Coolant Reroute Info Wanted - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tenn
Posts: 198
Total Cats: 0
Default Coolant Reroute Info Wanted

There seems to be about 60 different ways to do this, Begi has 2 different kits, qmax has a kit, highroller has a spacer. Whats the best way? Keeping the heater.

Whats the difference in the begi kits? One is just rerouting a heater core line?

If I sign on for highrollers spacer, I still need to run the heater core line to T into the upper rad hose somewhere correct?

This is like going to the store for peanut butter, you get to the aisle and there are 120 different kinds of peanut butter, Once you decide on a brand then you have to decide if you want creamy, chunky, extra chunky, or honey roasted, or mixed with jelly already and by the time your done deciding; your not hungry anymore and have no idea what day it is or why your staring at a wall of peanut butter.
talusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:10 PM   #2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 523
Total Cats: 0
Default

Searching for the best peanut butter could be fearful, I would take the time to read all the labels and see which looks more attactive.

There aint much option for a coolant reroute, pretty much they all end up doing the same thing.. is that bring water form the back of the block and out. May be asking yourself simple question such as... Do I need Heat in the car? if not... you could simply bypass heater core, then there is no need for spacer.

I think you still have not gotten a clear idea what you are dealing with. Reading up on more post is what the doctor ordered for you.
Mimime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talusfan View Post
There seems to be about 60 different ways to do this, Begi has 2 different kits, qmax has a kit, highroller has a spacer. Whats the best way? Keeping the heater.

Whats the difference in the begi kits? One is just rerouting a heater core line?

If I sign on for highrollers spacer, I still need to run the heater core line to T into the upper rad hose somewhere correct?

This is like going to the store for peanut butter, you get to the aisle and there are 120 different kinds of peanut butter, Once you decide on a brand then you have to decide if you want creamy, chunky, extra chunky, or honey roasted, or mixed with jelly already and by the time your done deciding; your not hungry anymore and have no idea what day it is or why your staring at a wall of peanut butter.

Here's a link: http://users.pandora.be/miata/ (Frank is a forum member here) or just search for: "Beginning of my spacerless coolant reroute" by brgracing.

Hope that helps
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tenn
Posts: 198
Total Cats: 0
Default

Ok maybe a more specific question would help, Why do some route just the heater outlet to the front, and others go thru the trouble of swapping the tstat and rerouting from the rear?
talusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 11:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 523
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by talusfan View Post
Ok maybe a more specific question would help, Why do some route just the heater outlet to the front, and others go thru the trouble of swapping the tstat and rerouting from the rear?
Another question that show you have not taken the time to understand what the reroute does for you. Heater core base reroute is pretty much useless, espeically if your Tstat is located at the front, once the front Tstat opens water will wants to flow from the front then from the back which ever way is easiest.
Mimime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:47 AM   #6
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tenn
Posts: 198
Total Cats: 0
Default

If I hadn't taken the time to research it then I wouldn't be asking a specific question about why there are two different kits. Thanks for the useless input. I've searched, and read, If you don't have an answer then don't answer.
talusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 08:30 AM   #7
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 523
Total Cats: 0
Default

Sorry if that has ticked you off, but seem you have asked why some heater route back to the from Radiator hose instead of back to the mixing manifold (ex: earlier Begi reroute). May be starting from Coolant Reroute 101 is a better page to explain to you.....................

PPL has been doing reroute is to get an even run of water from front to the rear... and if you are spending the money and time doing a reroute looking for good results, then the solution for the heater core reroute is not as effective as putting Tstat on the back.

QMAX offer a complete kit, that is the easiest since all the components are there. Highroller spacer is economical. Both has heater in play, and both has Tstat located back the back.

I wonder why there ain anyone else kind enough to chime in? hmmmmm......
Mimime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 10:15 AM   #8
Guest
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Vaughan, On, Canada
Posts: 1,092
Total Cats: 0
Default

I just heard that the MTuned/ETD kit will be ready in 2 weeks. Keeping my fingers crossed!
M-Tuned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:33 PM   #9
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mid Tenn
Posts: 198
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimime View Post

PPL has been doing reroute is to get an even run of water from front to the rear... and if you are spending the money and time doing a reroute looking for good results, then the solution for the heater core reroute is not as effective as putting Tstat on the back.

QMAX offer a complete kit, that is the easiest since all the components are there. Highroller spacer is economical. Both has heater in play, and both has Tstat located back the back.

I wonder why there ain anyone else kind enough to chime in? hmmmmm......
Thank you, that offers a better answer to my question. I've looked at the qmax kit, 299 seems a bit high though. 199 sounds alot better. I guess i'll wait a bit to see about the etd one if they get it done anytime soon.
talusfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #10
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 523
Total Cats: 0
Default

check my coolant reroute if u want simple and cheap.
Mimime is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 58 Yesterday 10:04 PM
WTB MP62 (Hotside) (NB2) Rick02R WTB 3 01-03-2016 08:18 PM
ISO 1.6 turbo cast iron manifold cale saurage DIY Turbo Discussion 16 10-01-2015 12:25 PM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
WTB 90-97 miata low profile headlight kit DonPlatt WTB 0 09-25-2015 03:57 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:48 AM.