hesitation/stumble *pics - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #21
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,662
Total Cats: 1,560
Default

Vacuum leaks hiss and stumble...
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 12:36 AM   #22
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Cackalackey
Posts: 716
Total Cats: 2
Default

change the o rings around the injectors asap and than report back.
musanovic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:38 PM   #23
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 398
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musanovic View Post
change the o rings around the injectors asap and than report back.
haha, a 3 week wait, but im back on the net ;p


I went and resplaced all the O-rings on the injectors, and I get no stumble/bogging under boost anymore. My VAC is still at ~9hg, so I went and ordered an intercooler, and some piping, along with couplers and t bolt ****.

Well, I got everything installed, cleaned out any parts I re-used (BOV is questionable, many miles on it and I think it may be leaking) and bolted it all down, and took it for a test run.

Now I get a horrible whistle in boost, and it has issues holding boost... AKA Boost leak ?

I'm thinking it's this BOV, but I went and taped up the VTA/Recirc Port, and I've still got the horrid whistle ;p Is it the vac line-bov that would be leaking?

Guess I'm going to make a pass over EVERY vacuum line/charge pipe.
gompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #24
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gompers View Post
haha, a 3 week wait, but im back on the net ;p


I went and resplaced all the O-rings on the injectors, and I get no stumble/bogging under boost anymore. My VAC is still at ~9hg, so I went and ordered an intercooler, and some piping, along with couplers and t bolt ****.

Well, I got everything installed, cleaned out any parts I re-used (BOV is questionable, many miles on it and I think it may be leaking) and bolted it all down, and took it for a test run.

Now I get a horrible whistle in boost, and it has issues holding boost... AKA Boost leak ?

I'm thinking it's this BOV, but I went and taped up the VTA/Recirc Port, and I've still got the horrid whistle ;p Is it the vac line-bov that would be leaking?

Guess I'm going to make a pass over EVERY vacuum line/charge pipe.
Orings fixed ur Originall issue the bov is the source of your other issue probly or your IC piping etc. Is the bov closed fully when u have it sitting on the shelf? if it is just dont hook the vac line to it and it should stay closed leaving that out of your leak equation.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 01:52 PM   #25
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 398
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnamx-5 View Post
Orings fixed ur Originall issue the bov is the source of your other issue probly or your IC piping etc. Is the bov closed fully when u have it sitting on the shelf? if it is just dont hook the vac line to it and it should stay closed leaving that out of your leak equation.
Yeah, the O-Rings (particularly the seal at the head and injectors) fixed the original bull.

I did what you suggested, pulling the line from my BOV and capping that line end, and what do you know ;p The Gauge displayed ~20hg VAC

The whistle has changed . It has now dissapeared, but the leak hasnt. No worries, I believe I've found the source, though. Ty for the help, will post back if I 'eff up.

Last edited by gompers; 03-02-2009 at 10:37 AM.
gompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 08:08 PM   #26
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gainesville, FL
Posts: 77
Total Cats: -2
Default

- Edit ** Sorry, didn't move on to the next page before I posted. I'm getting these injectors myself, I hope I don't cross the same issue over the weekend.
Turbobarber is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Tags
bogging, hesitation, stumble

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:41 PM.