EBAY can suck a big bag of d1cks - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2012, 03:04 PM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,575
Total Cats: 11
Default EBAY can suck a big bag of d1cks

So my account was suspended today, and I called them three times about it and all three times they actually hung up on me (and yes, I was very nice to all three of them). The first two they wouldn't even tell me why it was suspended, the third said supposedly an account my brother was using was linked to me and something he sold could not be verified by ebay or some ----. So I guess they see me as a risk now, and my account is suspended indefinably.

I asked to speak to the supervisor, and they literally just say no and hang up.

This ---- doesn't make sense. I have over 100 feedback, all positive, and spent almost 4k on ebay.

They said I can't make a new account because it violates some ----, but ---- it ill try anyway.

THE FUCKKKKK EBAYYYY

/rant
cardriverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:31 PM   #3
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Hermosa Beach, CA
Posts: 2,575
Total Cats: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
I got an email, I called them, and they literally said I am forever banned from ebay. It has nothing to do with outstanding payments or any of that crap, they wouldn't give me any real specifics. Which is really damn annoying.
cardriverx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

I'm moving towards killing my ebay account. I'm never using ebay again. I've had nothing but problems. They are ----.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:45 PM   #5
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
samnavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
Posts: 6,020
Total Cats: 175
Default

I haven't used eBay in a few years. I might go there to do some homework, but almost everybody who sells there is more than happy to do a transaction outside of the system if you just call or email.

You can sell anything on Craigslist given enough time. People who run legit businesses through eBay are the ones really getting the shaft when they shitcan good buyers like this thread talks about.

And we all know how easily it is to screw over someone or get completely screwed over yourself through Paypal... the whole eBay/Paypal thing is past it's prime.

I've recently fell in love with Money Orders. It's funny that I told a few of my buddies that I've bought few guns recently online by sending postal money orders... and they said... "Huh, I've never done that, how does it work?" I love leaving the entire banking/credit institution out of the loop.
samnavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
blaen99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 4,112
Total Cats: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
I haven't used eBay in a few years. I might go there to do some homework, but almost everybody who sells there is more than happy to do a transaction outside of the system if you just call or email.

You can sell anything on Craigslist given enough time. People who run legit businesses through eBay are the ones really getting the shaft when they shitcan good buyers like this thread talks about.

And we all know how easily it is to screw over someone or get completely screwed over yourself through Paypal... the whole eBay/Paypal thing is past it's prime.

I've recently fell in love with Money Orders. It's funny that I told a few of my buddies that I've bought few guns recently online by sending postal money orders... and they said... "Huh, I've never done that, how does it work?" I love leaving the entire banking/credit institution out of the loop.
Not to mention that, as a bonus, they commit wire fraud if you do that via mail and try to scam you.
blaen99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #7
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardriverx View Post
So my account was suspended today, and I called them three times about it and all three times they actually hung up on me (and yes, I was very nice to all three of them). The first two they wouldn't even tell me why it was suspended, the third said supposedly an account my brother was using was linked to me and something he sold could not be verified by ebay or some ----. So I guess they see me as a risk now, and my account is suspended indefinably.

I asked to speak to the supervisor, and they literally just say no and hang up.

This ---- doesn't make sense. I have over 100 feedback, all positive, and spent almost 4k on ebay.

They said I can't make a new account because it violates some ----, but ---- it ill try anyway.

THE FUCKKKKK EBAYYYY

/rant
Sorry to hear this man. eBay can be hard on good people sometimes and let the loser shitbags slip by and keep their accounts.

If there was an ip conflict between 2 accounts on the same item, that's an automatic red flag. Sounds like that's what happened I'm guessing. I had it happen to me before once as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
I'm moving towards killing my ebay account. I'm never using ebay again. I've had nothing but problems. They are ----.
Quote:
Originally Posted by samnavy View Post
I haven't used eBay in a few years. I might go there to do some homework, but almost everybody who sells there is more than happy to do a transaction outside of the system if you just call or email.

You can sell anything on Craigslist given enough time. People who run legit businesses through eBay are the ones really getting the shaft when they shitcan good buyers like this thread talks about.

And we all know how easily it is to screw over someone or get completely screwed over yourself through Paypal... the whole eBay/Paypal thing is past it's prime.

I've recently fell in love with Money Orders. It's funny that I told a few of my buddies that I've bought few guns recently online by sending postal money orders... and they said... "Huh, I've never done that, how does it work?" I love leaving the entire banking/credit institution out of the loop.
To be honest, eBay could care less. Which sucks yes, but will it hurt them overall? Nope.

I had to call eBay the other day cause I was pissed about the new top rated seller standards they are imposing on us sellers (only items with 1 day handling and a 14 day money back return qualify for 20% final value fee discount). While on the phone with the rep he said in that exact moment there was 1.8 million active users on eBay, majority of them being buyers.

Anyone that sells and doesn't use PayPal is only hurting themselves. The 3% fee to use it is so minor it shouldn't even be mentioned. Its part of doing business. PayPal is SO much faster than any traditional method and they've always been there for me when I had any issues. Sometimes you have to fight it, but some people just fight better than others. I never give up.

Not trying to be an eBay/PayPal promoter or anything like that, but I just like sharing my experience with them when I have the opportunity to. It gets harder and harder to sell every year, but compared to manual labor its nothing to cry about. I love selling on eBay and I wish everyone could do well on there as well. Thus why I try to offer advice or help when I can.

If you don't give up you'll get it straightened out eventually. If you say "---- it" and never go back, your the only one it affects.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:26 PM   #8
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago (Over two miles from Wrigley Field. Fuck the Cubs. Fuck them in their smarmy goat-hole.)
Posts: 26,315
Total Cats: 1,913
Default

That is an extremely cogent, rational, and well-reasoned perspective.

Who are you, and what have you done to Vash?
Joe Perez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (10)
 
Reverant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 5,440
Total Cats: 198
Default

Regarding the OP's problem, the eBay faq for banned accounts says:

Quote:
Can I or a family member open a new account while my account is suspended?

No, you can't register a new account or use an existing account while your account is suspended. We may also suspend new or existing accounts that were opened by anyone in the same household as, or associated with, a suspended user.
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
If you say "---- it" and never go back, your the only one it affects.
It will affect me in a good way. Because I don't feel like dealing with all it's BS. So looks like it's a win for everyone. It's when companies start to think they are "too big to fail" hehehe, that they eventually ---- themselves. Oh we can lose users cause we have x many people still using it. That only works for so long.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NEPA
Posts: 15
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
It will affect me in a good way. Because I don't feel like dealing with all it's BS. So looks like it's a win for everyone. It's when companies start to think they are "too big to fail" hehehe, that they eventually ---- themselves. Oh we can lose users cause we have x many people still using it. That only works for so long.
Speaking of f***ing over a loyal client base, I was on netflix earlier and... oh wait, that's off topic.

It's a shame to see this happening to ebay. I've bought and sold quite a bit on there, and never had any problems, but I know of other "power users" that have gotten the shaft, so it seems like a mixed bag. Good luck getting it sorted...
docrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 07:16 PM   #12
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5
Total Cats: 0
Default

Ebay's still around? Stopped using that cesspool years ago and never looked back.
Cedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
That is an extremely cogent, rational, and well-reasoned perspective.

Who are you, and what have you done to Vash?
lol

Sorry Joe, when it comes to eBay I'm usually a bit of a different person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
It will affect me in a good way. Because I don't feel like dealing with all it's BS. So looks like it's a win for everyone. It's when companies start to think they are "too big to fail" hehehe, that they eventually ---- themselves. Oh we can lose users cause we have x many people still using it. That only works for so long.
I understand, but I don't expect eBay to be going anywhere soon. They're the #2 domain right under google.

I'm actually on the phone with eBay now as we speak. I had a guy interested in this Variax Guitar I have listed and he asked me why there was a duplicate listing. After some searching around I found a scumbag in FL that used my SAME EXACT description for his ------- listing! He even used my text color and everything. Word for word straight copied my listing.

So, now I'll get his pulled and hopefully get his account suspended. I don't appreciate people doing it but I would never have caught him if the other guy didnt give me a heads up so I was sure to thank him. Then he bought my guitar, even though the other guy has his listed for cheaper.

Sometimes people are willing to spend the extra coin to buy from the better seller. Guitar cost him $550, but the shipping was going to be over $1000 to send it to New Zealand. We worked it out and he's going to pay me for it now and in April when he's in San Diego I'll be shipping it to him there to save him $800 i shipping costs. See if the other guy would do all that.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:23 PM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

I just sent this. I'm so over the site and the hordes of retards who plague it now.

Attached Thumbnails
EBAY can suck a big bag of d1cks-fannypack_.jpg  
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #15
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

^^^^

Keep in mind, like I told you pushy, the cheaper the item the more likely you'll receive a complaint.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
^^^^

Keep in mind, like I told you pushy, the cheaper the item the more likely you'll receive a complaint.
I really hope he accidentally shoots himself.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #17
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Fraser Valley, British Columbia
Posts: 2,502
Total Cats: 13
Default

Pusha. The Fanny Pack Man.
falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:02 AM   #18
DXO
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kannapolis, NC
Posts: 229
Total Cats: 1
Default

Something like this happened to a friend of mine that runs a very successful electronics recycling business. He had a small group of employees that would list and sell good used electronics. One of these employees got into some ---- with some stolen stuff that they were selling it on ebay and they logged into ebay from work and the business account and the jackasses ebay account were then linked forever...

The business was a top rated seller and moved about $15,000 a month in goods and had a great feedback rating. Ebay doesn't care no matter how big you are.
DXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:00 AM   #19
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
lol

I understand, but I don't expect eBay to be going anywhere soon. They're the #2 domain right under google.
I'm still never using it again. Don't really care if they go somewhere or not, as it no longer matters to me.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Raleigh: Fiberglass headlight scope, 1.6L ECU, AFM, Hardtop latches, more bigmackloud Miata parts for sale/trade 13 09-22-2017 01:34 PM
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
"Chimney Ethanol" E100 MiataGarage Engine Performance 5 09-30-2015 12:04 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 PM.