What to do next? 94 turbo - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


General Miata Chat A place to talk about anything Miata

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #21
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Azusa, CA
Posts: 1,376
Total Cats: 80
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
And while you're at it, if you have any skin left on your knuckles from removing the coils + installing the reroute, you may as well do a COP setup. By then you'll be begging someone to sell you one.
I hate that 3rd lower bolt on the coils. It's such overkill. I was luck enough to have the engine out when I installed me reroute and pulled that lower coil bolt while I was at it so now coil removal is a breeze with just the two top bolts.
cyotani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:42 PM   #22
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 4
Default

this is all scaring me lol, may need to pay someone
gr4v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2015, 05:48 PM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
bahurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,132
Total Cats: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v3r View Post
this is all scaring me lol, may need to pay someone
Actually the reroute is pretty easy once you have all the parts handy. Don't forget the Kia neck + the longer bolts. The Escalade/Suburban hose pretty much puts the outlet in the right spot and you cut a few inches of it.

That linked spacer is sooo much better than the BEGI spacer...
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:06 PM   #24
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 4
Default

All parts ordered from the reroute list. What other odds and ends should I get to make sure I can get it done in 1 go?
gr4v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:07 PM   #25
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 56
Total Cats: 8
Default

ditch the cat - cheap, ridiculously more spool and it'll allow you to run more ignition timing too meaning more top end power.

Either that or take your cat off - knock it out and put it back on. Cheap and easy.
ardler_dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:42 PM   #26
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
Actually the reroute is pretty easy once you have all the parts handy. Don't forget the Kia neck + the longer bolts. The Escalade/Suburban hose pretty much puts the outlet in the right spot and you cut a few inches of it.

That linked spacer is sooo much better than the BEGI spacer...
whats the kia neck and longer bolts? those werent in the parts list
gr4v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 07:50 PM   #27
Senior Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Azusa, CA
Posts: 1,376
Total Cats: 80
Default

From the skou's cnc adapter post

Quote:
The coolant spacer is CNC machined from 6061 aluminum billet. It includes a 3/8”-18 NPT port for the heater barb, an M12 x 1.5 port for the stock temperature sensor and a 1/8”-27 NPT port for an extra sensor. The orientation of the ports is suitable for use on a 1.8L head. The bolt holes are not slotted and will provide full contact support for the thermostat cover. The bolt hole spacing is the same as for the stock thermostat cover as well as the Kia Sephia/Spectra thermostat cover (Kia part number 0K247-15172A).
cyotani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 08:38 PM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
bahurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,132
Total Cats: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v3r View Post

whats the kia neck and longer bolts? those werent in the parts list
You can order the Kia neck from Begi. I forget the bolt length and size but I'm sure if you dig through the thread it's mentioned.
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:10 AM   #29
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 4
Default

Something I forgot to bring up. When I was in STR I was running 15x8 with 205 bfg rivals. Am I going to be all over the place with that size tire or should I be fine until I gain some more skill.
gr4v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 11:32 AM   #30
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
bahurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,132
Total Cats: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v3r View Post
Something I forgot to bring up. When I was in STR I was running 15x8 with 205 bfg rivals. Am I going to be all over the place with that size tire or should I be fine until I gain some more skill.
I guess it depends on how serious you are about it. The car is going to be in a much higher class.

If you only run a couple times a year I'd learn how the car drives on what you have now. Others will say go big.

In autox bigger = better.
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:24 PM   #31
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 154
Total Cats: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
I guess it depends on how serious you are about it. The car is going to be in a much higher class.

If you only run a couple times a year I'd learn how the car drives on what you have now. Others will say go big.

In autox bigger = better.
I like competition but am a beginner. I attended every event last year and plan to do the same again this year. My concern isnt winning (I dont have the skill) it is more about having a good time and if I am losing control because the tire grip isnt on par with the power bump I wont be having fun. If a 205 bfg rival on an 15x8 with 227wtq is a decent setup for a beginner then I am happy to keep it.
gr4v3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 12:45 PM   #32
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
bahurd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,132
Total Cats: 145
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr4v3r View Post
I like competition but am a beginner. I attended every event last year and plan to do the same again this year. My concern isnt winning (I dont have the skill) it is more about having a good time and if I am losing control because the tire grip isnt on par with the power bump I wont be having fun. If a 205 bfg rival on an 15x8 with 227wtq is a decent setup for a beginner then I am happy to keep it.
I guess Leafy would be the one to comment. He has a lot of autox experience in the class you'd likely be placed into. Possibly you can read through his thread. https://www.miataturbo.net/build-thr...chedule-67828/
bahurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 03:53 PM   #33
Junior Member
iTrader: (42)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Meridian, ID
Posts: 280
Total Cats: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahurd View Post
You can order the Kia neck from Begi. I forget the bolt length and size but I'm sure if you dig through the thread it's mentioned.
M8 x 1.25 x 50 and M8 x 1.25 x 75 flange bolts or socket head cap screws. M8 flat washers if you use socket head cap screws.
skou is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 59 Yesterday 09:00 PM
WTB MP62 (Hotside) (NB2) Rick02R WTB 3 01-03-2016 08:18 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
ISO 1.6 turbo cast iron manifold cale saurage DIY Turbo Discussion 16 10-01-2015 12:25 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:53 PM.