oil and coolant turbo lines - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Engine Performance This section is for discussion on all engine building related questions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seabrook nh
Posts: 397
Total Cats: 0
Default oil and coolant turbo lines

ok so i need to get my motor in today and the only part left is my turbo lines

now i know that the biggest opening is the oil drain line which goes into the oil pan. but where do i get the feed line from? and both the feed and return coolant lines? and where can i get the lines from? if someone has pictures that would be great

Thanks
bayside blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
Hear me Meow
iTrader: (3)
 
skidude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Outside Portland Maine
Posts: 1,993
Total Cats: 13
Default

I bought a kit for the turbo feed line, and it came with a nice drain line also. The coolant lines were easier to find, I just used some standard coolant hose from the local parts store, and some barb fittings from the hardware store.

For sizes and locations, do a search. There are tons of threads on this.

Depending on what year car you have (which should be in your sig) you can get oil from different places.

Coolant comes from the front by the thermostat usually.
skidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Your questions show that you haven't put any time into searching. So I suggest you start now.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Last edited by levnubhin; 06-04-2009 at 12:54 PM.
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
tyson87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Posts: 1,023
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillatio View Post
You questions show that you haven't put any time into searching. So I suggest you start now.
you could have just given him the answer...


coolant



oil supply
tyson87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #5
Hear me Meow
iTrader: (3)
 
skidude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Outside Portland Maine
Posts: 1,993
Total Cats: 13
Default

Coolant is easy, oil is not as easy. We don't know what year his car is. If it's a 1.6 or early 1.8 he can get it real handy like under the turbo, but if it's newer than he'll have to get it from the other side.
skidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:17 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson87 View Post
you could have just SPOON FED him the answer...


coolant



oil supply


Fixed. How many threads do we need about the same ****?
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:45 PM   #7
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seabrook nh
Posts: 397
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidude108 View Post
I bought a kit for the turbo feed line, and it came with a nice drain line also. The coolant lines were easier to find, I just used some standard coolant hose from the local parts store, and some barb fittings from the hardware store.

For sizes and locations, do a search. There are tons of threads on this.

Depending on what year car you have (which should be in your sig) you can get oil from different places.

Coolant comes from the front by the thermostat usually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillatio View Post
You questions show that you haven't put any time into searching. So I suggest you start now.
i did search thank you. i was looking for pictures of where they go
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyson87 View Post
you could have just given him the answer...


coolant



oil supply
thank you
bayside blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:49 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,282
Total Cats: 0
Default

If you searched you would've found those pics. Tyson didn't just make them for you.

You obviously didn't read the https://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t4288/ thread.
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #9
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seabrook nh
Posts: 397
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillatio View Post
If you searched you would've found those pics. Tyson didn't just make them for you.

You obviously didn't read the https://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t4288/ thread.
but there wasnt a pic of the oil feed line lol

anyone know if like autozone or somewhere would carry the lines needed?
bayside blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #10
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayside blue View Post
anyone know if like autozone or somewhere would carry the lines needed?
No, places *like Vatozone don't have them.


In an effort to actually be helpful:

The coolant feed and return are standard and can be found at local auto stores.

You can also find your return line at local stores, as well as the fitting that goes into the oil pan at your local Home Depot.

I recommend having a stainless feed line made at the least, since it goes near the downpipe, and hold higher pressures. The fittings for the motor end of that line might also be found at HD/Lowe's with some luck, but I forget the size. The oil in/out fittings will be specific to your turbo and require:

SEARCHING
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:07 PM   #11
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: seabrook nh
Posts: 397
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gospeed81 View Post
No, places *like Vatozone don't have them.


In an effort to actually be helpful:

The coolant feed and return are standard and can be found at local auto stores.

You can also find your return line at local stores, as well as the fitting that goes into the oil pan at your local Home Depot.

I recommend having a stainless feed line made at the least, since it goes near the downpipe, and hold higher pressures. The fittings for the motor end of that line might also be found at HD/Lowe's with some luck, but I forget the size. The oil in/out fittings will be specific to your turbo and require:

SEARCHING
thanks. i alread ymade a couple calls and found a place about 25mins from my house that carrys a huge arrangement of lines and im on my way to get them.

hopefully if i can get my motor out of the basement when i get back then i just need to put the clutch/flywheel and trans on and put it in!
bayside blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #12
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Scotland
Posts: 5
Total Cats: 0
Default

The links on the FAQ don't all work.
Ripple is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Garrett Turbo, 1.8 Oil Pan, & Misc. Stuff nbdooey Miata parts for sale/trade 9 08-30-2017 10:50 PM
Another Cast Manifold Corky Bell Prefabbed Turbo Kits 18 11-22-2016 10:01 PM
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
3rd Time's a Charm...hopefully. zephyrusaurai Meet and Greet 2 09-28-2015 11:59 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.