Meet and Greet Say Hi. De-noob yourself.

Popping my Cherry

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 12:11 AM

Total Cats: 8
Default Popping my Cherry

Hello everyone, my name is Dan... and I am a sexaholic, alcoholic, and chronic cheater. I do drugs, pull the wings off butterfly's, spit on sidewalks and I haven't driven the speed limit in over 20yrs. Will I be accepted here? Can you love me for who I am? I got the warm fuzzies already.

Just joking, well except for the name... and speed limit thing. I've been hanging in the shadows for a while now, and thought I'd introduce my self. I sold my WRX and bought a 90 with 200K several months ago. It was really clean, with a newly rebuilt motor, receipts and all. I read, and used, the buying a used miata guide I found on either this site, or miata.net. The only thing I couldn't check was the compression, I was several hours from home and didn't have it with me. I don't think they didn't do to good of a job on the motor though, because when I got it home the compression was in the low 140's. Drove it had fun, then oil pump went out. Compresion in the # 2 cylinder went to the 120's. I bought a 94 motor with 64K, I'm going to freshen it up a little then do my 1.8 swap.

In boxes in the garage ready to install, I have ground control with Koni sports, Energy Suspension bushings, Craigslist IC, Begi S on order, Mazdaspeed injectors just back from WitchHunter rated at 321-324cc. I have already installed my HDHCDD, and Falken Azenzi wraped Team Dynamics Pro 1s.

I will be needing help with the tuning, I am thinking about having Brainiack Build me a MS (If he has the time). And I am looking for a WB O2 also.

I live In Big Bear Ca, so if anyone want's to get out of LA\OC and take a nice mountain drive to show a NOOB whats up. Your welcome anytime.

Some pic of the car as she sits now.

And a pic of my wife for Hustler

Old 09-02-2008, 05:21 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 3

Hey Dan; very good first post. Nice info and pics of your car. Let us know if we can help you with anything.

About your wife's pics; I'll let those comments for Hustler. I'm too old to know what to say without offending.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 1

How do you find the azenis handle off-roading? Clearly your suspension is setup for it ...

I'm not hustler, thank god, but I'd say I'd tap that ***. So when do we get to see real pictures of your wife?
Old 09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by jayc72

I'm not hustler, thank god, but I'd say I'd tap that ***. So when do we get to see real pictures of your wife?

lol

Dan, you've now been officially welcomed by Jay!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:29 PM

Thanks for the welcome party,

Jay, I'm hoping the ground control will help get rid of the 4x4 look, and that is my wifes projection of herself after a boob job and 2grand worth of tats.

Rafa, Where in the Caribbean are you? I used to live in the DR.
Old 09-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by dstn2bdoa
Thanks for the welcome party,

Jay, I'm hoping the ground control will help get rid of the 4x4 look, and that is my wifes projection of herself after a boob job and 2grand worth of tats.

Rafa, Where in the Caribbean are you? I used to live in the DR.
No ****! Santo Domingo is where I reside. Let me know if you ever visit us. You don't seem like the golfing type but if you need anything from these parts let me know.

Saludos,

Rafa
Old 09-03-2008, 10:21 AM
Boost Czar

Total Cats: 4,080

needs less bra.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:06 PM

Rafa, I lived in Constanza. Havn't lived there in years, would love to take the wife someday. Will let you know if we head that way.

Braineack, Yea, I know. It comes off and on more than I change my underwear. I can't decide what is worse... The Bra, or the nose faded to pink. A paint job is on the list. I'm about 2 weeks from finishing our master bed/bath remodel, then I have clearence from the wife to tackle the car.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Elite Member

I can't speak about your wife's *****, since I haven't seen them. But as a tattooed fellow I'll say your estimate of $2K is pretty low. That girl has probably between $7-10K worth of work we can see, if she paid someone good. My one sleeve took about 34 hours, that's big $$$ when paid by the hour.

Anyway, enough of that. I'd like to see a few bra-less shots myself, that way I can determine the condition of what's underneath. And maybe guide you on the correct course of action.

Jay
Old 09-03-2008, 06:23 PM
Elite Member

[QUOTE=dstn2bdoa;304140]Rafa, I lived in Constanza. Havn't lived there in years, would love to take the wife someday. Will let you know if we head that way. /QUOTE]

Now you have me curious. WTF were you doing up there? Were you in the peace corps by any chance?

You'd be surprised with the rate of development there but also with the pollution! If you ever decide to come I'll take you there myself even though I hate that road. I haven't tried it with the Miata yet but on a regular car it sure is a bitch!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:29 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by jayc72
I can't speak about your wife's *****, since I haven't seen them. But as a tattooed fellow I'll say your estimate of $2K is pretty low. That girl has probably between $7-10K worth of work we can see, if she paid someone good. My one sleeve took about 34 hours, that's big $$$ when paid by the hour.

Jay
Pics or ban!
Old 09-03-2008, 06:59 PM

Jay, Your right about the cost of tats, She has about halfway through a 2k job on her back right now, and it not near as big as the pic. I am at work till Friday. I will try to get some braless pix up then. Any advice would be appreciated.

Rafa, No I wasn't in the Peace Corps, I had some friends up there who were. They couldn't stop talking about how great it was up there, and talked me into coming down from the states. Of course they got transferred to the northern side of the island right after I got there. But I liked it so much I stayed in the mountains till I broke my shoulder mountain biking, and had to come home for surgery...Good times

I always did that road in the back of a pick up, I would think that it would be real fun in a miata. I'm bummed about the pollution and growth, I liked it up there. I would love to see the changes.

Anyway back to the car, I will be hitting it hard in several weeks, I plan on doing the swap first... iron out bugs. Install MS and Wb O2... iron out bugs, then install turbo... then, well you know. I'm not experienced enough to do it all at once, (even thought it seems like it would be easier) and be able to figure out any problems encountered. Should I do build threads for each? Or one big thread? Or just ask Questions as they come up?
Old 09-03-2008, 07:30 PM
I'm Miserable!

Total Cats: -1

tell your wife to take a bath
Old 09-05-2008, 08:06 PM

Brian, My wife took a bath last week...thank you very much. BTW is your car flat black? If so is it DIY?

Here is a pic of my wife, son and I

Name:  CIMG3880_0001.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  78.7 KB

Jay wanted some bra less pix of the car. Here ya go

And a pic of the eng prior to pulling it.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:18 PM
Elite Member

Dan, I'd like you to keep me posted on the suspension mods once you do them. I'd like to get some feedback on precisely that suspension combo. BTW, how are the roads where you live?

FWIW, I currently have the FCM Bumpstops installed (love those!), Teins (not too impressed) and all new bushings (also worth it). I had the old FM springs with Bilsteins prior to this suspension and even though I didn't like it too much I feel it was a better combo than the Teins at least for our roads.

I imagine you're going the MS route; right?
Old 09-05-2008, 09:02 PM

Total Cats: 0

your wife doesnt look like the tattoo type and our you sure thats a projection of her Ive seen that pic on other forums but the one above the skull on her throat probaly hurt like a bitch
Old 09-06-2008, 12:14 AM
Elite Member

Total Cats: -2

your motor bay is super clean. i wish mine was that good lol
Old 09-06-2008, 01:15 AM

Total Cats: -7

Jay wanted some bra less pix of the car.
Hmmm. I was pretty sure he wasn't talking about the car.

Oh yeah; and you've got to tell people to stop leaning on your headlight covers.
Old 09-06-2008, 01:30 AM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by Thucydides
Hmmm. I was pretty sure he wasn't talking about the car.
Give that man a cookie!

Nice looking car, I'd take a power buffer to that bumper. Cute kid too.
Old 09-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Elite Member

Total Cats: 6

You could eat out of that engine bay.

Just buff, wax, seal the bumper...it might look ok for about a week...they fade...bad.

On a side note, it sounds like your about done with the remodeling project, which lets face it...is always awesome. The kid is cute, the car is CLEAN and the wife is hot.

All that is left is to turbo the bitch and your life will be complete .

What spring rates did you go with on the Ground controls? Stock Konis? And I miss my azenis..great tires.

Quick Reply: Popping my Cherry