MS and 3in Exaust. - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2008, 11:15 AM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default MS and 3in Exaust.

I started tuning my MSpnp Fri. And I swapped my 2 1/2" exaust to the automatic miata, and Had 3" put on my soon to be turbo'ed miata.

My auto will now squeel around corners. Major inmprovement. The new exaust on my 5-speed will definately be motivation for the turbo. I need it to muffle. LOL. I am going to put a resonator in it.

The guy I bought the 90 from had cut the muffler off with a jig saw and was in need of a muffler. He had a 3" straight through muffler He gave me. But the car had no back pressure, So I figured it was a good time to upgrade the automatic i daily drive.

So I just poped off about 3" on mine to the muffler guy. And he said he would swap my 5-speed exaust to the auto, and the auto's muffler to the 90, and put 3" on mine for all for $160. I was like SWEET------>!
The 2 bends on the 3" are only like 45 degree's a piece, minimum crimping. Then going to a straight through muffler. I'm sure it wll flow as much or more than the mandrenal bent 2 1/2' I had.

I just need to Pop in the RC550cc's, some tuning and bolt up the turbo.
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 11:56 AM   #2
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

you need to let me borrow a cherry picker.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:21 PM   #3
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

The guy I was going to borrow one from loaned his out. I think he may of pawned it. I haven't seen it in a while.
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:32 PM   #4
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddcod View Post
The guy I was going to borrow one from loaned his out. I think he may of pawned it. I haven't seen it in a while.
what an *******. Lets kill him and make chili.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:44 PM   #5
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

So wait you have the 3in on BEFORE putting the turbo in? Jesh thats gotta be loud. If so the turbo is gonna quiet it down A LOT.
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 12:46 PM   #6
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

Right.

I need to raise my second motor up and see if it has had any internal work. It was pre turbo'd by a drag guy. If it has rods and pistons I need to throw in some rings and swap it into my car. But If it is stock. I'm just going to use the motor in the car. But I guess I won't know till we come up with one. I need a motor stand too.
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:01 PM   #7
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naarleven View Post
So wait you have the 3in on BEFORE putting the turbo in? Jesh thats gotta be loud. If so the turbo is gonna quiet it down A LOT.
Yea, I'm plaining on having the turbo in soon. I'm just trying to get a feel for MS and it will be on.
There isn't a cat either. Ya, the rice is flying nicely out the muffler.. I got to avoid police.
And they are EVERYWHERE this week. I got a seat belt ticket yesterday. And then we got pulled over on the way to the muffler shop due to cop being a dick. He seen the bill of sale in the window!

A dude with no shirt, chaps and a bandana can drive a Hardley without a helmet. But I am in danger in a 5000 Lbs Chevy truck with STEEL BUMPERS.
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #8
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddcod View Post
Yea, I'm plaining on having the turbo in soon. I'm just trying to get a feel for MS and it will be on.
There isn't a cat either. Ya, the rice is flying nicely out the muffler.. I got to avoid police.
And they are EVERYWHERE this week. I got a seat belt ticket yesterday. And then we got pulled over on the way to the muffler shop due to cop being a dick. He seen the bill of sale in the window!

A dude with no shirt, chaps and a bandana can drive a Hardley without a helmet. But I am in danger in a 5000 Lbs Chevy truck with STEEL BUMPERS.
So it goes.

I know about avoiding cops pretty well, I had a 3" catless on my last car. Which was a N/A RX8.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jVKMpWT5djI

Thats with silencers :(
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:26 PM   #9
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I wish rx8's had a decent motor in them.

Why the **** are you driving around without a seatbelt when you work at a hospital...lol.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #10
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Posts: 1,378
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I wish rx8's had a decent motor in them.

Why the **** are you driving around without a seatbelt when you work at a hospital...lol.
It really isnt a bad motor. Like really. Its like a hot ***, high maitenence blonde.


He doesnt wear a seatbelt BECAUSE hes already heading to the hospital
naarleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by naarleven View Post
It really isnt a bad motor. Like really. Its like a hot ***, high maitenence blonde.


He doesnt wear a seatbelt BECAUSE hes already heading to the hospital
rotary garbage is unreliable and inefficient. Its 2008, time to get real.


& lol about the hospital.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:43 PM   #12
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I wish rx8's had a decent motor in them.

Why the **** are you driving around without a seatbelt when you work at a hospital...lol.
I'm originally from Arkansas. LOL: Is that deal you have going from Alamoautosports? Or a different place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by naarleven View Post
So it goes.

I know about avoiding cops pretty well, I had a 3" catless on my last car. Which was a N/A RX8.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jVKMpWT5djI

Thats with silencers :(
Yea thats LOUD. Is that straight motor or do you have a turbo on it?
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 01:49 PM   #13
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddcod View Post
I'm originally from Arkansas. LOL: Is that deal you have going from Alamoautosports? Or a different place?
I was talking to Nathan about working a deal with Bryce to tune it, which sounds great and all, at a great price, and bryce does great tuning. However I found a guy in garland who is going to charge me the same or less, and I get to essentially let him tell me what to do and work the software, so I learn to how to tune...and the shop in Garland has eddy control so we can hit each load cell, rather than ballpark it. I bet I'll be able to get my car tuned in like 2 hours up to 301whp.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #14
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

He doesnt wear a seatbelt BECAUSE hes already heading to the hospital [/QUOTE]

:bowr ofl:
That was good.

Why can't the little pony speak?
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
Cause he's a little horse!
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #15
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I was talking to Nathan about working a deal with Bryce to tune it, which sounds great and all, at a great price, and bryce does great tuning. However I found a guy in garland who is going to charge me the same or less, and I get to essentially let him tell me what to do and work the software, so I learn to how to tune...and the shop in Garland has eddy control so we can hit each load cell, rather than ballpark it. I bet I'll be able to get my car tuned in like 2 hours up to 301whp.
Sweet. It sounds like yours is comming together quickly too. I think that is a good ideal. That way if something happened you could straighten it out instead of taking it to the shop everytime.

I have been tuning using real time and AFR's. I'm going to try and use VE VX VXM whatever it is called, so I can set it to run off AFR's and see how well it works.
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:07 PM   #16
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

just run a ******* datalog and use megalog viewers **** to tune, its much easier. Call me and I'll show you how to use it this weekend. I'll be in Irving either day putting my intercooler in.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #17
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
just run a ******* datalog and use megalog viewers **** to tune, its much easier. Call me and I'll show you how to use it this weekend. I'll be in Irving either day putting my intercooler in.
Cool. I clicked on datalog recorder. I don't think I saved any of it though.

Everything works fine around town and flat on the floor. But I have to turn the AC off at red lights. It trys to stall out. I think it does that since I forgot to lower the rpms settings to 500. Lol. They are curently set at 800.

Sounds cool. I hope I can get some free time. I've been ***** sweaty to the wall. LOL
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VE analyze and Autotune seems funny (noob) TorqueZombie MEGAsquirt 64 09-18-2015 06:03 PM
Douginjenison's portable big black play toy douginjenison Build Threads 19 08-15-2015 11:08 AM
2.5in or 3in Exhaust gr4v3r WTB 7 11-11-2014 06:10 PM
DIY coldside intake nolanmx5 Engine Performance 8 05-22-2012 12:49 PM
3In exhaust with Magnaflow 22' muffler, Sound quality/DB level? chance91 DIY Turbo Discussion 15 02-03-2011 12:14 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:31 AM.