I love this Sr20 Miata!!!!! - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 AM   #41
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 502
Total Cats: 0
Default

the guy bought it for 6500 too, and has been trying to sell it for 10K ever since.
It was built here in Tampa.
drewbroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #42
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,084
Total Cats: 0
Default

i think that car has been discussed on the forum before if i remember correctly, the guy posted picitures too

here it is
https://www.miataturbo.net/showthrea...highlight=sr20

ok after further investigation maybe its not the same car, but it is a sr20 in a miata built in florida
mazda/nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:18 PM   #43
Elite Member
iTrader: (24)
 
kotomile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Monterey, CA
Posts: 7,578
Total Cats: 40
Default

All of the SR20 Miatas I've seen have been built by Z fever. There's a mount kit out for it but I've yet to see someone use it.
kotomile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #44
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

Since when the hell were all of you such car elitests that you can't appreciate some's work and their unique flare. Seriously wtf? I would say it qualifies as "out of the box" concidering you all think rear mounted turbo miata's are so different from your own, or that some variation of over radiator piping is different. How all this bullshit has spewed into "ricer ------ drifting ****" is beyond me. Particularly when people who are appropriately building up an SR20 motor would certainly not fit a "ricer" definition. Wooo it's highly popularized and at times even televised HATE IT!!!! As much as you guys ******* hate M.net you are seriously picking up on their "hate anyone doing something different than me" mentality....because your track days and auto-x is SOOO much more important than everyone else's auto experience. Pah-lease, get off your high horse and realize you're like everyone else stop trying to suggest that your motorsport is better than rocket ships or some other bullshit. So gay that many of you guys go to the strip to get times etc, and yet spew "nopi/drift is ricer gay"...hmm funny i thought drag racing was nopi gay?
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #45
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sammamish, Washington
Posts: 1,396
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
because there's no performance benefit.
Its still no reason to cry about it....even though its not true.

How many Miatas on this site over 300 whp? When do the Miata trans start shitting the bed? Just because maybe 10 people have broken 400 whp in a Miata doesn't make the B6 or BP as decent as the SR. Who the **** cares if someone wants
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:35 PM   #46
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 564
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX_Eva View Post
Since when the hell were all of you such car elitests that you can't appreciate some's work and their unique flare.
This is the gayest thing I have ever read. Unique flare? What the ****? Doing something to your car strictly because it's "unique" is ******* dumb. I'm not necessarily "anti-rice" because some of the functional things we do to our cars here are looked at as rice on m.net. I'm anti idiocy. I don't feel the need to be appreciative of "unique flare" because it's the nice thing to do.

What's wrong with being elitists? You say it like it's a bad word. I'd rather be smart/sensible and mean than totally retared and nice.
jwarriner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 12:38 PM   #47
Senior Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Sammamish, Washington
Posts: 1,396
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
because there's no performance benefit.
Its still no reason to cry about it....even though its not true.

How many Miatas on this site over 300 whp? When do the Miata trans start shitting the bed? Just because maybe 10 people have broken 400 whp in a Miata doesn't make the B6 or BP as decent as the SR.

Also, does it really matter that a few people have done it? How does that not make it outside the box? Last I recalled we didn't have a Miata/Sr20 section for all of them running around here.
Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 01:17 PM   #48
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I'm still holding out for the radial sr8 swap miata...then snagging his IP, killing him, and shipping the miata to a company where the US doesn't have extradition and a has a track.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:16 PM   #49
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,084
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideopentuning View Post
Its still no reason to cry about it....even though its not true.

How many Miatas on this site over 300 whp? When do the Miata trans start shitting the bed? Just because maybe 10 people have broken 400 whp in a Miata doesn't make the B6 or BP as decent as the SR.

Also, does it really matter that a few people have done it? How does that not make it outside the box? Last I recalled we didn't have a Miata/Sr20 section for all of them running around here.
but would YOU pay $10,000 for this car? I personally wouldn't buy anything with an aftermarket turbocharger put on due to the fact that i don't know what or how well they did it. Much less an aftermarket motor. And not for $10,000 either. (+1500 for hardtop)

Last edited by mazda/nissan; 10-05-2007 at 06:23 PM.
mazda/nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 04:41 PM   #50
Elite Member
iTrader: (39)
 
Zabac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: High Point NC
Posts: 4,854
Total Cats: 8
Default

+1
Zabac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #51
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: E. LA
Posts: 430
Total Cats: 0
Default

uhm... you drive a Miata. get off the soap box, sit your *** down and stfu?

to others: fwiw, there isn't Nopi ANYTHING on the west coast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwarriner View Post
What's wrong with being elitists?
TonyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:26 PM   #52
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,084
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyC View Post
uhm... you drive a Miata. get off the soap box, sit your *** down and stfu?

to others: fwiw, there isn't Nopi ANYTHING on the west coast.
so there is no need to see everyones riced out car at a gathering, because everyones car on the west coast is riced out anyways? if i'm reading you correctly that is
mazda/nissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 06:51 PM   #53
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 502
Total Cats: 0
Default

I was just commenting on the guy trying to sell it for 3500 more than he paid for it. Which I think is pretty fugged up since the guy who sold it to him cut him a good deal. For 10K I would expect a 93 wit a V8, or a 2.0 built stroker with a nice turbo kit. Theres a shop here in tampa, XAT Racing, which builds V8 swapped 240's for around that. I have met the guy who participated in that build, and from what I heard, the car just was not worth keeping. Thats why they sold it.

Last edited by drewbroo; 10-05-2007 at 10:21 PM.
drewbroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 02:23 AM   #54
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

I don't think anyone is arguing that the price is a little unfair..besides the fact that he's selling it for more than he bought it for, but then again would anyone buy a turbo 93 for 7,000? People ask prices that seem pretty rediculous when it comes to modified cars. Paying full price for the car and all the modifications done is stupid, for the money you can do it yourself...but hey that couldn't at all be why this website is even around?? DIY? no surely you jest!
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 06:14 AM   #55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 701
Total Cats: 0
Default

Interesting thing I stumbled upon while looking for a local dealer that would have hondata or similar intake gaskets.

http://216.120.253.113/epictuning/ga...p?image_id=152
http://216.120.253.113/epictuning/ga...p?image_id=154
http://216.120.253.113/epictuning/ga...p?image_id=165
MX_Eva is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
3rd Time's a Charm...hopefully. zephyrusaurai Meet and Greet 2 09-28-2015 11:59 PM
First Miata Rhidell Meet and Greet 1 09-27-2015 10:42 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:55 PM.