How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair - Page 744 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Go Back  Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats. > General Discussion > Insert BS here
Reload this Page >

How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair

Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair

Old 10-27-2012, 12:14 AM
  #14861  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,676
Total Cats: 119
Default

You are a ***** dk. Fail. Learn how to CYA
Faeflora is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -1 Leave a negcat
Old 10-27-2012, 03:57 AM
  #14862  
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Okinawa Japan
Posts: 329
Total Cats: -7
Default

Definitely not the case. I took responsibility, but my co-worker misinformed me of what to do. My *** is covered now I recovered all documents, and reported the CMI.

That Senior and Commander should back their **** up. My section chief just game them hell because no one in my profession should ever get ripped on for what I did since it's their responsibility to do.

I'm good now, and if anyone needs to recover any lost documents, I highly suggest using Panda Recover
dk wolf is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 04:20 AM
  #14863  
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,678
Total Cats: 97
Default

Originally Posted by dk wolf View Post
Definitely not the case. I took responsibility, but my co-worker misinformed me of what to do. My *** is covered now I recovered all documents, and reported the CMI.

That Senior and Commander should back their **** up. My section chief just game them hell because no one in my profession should ever get ripped on for what I did since it's their responsibility to do.

I'm good now, and if anyone needs to recover any lost documents, I highly suggest using Panda Recover
WTF is your AFSC, desk pilot?
Pen2_the_penguin is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 10:29 AM
  #14864  
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Okinawa Japan
Posts: 329
Total Cats: -7
Default

3d1
dk wolf is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 12:06 PM
  #14865  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,085
Total Cats: 367
Default

OMFG, medical billing is such a racket. I'm still getting bills for my 9/14 event.

My insurance paid in full, now the hospital sends me a bill for an additional $350. When does this end?
hustler is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 12:10 PM
  #14866  
mkturbo.com
iTrader: (24)
 
shuiend's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Charleston SC
Posts: 14,124
Total Cats: 1,246
Default

Originally Posted by hustler View Post
OMFG, medical billing is such a racket. I'm still getting bills for my 9/14 event.

My insurance paid in full, now the hospital sends me a bill for an additional $350. When does this end?
When we get single payer universal health care for all.
shuiend is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 12:12 PM
  #14867  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,085
Total Cats: 367
Default

Originally Posted by shuiend View Post
When we get single payer universal health care for all.
lol, okay.

First it was $14,000, then it was $11,000, then it was $1200, now it's $1500 and they expect me to pay the difference. I don't understand how this is legal.
hustler is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 01:33 PM
  #14868  
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,119
Total Cats: 477
Default

Originally Posted by hustler View Post
lol, okay.

First it was $14,000, then it was $11,000, then it was $1200, now it's $1500 and they expect me to pay the difference. I don't understand how this is legal.
shuiends is right.

as long as you have for profit companies responsible for covering your doctor bills, they are going to first attempt to make that profit and THEN they will think about how sad and pathetic you are. and then reject your claim automatically and wait for you to appeal.
y8s is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 01:42 PM
  #14869  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,085
Total Cats: 367
Default

Originally Posted by y8s View Post
shuiends is right.

as long as you have for profit companies responsible for covering your doctor bills, they are going to first attempt to make that profit and THEN they will think about how sad and pathetic you are. and then reject your claim automatically and wait for you to appeal.
Why won't competition work the same way it works in everything else?
hustler is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 01:47 PM
  #14870  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

Originally Posted by hustler View Post
OMFG, medical billing is such a racket. I'm still getting bills for my 9/14 event.

My insurance paid in full, now the hospital sends me a bill for an additional $350. When does this end?
Never. Mine never does anyway. Insurance when I go to the ER and surgery, yet I'm still stuck with a $200 copay, plus another $2800 worth of bills. I've been ignoring them for over a year now. Not reported on my credit yet, and they don't call me anymore... win for now. YET, the first time I went to the ER about 3 years ago, I had no insurance and it only cost me about $800. So they work with the people without insurance, but the people WITH insurance, they **** over the insurance company and charge retarded amounts of money, then they have to collect from you. Seems like my 5 year total with United Healthcare is over $250,000 for a few ER visits, and a surgery. That's ******* ridiculous.
NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 03:37 PM
  #14871  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,676
Total Cats: 119
Default

Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Why won't competition work the same way it works in everything else?

It works just as well as it does for gas prices.

Plus hospitals do cost a lot to operate n ****. And doctors wana be rich yo. My young doctor friends pretty much sacrificed their entire 20s to books and have no personality or lives.


Originally Posted by y8s View Post
shuiends is right.

as long as you have for profit companies responsible for covering your doctor bills, they are going to first attempt to make that profit and THEN they will think about how sad and pathetic you are. and then reject your claim automatically and wait for you to appeal.

Wrong. Give me a break. There's no thinking about your emotions. Collection and billing practices are dictated by metrics and algorithms.
Faeflora is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -1 Leave a negcat
Old 10-27-2012, 03:39 PM
  #14872  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,676
Total Cats: 119
Default

That said, the last time I got HIV/STD tested, I went to a free clinic, Whitman Walker because there was no appointment/referral/doctor inquisition required. All of the staff there was absolutely awesome. Gave em $350.

And yes, Whitman Walker clinic's target patientbase is urban gay males. I'm sure the implied meaning pleases some of you.
Faeflora is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -1 Leave a negcat
Old 10-27-2012, 04:19 PM
  #14873  
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,678
Total Cats: 97
Default

so you have the aids now?
Pen2_the_penguin is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 07:22 PM
  #14874  
Boost Pope
iTrader: (8)
 
Joe Perez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago. (The non-murder part.)
Posts: 27,962
Total Cats: 2,446
Default

Does anybody besides me find themselves really struggling with the Chinese Room paradox, and the implications that it possesses for the concept of intelligence and cognition as a whole?
Joe Perez is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:41 PM
  #14875  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 460
Total Cats: 57
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Does anybody besides me find themselves really struggling with the Chinese Room paradox, and the implications that it possesses for the concept of intelligence and cognition as a whole?
It looks interesting. Bookmarked for later reading.
G3ML1NGZ is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:49 PM
  #14876  
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,678
Total Cats: 97
Default

Originally Posted by dk wolf View Post
3d1
what is funny is that we make fun of each other, but the reality is I'd rather be indoors than on the flightline in bad weather. lol
Pen2_the_penguin is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 08:50 PM
  #14877  
Elite Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Pen2_the_penguin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Reno, NV
Posts: 3,678
Total Cats: 97
Default

Originally Posted by Joe Perez View Post
Does anybody besides me find themselves really struggling with the Chinese Room paradox, and the implications that it possesses for the concept of intelligence and cognition as a whole?
joe is having an outbreak of nerd-herpes again.
Pen2_the_penguin is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 09:38 PM
  #14878  
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,119
Total Cats: 477
Default

Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Why won't competition work the same way it works in everything else?
oligopoly plus excessively high cost of entry into the market.

one does not simply start a budget insurance company
y8s is offline  
Old 10-27-2012, 09:58 PM
  #14879  
I'm Miserable!
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Okinawa Japan
Posts: 329
Total Cats: -7
Default

Originally Posted by Pen2_the_penguin View Post
what is funny is that we make fun of each other, but the reality is I'd rather be indoors than on the flightline in bad weather. lol
I'm only indoors maybe one day or two a week. Most of the other times I'm working out with the STS guys in their building or I'm off doing "mini-JCU" exercises with the other SOF branches.

Gonna try to get on a full blown JCU team within the next two years before I get out, might be a really awesome experience.



On a side note.... I just started taking double full time classes at my school. I have zero free time, hence my lack of posting here.
dk wolf is offline  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:56 PM
  #14880  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,085
Total Cats: 367
Default

Are there good and bad wire-strip tools? I'm about to go to Fry's and get a pair.
hustler is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How (and why) to Ramble On your domestic shorthair


Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.