2010 SCCA Solo 1 Rules, and What they mean for Us/General Autocross Questions - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2010, 10:48 AM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

If you Nationals attendees want to have a get together this year, I live out in the country about 20 minutes north of the Nationals site. Also, if you need a shop to work on something that breaks while there, let me know. I have a decently equipped shop and a pretty good pile of Miata parts.

It appears that Nationals will not fall on the 10 days that we always go to Canada for our fishing trip, so I should be around this year.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:56 AM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,523
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewolf View Post
I would have to disagree with you and say that CSP is a much better miata class than STS.
You are right. I had "streetable" in mind when I made that statement, the top CSP cars are as streetable as a top SSM car.
webby459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:20 AM   #23
Senior Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 596
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
If you Nationals attendees want to have a get together this year, I live out in the country about 20 minutes north of the Nationals site. Also, if you need a shop to work on something that breaks while there, let me know. I have a decently equipped shop and a pretty good pile of Miata parts.

It appears that Nationals will not fall on the 10 days that we always go to Canada for our fishing trip, so I should be around this year.
Is that offer open to a miata owner competing in a SSM FD as well?
sbrian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:26 AM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (46)
 
Stein's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,812
Total Cats: 138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrian2 View Post
Is that offer open to a miata owner competing in a SSM FD as well?
Sure. When it gets closer we can have a get-together thread and I can give out my phone numbers.
Stein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:31 AM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,523
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrian2 View Post
Is that offer open to a miata owner competing in a SSM FD as well?
Only if you drive up in a Miata, traitor! j/k
BTW, I hear the NEDivs will be at FedEx field this year, with an Evo School prior. Will you be instructing/competing there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stein View Post
If you Nationals attendees want to have a get together this year, I live out in the country about 20 minutes north of the Nationals site. Also, if you need a shop to work on something that breaks while there, let me know. I have a decently equipped shop and a pretty good pile of Miata parts.

It appears that Nationals will not fall on the 10 days that we always go to Canada for our fishing trip, so I should be around this year.
I may take you up on it. Closer to Nats, especially if I plan to attend, I will post on the local meets section. Keep us in mind then.
webby459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:41 AM   #26
Senior Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 596
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by webby459 View Post
Only if you drive up in a Miata, traitor! j/k
BTW, I hear the NEDivs will be at FedEx field this year, with an Evo School prior. Will you be instructing/competing there?
The only event we may attend at FedEx is the Pro Solo, but are leaning more toward going to Lincoln instead since they are the same distance from us. If we do that we can get more seat time at the Nationals site.
sbrian2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 11:51 AM   #27
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Albany, NY
Posts: 1,523
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrian2 View Post
The only event we may attend at FedEx is the Pro Solo, but are leaning more toward going to Lincoln instead since they are the same distance from us. If we do that we can get more seat time at the Nationals site.
You'll be at the FLT though, right? This I will definitely attend, along with the Evo Advantage. I'm also doing the Evo at Devens in May. I'm planning on having a fun year!
webby459 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #28
Newb
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: San Fransisco, CA
Posts: 25
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewolf View Post
I would have to disagree with you and say that CSP is a much better miata class than STS. Miata's win CSP nationally, they tend to get beat by crx's in STS.

If you want to be competitive in SSM or XP without spending $40k, just buy the FD that came 2nd at nationals. It was forsale last week on scca forums for under $20k.
Yeah, I would buy that if oh I dunno, I had 18.5k$ sitting around. Sigh.. If only. I've always wanted an FD, but I'd have to be financially stable enough for the retarded maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Swearingen View Post
Is this the one you were thinking of? It's getting a little dated. Some rule changes have helped, but the basic foundation is still pretty strong.

SCCAForums.com - SM2 NA/NB Miata Build
Yeah, that was the one I was thinking about! Thanks. It really looks appropriate for a good competitive build.
Travisivart190 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raleigh: Fiberglass headlight scope, 1.6L ECU, AFM, Hardtop latches, more bigmackloud Miata parts for sale/trade 13 09-22-2017 01:34 PM
15x10 - 15x11 6UL @ 949 Racing emilio700 Wheels and Tires 151 06-02-2017 03:36 PM
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
New M62 Miata owner Pist0n Meet and Greet 4 10-01-2015 09:18 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:43 PM.