Third (3rd) brake light wont come out - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2009, 12:44 AM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 963
Total Cats: -1
Default Third (3rd) brake light wont come out

I got a problem i am trying to prime my trunk lid but my 3rd brake light cover does not want to come out. All the gust came out but the red piece is stuck. I tried to hammer it out with a rubber hammer but it does not want to come out. Is there a trick to get it out or its just stuck?


I searched but could not find anything on this topic.
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #2
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

I just taped over mine and it worked fine.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:01 AM   #3
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 963
Total Cats: -1
Default

yeah, i was hammering it pretty hard and it just dose not want to come out. I will try again.
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #4
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 176
Total Cats: 0
Default

it's stuck. use a flathead screwdriver and ply it out.
x8mrxjohn8x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:02 AM   #5
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 963
Total Cats: -1
Default

Pry it from inside the lid or out side the lid?
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Augustine FL
Posts: 2,310
Total Cats: 2
Default

you did take the two friggin screws on the inside out right? that's the only thing that would stop it from coming out seriously!!!...... POINTLESS THREAD!! Your asking retarded questions, let me ask you this, do you own a hanes manual for your car? If not GET one and save our bandwith for some of hustlers useless ****, At least that **** is funny.
p51hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:18 AM   #7
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 963
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p51hellfire View Post
you did take the two friggin screws on the inside out right? that's the only thing that would stop it from coming out seriously!!!...... POINTLESS THREAD!! Your asking retarded questions, let me ask you this, do you own a hanes manual for your car? If not GET one and save our bandwith for some of hustlers useless ****, At least that **** is funny.
Chill out.

I did take two screws that hold the light housing. The only thing that is attached to the trunk lid is the red plastic.
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:22 AM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Augustine FL
Posts: 2,310
Total Cats: 2
Default

GRR, so just the plastic red part? the other grey piece broke off? if so you need a new one now.... but seriously it isn't hard...
p51hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:25 AM   #9
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 963
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p51hellfire View Post
GRR, so just the plastic red part? the other grey piece broke off? if so you need a new one now.... but seriously it isn't hard...
The plastic grey piece came right out. Its two pieces grey and the red piece. The question i have is the red piece connected in anyway to the trunk lid or its just sitting on the gasket? If its not connected i am just going to keep tapping it out of the trunk lid.
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:29 AM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin View Post
The plastic grey piece came right out. Its two pieces grey and the red piece. The question i have is the red piece connected in anyway to the trunk lid or its just sitting on the gasket? If its not connected i am just going to keep tapping it out of the trunk lid.
Take a picture, the couple times I've taken out the 3rd BL I do believe it all came out in one piece and only two 10mm nuts (I think, it's been a while) were holding the entire assembly in.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #11
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 963
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
Take a picture, the couple times I've taken out the 3rd BL I do believe it all came out in one piece and only two 10mm nuts (I think, it's been a while) were holding the entire assembly in.
I can see that the red part has clips to hold on to the grey part. Something tells me its just caked to the lid.
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin View Post
I can see that the red part has clips to hold on to the grey part. Something tells me its just caked to the lid.
Smack that bitch with a rubber mallet then, you do know which way it comes out (if it was on the car it would fall into the trunk not out onto the ground) right?
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:48 AM   #13
Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: St. Augustine FL
Posts: 2,310
Total Cats: 2
Default

^ yea beat the **** out of it!! sounds like you'll be needing another one talk to lev he may have another
p51hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:50 PM   #14
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 963
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p51hellfire View Post
^ yea beat the **** out of it!! sounds like you'll be needing another one talk to lev he may have another
Yeah i am going to beat it out of there. Who is lev?
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushin View Post
Yeah i am going to beat it out of there. Who is lev?
422 post and no knowledge of levnubin? i'm in germany at 12 o'clock on a friday night ******* plastered and know who he is...fuuuuuuuuuuuuck me running dude...i need to get back to oktoberfest for realllzziz.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:00 PM   #16
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 963
Total Cats: -1
Default

I hammered it out. And id not break the light itself. I guess it was never removed before so the gasket totally caked into the metal.
Rushin is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
(Noob). Does MS3 use CEL? TheNomad MEGAsquirt 6 10-01-2015 11:47 AM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM
Another Alternator thread ihiryu General Miata Chat 9 09-28-2015 11:22 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:14 PM.