Fin Whale In Cork, Ireland. - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-16-2012, 12:31 PM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 534
Total Cats: 0
Default Fin Whale In Cork, Ireland.

The Irish 'National Parks and Wildlife Service' decided to "allow the whale to die naturally and hopefully quickly".
The whale died today at 11am after TWO DAYS of slashing itself up on the rocks in the Harbour



I DO NOT agree with the NPWS decision !!
Fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

welcome to Ireland, the same country where you can get corn on a pizza
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 534
Total Cats: 0
Default

Fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 417
Total Cats: 53
Default

I suspect they let it die on it's own because there really isn't a way to kill them fast without just blowing them up. And I'm pretty sure that they would rather let the thing die, than having huge groups of people watch as they shoot it and then let it bleed out. There is no way to kill a whale in a humane way, so it was better not to touch it.
G3ML1NGZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3ML1NGZ View Post
I suspect they let it die on it's own because there really isn't a way to kill them fast without just blowing them up. And I'm pretty sure that they would rather let the thing die, than having huge groups of people watch as they shoot it and then let it bleed out. There is no way to kill a whale in a humane way, so it was better not to touch it.
Bucket of cyanide?
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:16 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Stop posting these fuckibg videos
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 534
Total Cats: 0
Default

They use a drug on beached whales in Northern Ireland but that drug is not allowed in Ireland.

No more videos will be posted !

Looks like two days of emails made a difference
This will never ever happen again in Ireland...

Shooting mooted for stranded whales - Yahoo! News UK
Fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:02 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

how about you focus on bringing prosperity back to your beshitted country? you have bigger problems than whales getting stuck on some rocks.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:24 PM   #9
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 465
Total Cats: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
how about you focus on bringing prosperity back to your beshitted country? you have bigger problems than whales getting stuck on some rocks.
This could get ugly....

The whale came in to die.. nature ran its course.

Pusha the irish government are trying with the household tax
rhysmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:42 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmate View Post
This could get ugly....

The whale came in to die.. nature ran its course.

Pusha the irish government are trying with the household tax
I know the whale came in to die, I want the whale to die if it wants to die, I don't want people to try to save it like dumbasses. I don't want to see videos of the whale dying though.

I was unlucky enough to be in Ireland when Cowen was running the Celtic Tiger into the ground.

I'm rather glad I didn't follow through on Irish citizenship. Supermac's is shitty.

Oh, have you ever been to Den Joe's in Killarney? I remember watching some fat Norwegian chick DEVOUR a box of fried chicken there.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:49 PM   #11
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 465
Total Cats: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
I know the whale came in to die, I want the whale to die if it wants to die, I don't want people to try to save it like dumbasses. I don't want to see videos of the whale dying though.

I was unlucky enough to be in Ireland when Cowen was running the Celtic Tiger into the ground.

I'm rather glad I didn't follow through on Irish citizenship. Supermac's is shitty.

Oh, have you ever been to Den Joe's in Killarney? I remember watching some fat Norwegian chick DEVOUR a box of fried chicken there.
Well hundreds of people wanted to see it, they flocked to Baltimore to watch it.. took videos, even took they're children.. I agree that they should a put it down, but people shouldn't give out then go and film it with they're phones and put it on YouTube..

Ireland is fine...we just need all you foreigners to spend your cash here

Never man!,
rhysmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:54 PM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Please go to the local fried chicken takeaway chipper and if they have the "southern fried chicken" box with th confederate flag, I'll PayPal you cash money for some unused boxes
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #13
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 465
Total Cats: 16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusha View Post
Please go to the local fried chicken takeaway chipper and if they have the "southern fried chicken" box with th confederate flag, I'll PayPal you cash money for some unused boxes

Email me with your request and possibly a picture of what you want.. I can get you a snack box box... email is rhyswalter12 and it a Gmail address.. I don't wanna be jacking fergus' thread.. sorry Fergus lad
rhysmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:03 PM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Carrickfergus
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:22 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhysmate View Post
Email me with your request and possibly a picture of what you want.. I can get you a snack box box... email is rhyswalter12 and it a Gmail address.. I don't wanna be jacking fergus' thread.. sorry Fergus lad
when I lived in Dublin, this place:

Favourite Fried Chicken, Dublin 8 Takeaway | Just-Eat.ie

had these boxes:
Attached Thumbnails
Fin Whale In Cork, Ireland.-img_20110720_221154.jpg  
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 07:23 PM   #16
Free Moustache Rides
iTrader: (8)
 
matthewdesigns's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 1,656
Total Cats: 49
Default

matthewdesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 08:25 PM   #17
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 534
Total Cats: 0
Default

Right guys, your all missing the point of what I posted up and your all posting up your own links to shlt now etc

I originally posted this up here (and in an Irish Miata/Mx5 forum & UK Miata/Mx5 forum, FaceBook, UTube bla bla bla) in order to FORCE A CHANGE here in Ireland about this whales situation and it's taken me over two days with little sleep and I got it done in the end. That poor whales suffering should have been ended but they decided on taking action far far to late

But this will Never Ever happen again here in Ireland and THAT IS WHAT I WANTED AFTER THEY LET IT DIE THIS WAY !

Thanks go out to you all here in MiataTurbo for being a part of making this change happen here in Ireland -> One man + internet + a shlt load of friends =
Fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:34 PM   #18
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
Right guys, your all missing the point of what I posted up and your all posting up your own links to shlt now etc

I originally posted this up here (and in an Irish Miata/Mx5 forum & UK Miata/Mx5 forum, FaceBook, UTube bla bla bla) in order to FORCE A CHANGE here in Ireland about this whales situation and it's taken me over two days with little sleep and I got it done in the end. That poor whales suffering should have been ended but they decided on taking action far far to late

But this will Never Ever happen again here in Ireland and THAT IS WHAT I WANTED AFTER THEY LET IT DIE THIS WAY !

Thanks go out to you all here in MiataTurbo for being a part of making this change happen here in Ireland -> One man + internet + a shlt load of friends =
1. You're a *****
2. **** you
3. No one on this site really gives a **** about your cause
4. See #2
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:38 PM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Again, your country has larger issues than a single whale. Start with doing something about all the whales that frequent Flannery's on Camden street in Dublin on any given night. It's impossible to get a pint in that place without having some fat tart try to flash her minge at you.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #20
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Ireland
Posts: 534
Total Cats: 0
Default

I've been a member here on MiataTurbo since 2006 and I think members here do actually give a shlt.

As far as my 'country' goes - please feel free to shove it up your fairy fat hole as that appears to be where your brain resides and there is obviously lots of room there
Fergus is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another oil cooler option WonTon Engine Performance 15 12-15-2010 01:29 AM
Rice vs Ghetto on extractor hood for NB? and other cooling questions kaisersoze Engine Performance 6 09-08-2010 08:51 AM
Help me with my dilemma mekaw DIY Turbo Discussion 4 03-13-2010 12:59 AM
oil cooler/oil filter relocation kits, group buy? james399 Miata parts for sale/trade 95 11-05-2009 03:24 AM
19x11x2.5" tube & fin intercooler & Corbeau Forza seat The_Pipefather Miata parts for sale/trade 1 07-05-2009 11:33 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.