** deep in your eye socket making it rain baby batter on your useless brain.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 06:58 PM   #36
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 346
Total Cats: -223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
Why not?
That would be better than just posting all over other threads and irritating some folks. In YOUR build thread you'll be 10 times less likely to get attacked for your "ideas" and "thoughts" since its your thread and your car.

Just sayin.
Too far along....
Boost Joose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:03 PM   #37
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Your call.
I'd still do it.

Some on here have actually made threads AFTER the fact.
No one ever really minds. Especially if its a good thread.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #38
NB/VVT Connoisseur
iTrader: (23)
 
viperormiata's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Key West
Posts: 6,072
Total Cats: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boost Joose View Post
Too far along....
That's code for: I'm a liar and just want attention.

I made my thread a year after I turbo'd the car and was already on my 3rd turbo.
viperormiata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:14 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Springfield IL
Posts: 2,750
Total Cats: 24
Default

18psi's last two real posts are great words of wisdom. Not only do they show ur stuff off, they also give you a reference point if you forget how something went together. If you are anything like Min, its also a way to see your progress from Sawzall killings to 400 hp's of glory. The 3/4 of the way done builds are nice because its like being able to fast forward in a ****. No one watches it for the acting, just the smashing.
chpmnsws6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 07:28 PM   #40
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,196
Total Cats: 2,583
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chpmnsws6 View Post
18psi's last two real posts are great words of wisdom. Not only do they show ur stuff off, they also give you a reference point if you forget how something went together. If you are anything like Min, its also a way to see your progress from Sawzall killings to 400 hp's of glory. The 3/4 of the way done builds are nice because its like being able to fast forward in a ****. No one watches it for the acting, just the smashing.
I forward to the o face
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
Bad head gasket or ? shooterschmidty Engine Performance 8 09-30-2015 11:28 PM
Low oil pressure after 1.8 swap and new turbo setup JesseTheNoob DIY Turbo Discussion 15 09-30-2015 03:44 PM
VR6 to Miata Swap ScrapinMX5 Meet and Greet 8 09-28-2015 02:04 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:45 PM.