supertech pistons and belfab rods - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Engine Performance This section is for discussion on all engine building related questions.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #1
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Moraga, CA
Posts: 39
Total Cats: 0
Default supertech pistons and belfab rods

I'm getting paid tonight on a project and will have some extra cash to get my build rolling (finally I can stop asking questions and start doing). I want to have pistons and rods in before I turbo the car just so I have it done now and I don't wait till down the road, figure its easier and smarter to do right off the bat.

I found this package BELFAB RACING PRODUCTS and thought I might go with it, because it's not breaking the bank. But what are peoples experiences with these pistons and rods? I've heard good things bout the rods but never anything about the pistons.
swerv_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 02:58 PM   #2
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,633
Total Cats: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv_on View Post
I'm getting paid tonight on a project and will have some extra cash to get my build rolling (finally I can stop asking questions and start doing). I want to have pistons and rods in before I turbo the car just so I have it done now and I don't wait till down the road, figure its easier and smarter to do right off the bat.

I found this package BELFAB RACING PRODUCTS and thought I might go with it, because it's not breaking the bank. But what are peoples experiences with these pistons and rods? I've heard good things bout the rods but never anything about the pistons.
And you searched this forum using the search button an the keyword "belfab" and found nothing? I'll alert a moderator. That search button has really been acting up lately.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
And you searched this forum using the search button an the keyword "belfab" and found nothing? I'll alert a moderator. That search button has really been acting up lately.
lol! sarcasm suits you shooter
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:12 PM   #4
meatbag
iTrader: (50)
 
gospeed81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 7,357
Total Cats: 26
Default

hell...he could have searched supertech and found a VERY recent thread on piston problems:

https://www.miataturbo.net/forum/t38232/
gospeed81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:16 PM   #5
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Moraga, CA
Posts: 39
Total Cats: 0
Default

The rods I understand to be good, but I have seen very little about the pistons. I read zx-tex's post about having one of his pistons crack which raises concerns (though it sounds like that was not due to poor quality but an outside issue). I'm just trying to figure out if I should just get Wiseco or JE pistons instead. Despite being paid, I'm still on a student budget; not a tight one but if I can save a little money when I can I gonna go with that option
swerv_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #6
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,037
Total Cats: 406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
And you searched this forum using the search button an the keyword "belfab" and found nothing? I'll alert a moderator. That search button has really been acting up lately.
hmmm that's odd cuz my "alert button" seems to function like a "ban noob" button occasionally.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 04:23 PM   #7
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv_on View Post
The rods I understand to be good, but I have seen very little about the pistons. I read zx-tex's post about having one of his pistons crack which raises concerns (though it sounds like that was not due to poor quality but an outside issue). I'm just trying to figure out if I should just get Wiseco or JE pistons instead. Despite being paid, I'm still on a student budget; not a tight one but if I can save a little money when I can I gonna go with that option
I understand your concerns. In fact, I currently have Supertech pistons and rods in my engine.

If I were in your shoes though and since you still haven't purchased anything; I would buy the Wiseco pistons offered by DIY and the Supertech rods or you may also contact marc (mtuned I think) in this board. I know his company had some good rods too.
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,633
Total Cats: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
hmmm that's odd cuz my "alert button" seems to function like a "ban noob" button occasionally.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
WTB Stock NB Pistons pdexta WTB 0 09-28-2015 12:18 PM
Bp/b6 Scat H beam rods Dparks7 Miata parts for sale/trade 1 09-28-2015 10:49 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:35 AM.