BEGI Fuel Distribution System - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 649
Total Cats: 211
Default BEGI Fuel Distribution System

So if a dual feed rail is twice as good, is a quad feed rail four times as good?

Just finished installing a BEGI Fuel Distribution System- Braided lines FTW because of course, racecar.

Anyway, neat piece. The injector o-rings were a nightmare to get into the injector "hats", they could add a little taper to make it easier, but otherwise well made.


Attached Thumbnails
BEGI Fuel Distribution System-image.jpg  
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 649
Total Cats: 211
Default

Attached Thumbnails
BEGI Fuel Distribution System-image.jpg  
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

very cool man! clean install! how do you like it so far???
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

So far every discussion we've had about it concluded that it was pointless and silly.

Care to share your input that might convince us otherwise? I'm just curious about the method behind this madness.

Many here, including myself, went well past 300whp on the stocker. In fact, I did it on e85 which needs moar flow. I think it was AbeFM or someone that did a test with a stocker vs dual feed and showed no difference in fuel distribution. What am I missing?
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #5
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 649
Total Cats: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
So far every discussion we've had about it concluded that it was pointless and silly.

Care to share your input that might convince us otherwise? I'm just curious about the method behind this madness.

Many here, including myself, went well past 300whp on the stocker. In fact, I did it on e85 which needs moar flow. I think it was AbeFM or someone that did a test with a stocker vs dual feed and showed no difference in fuel distribution. What am I missing?
Because Racecar.

Honestly, I won't bother trying to justify it by arguing that having individual feeds acting as an individual reservoir for each injector, with scads of happy little fuel molecules lined up and waiting to give their lives for Dyno Glory, makes any huge difference in peak performance, because lets face it, if I was only in it for Dyno Glory I wouldn't be running that cute little IHI turbo.. I've just got a thing for braided stainless lines and AN fittings. That **** gives me a stiffy.
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

lol gotcha.

I thought you were trying to achieve something with them.

Its all good.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,010
Total Cats: 583
Default

That's pretty!!
hornetball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 12:41 PM   #8
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,328
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

Not pink enough.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:00 PM   #9
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 649
Total Cats: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Not pink enough.

Lol- this is the extent to which my nickname is expressed in the cars I build... Pink has no place on a car, unless you're building a Honda for your girlfriend or something. But even that's questionable.

(True story: I recently made $5k flipping a T-bucket, and all I did to the car was repaint a bunch of the suspension arms and steering links and a few other parts from purple (purple!) to silver. Fixed a couple loose ends, gave it a proper alignment when I put the suspension back on, and out the door it went, cha-ching, $5k profit for 8 hours of work and some leftover silver paint.)

Attached Thumbnails
BEGI Fuel Distribution System-image.jpg  
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,093
Total Cats: 90
Default

Well it certainly looks cool. It also looks heavy and has a bunch of extra leak points. I also dont see how its any better than a single feed rail since its basically a single feed rail with really long injector tops.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 3,519
Total Cats: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
That **** gives me a stiffy.
good enough reason, tbh.
soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #12
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,328
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Pink has no place on a car, unless you're building a Honda for your girlfriend or something.




Attached Thumbnails
BEGI Fuel Distribution System-dsc_2257.jpg   BEGI Fuel Distribution System-active2.jpg   BEGI Fuel Distribution System-next_to_last_t460.jpg  
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #13
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Jacksonville FL
Posts: 649
Total Cats: 211
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
Well it certainly looks cool. It also looks heavy and has a bunch of extra leak points. I also dont see how its any better than a single feed rail since its basically a single feed rail with really long injector tops.
Agreed on the coolness.

Not so sure about the weight issue; the BEGI pieces are all aluminum, where the OEM rail is steel and fairly heavy itself. I'd say they weigh the same, or within a few grams.

Your point about extra leak points is valid, although properly assembled AN fittings and braided stainless hose are much less likely to leak or fail than the OEM plastic supply tube and plastic retainer clips. So yes, more possible leak points, but of a safer and more durable nature than the OEM pieces.

Given that all fuel rails originate from a single feed from the gas tank your point about it being a single feed rail with long injector tops could be used to describe just about any injector rail design; a dual feed is just a single feed once you get back to the supply line, right?

Considering the proliferation of aftermarket large-diameter dual-feed fuel rails, it's generally commonly held that the OEM rail has some deficiencies in terms of equal distribution of fuel to the injectors at the far-end of the rail. There is an entire industry devoted to cranking out dual-feed rails based on this principle. While the deficiencies may not be noticeable when feeding stock injectors at stock power levels, at *some* point that little 1/4" fuel rail just isn't going to be able to flow enough fuel. It's a finite thing, it can only flow so much. Since we really can't measure the flow to each individual injector, all we can do is try to make sure that there is more than enough fuel at each injector inlet, which the BEGI system does better than any other rail out there by having individual reservoirs (in the form of each AN hose) for each injector. Furthermore, it insulates each injector from the pressure waves and pulses that develop in a conventional rail, which *are* such a problem that Mazda adds a dampener (indeed, on the 99+ cars, two dampeners) to try to deal with the problem. With the BEGI system this pulsing problem is completely eliminated, which can't be said for any other type of rail.

Besides, did I mention that braided line and AN plumbing makes my dick hard? Like, that weird jumpy hard, not the run of the mill puffy kinda hard..
Pinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:23 AM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
soviet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: VA
Posts: 3,519
Total Cats: 260
Default

What's next? 4 throttle bodies! Hah!
soviet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 05:37 AM   #15
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,392
Total Cats: 58
Default

Beacuse Showcar seems to be a better motivation.

ITB isn't bad, if you make use of them for something else than making noise and look nice.
NiklasFalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
triple88a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 9,133
Total Cats: 599
Default

Would have ran a nice 1 sided rail and called it done. Safest and best imo. This is like running 4 1" pipes from the turbo to the throttle body.
triple88a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:14 AM   #17
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 2,640
Total Cats: 25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky View Post
Agreed on the coolness.

Not so sure about the weight issue; the BEGI pieces are all aluminum, where the OEM rail is steel and fairly heavy itself. I'd say they weigh the same, or within a few grams.

Your point about extra leak points is valid, although properly assembled AN fittings and braided stainless hose are much less likely to leak or fail than the OEM plastic supply tube and plastic retainer clips. So yes, more possible leak points, but of a safer and more durable nature than the OEM pieces.

Given that all fuel rails originate from a single feed from the gas tank your point about it being a single feed rail with long injector tops could be used to describe just about any injector rail design; a dual feed is just a single feed once you get back to the supply line, right?

Considering the proliferation of aftermarket large-diameter dual-feed fuel rails, it's generally commonly held that the OEM rail has some deficiencies in terms of equal distribution of fuel to the injectors at the far-end of the rail. There is an entire industry devoted to cranking out dual-feed rails based on this principle. While the deficiencies may not be noticeable when feeding stock injectors at stock power levels, at *some* point that little 1/4" fuel rail just isn't going to be able to flow enough fuel. It's a finite thing, it can only flow so much. Since we really can't measure the flow to each individual injector, all we can do is try to make sure that there is more than enough fuel at each injector inlet, which the BEGI system does better than any other rail out there by having individual reservoirs (in the form of each AN hose) for each injector. Furthermore, it insulates each injector from the pressure waves and pulses that develop in a conventional rail, which *are* such a problem that Mazda adds a dampener (indeed, on the 99+ cars, two dampeners) to try to deal with the problem. With the BEGI system this pulsing problem is completely eliminated, which can't be said for any other type of rail.

Besides, did I mention that braided line and AN plumbing makes my dick hard? Like, that weird jumpy hard, not the run of the mill puffy kinda hard..
But thats wrong..
nitrodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #18
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,202
Total Cats: 2,584
Default

Yep, and unless you're going for 400+ then the stocker is adequate to provide the flow needed as well.

So really your only excuse here is " AN makes my *** hard ". Nothing wrong with that. Just don't try to justify it with reason and logic because it wont work lol.

Last edited by 18psi; 06-25-2013 at 10:44 AM.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:42 AM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,119
Total Cats: 33
Default

no reason to justify... looks spaceship-cool, and pleases your *****... just as good a reason as any... lol
supercooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:41 PM   #20
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Delicious and Moist.
Posts: 26,328
Total Cats: 1,926
Default

I still say it would be fine if it were just a tad more pink.
Seriously- if I ever drop a turbocharged LS6 into a Miata, I'm going to paint it Hello Kitty pink.
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 12-15-2017 09:00 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump $50 lsc224 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 10:17 AM
Bad head gasket or ? shooterschmidty Engine Performance 8 09-30-2015 11:28 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:27 PM.