K20 Elise Type-R - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2010, 11:16 AM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by samwu8k View Post
Name:  mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  27.3 KB

If only there was a cheap way to adapt them to RWD.
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:58 AM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 444
Total Cats: 0
Default

TurboXS has been putting out supercharger kits for the Elise. I forget the numbers, but they are damn quick.

The turbo kit is putting out 270whp IIRC or something like that. I don't think it's out yet....but Dan at Andrewtech said it's crazy. His Subaru ran low 11's....so that means it's pretty fast.
saint_foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRuler View Post
He destroyed every Lotus on the track. I love the sound of VTEC from a K20...

And I don't care if any of you hate me or my green wheels. I love my car. Sounds like some of you need to get laid (Pusha).
Are you offering?
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:05 PM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 10
Default

Slidecock -->
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 03:10 PM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffon01 View Post
<----- slidecock
ftfy
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 221
Total Cats: 1
Default

What's with ricers putting green wheels on their cars?
Joseph B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:30 PM   #27
MT Pony Underground
iTrader: (6)
 
Nagase's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,811
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph B View Post
What's with ricers putting green wheels on their cars?
They're copying race cars, like most rice stuff.

That said, I love bright colors on cars. So much better than drab greys and coffee stain colors.
Nagase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:36 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Frederick MD
Posts: 206
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusha View Post
So after your boyfriend felches his *** out of your gaping *******, you're going to buy an Elise?

I consider myself a pretty easy-going, understanding person, but you try my patience. I've tried to ignore your posts, but it's no use. You have to be the most annoying piece of **** on the internet. I played CoD on XBOX360 once and the people talking **** in that game were less annoying than you are. ****. I hate you so much.

No one gives a **** about your car and all you do here is bitch about how much you want a supercharger because it's better than a turbo. Take your green wheels with you on the way out. Fagg0t.
CPSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 04:52 PM   #29
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
SlideRuler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 494
Total Cats: -6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagase View Post
They're copying race cars, like most rice stuff.

That said, I love bright colors on cars. So much better than drab greys and coffee stain colors.
I think painting wheels funky colors is not rice at all. Putting huge wings on fwd cars is. Black and green are my favorite colors...it's more of an individual/creative thing than rice.

What was weird was seeing some hot chick today driving a light blue late 90s Ford Taurus with sprayed blue stock rims. We locked eyes for a second as we passed going opposite directions from a stoplight.

Last edited by SlideRuler; 12-03-2010 at 07:35 PM.
SlideRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 05:09 PM   #30
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Frederick MD
Posts: 206
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRuler View Post
What was weird was seeing some hot dude today driving a light blue late 90s Ford Taurus with sprayed blue stock rims. We locked eyes for a second as we passed going opposite directions from a stoplight.
Fixed
CPSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 02:38 PM   #31
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 444
Total Cats: 0
Default

Update regarding the TurboXS kits....I think the stage 2 kit is about $6300 or so. It's roughly ~275-285 whp, depending on the condition of the cams.

The turbo kit is still under development, but is putting down a tiny bit more power...maybe 310whp? However, the torque is a lot fatter in the mid-range (maybe as much as 40ft-lbs diff).


Off topic, Brandon the fabricator at TurboXS is thinking about selling his LS1-powered FD. Trying to save up for a house. Such a nice car.
saint_foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:55 AM   #32
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saint_foo View Post
Update regarding the TurboXS kits....I think the stage 2 kit is about $6300 or so. It's roughly ~275-285 whp, depending on the condition of the cams.

The turbo kit is still under development, but is putting down a tiny bit more power...maybe 310whp? However, the torque is a lot fatter in the mid-range (maybe as much as 40ft-lbs diff).


Off topic, Brandon the fabricator at TurboXS is thinking about selling his LS1-powered FD. Trying to save up for a house. Such a nice car.
TurboXS... in gaithersburg? How much does he want for it? Maybe I can use it to tow around my disfunctional miata.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:03 AM   #33
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,205
Total Cats: 2,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRuler View Post
I think painting wheels funky colors is not rice at all. Putting huge wings on fwd cars is. Black and green are my favorite colors...it's more of an individual/creative thing than rice.

What was weird was seeing some hot chick today driving a light blue late 90s Ford Taurus with sprayed blue stock rims. We locked eyes for a second as we passed going opposite directions from a stoplight.
translation: you're a giant fagette and look like a stupid ******* attention ***** in a nearly stock miata with bright green wheels. If you were local I'd **** on your wheels then leave you a note that I pissed on your wheels just so you know.

Make your car a track racecar and no one will give you **** about green wheels.

Last edited by 18psi; 12-05-2010 at 02:16 AM.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 07:44 AM   #34
I'm Miserable!
Thread Starter
 
SlideRuler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 494
Total Cats: -6
Default

you do know my summer set are 14" RPF1's and Star Specs, right? Wait, why do I care if you know this? Ugh. It's winter, dude. Most people in freezing-*** states like NJ have steelies or stock wheels on at this time.
SlideRuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #35
Elite Member
iTrader: (41)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seabrook, TX
Posts: 2,409
Total Cats: 19
Default

Don't ever buy a salvaged lotus that has any real frame damage. Their aluminum bonded frame doesn't take well to being deformed and put back. Like all aluminum. Plus the clam shells on those puppies are un godly expensive. I will still own one soon though
rharris19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:40 PM   #36
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Middletown, DE
Posts: 221
Total Cats: 1
Default



Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRuler
you do know my summer set are 14" RPF1's and Star Specs, right? Wait, why do I care if you know this? Ugh. It's winter, dude. Most people in freezing-*** states like NJ have steelies or stock wheels on at this time.
I can attest to that, I have the stock wheels on with all seasons and have no traction.
Joseph B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #37
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,205
Total Cats: 2,586
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlideRuler View Post
you do know my summer set are 14" RPF1's and Star Specs, right? Wait, why do I care if you know this? Ugh. It's winter, dude. Most people in freezing-*** states like NJ have steelies or stock wheels on at this time.
So just because they're your winter setup makes it ok to paint them a ricer color? Its your car obviously so you can do what you want, but don't expect us not to give you **** about it. I'd even prefer half rusted **** brown colored steelies to that ugly *** green color on a non track car.

And rpf1's are very nice. So kudos on that.
You just went from fail to semi-fail in my book
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:19 PM   #38
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

they've been doing k20 swaps since 2004-2005 i think. there was one in the american togue. it did really good. they were at willow springs raceway. this was in 2007 and the guy said he did the first one 4 yrs. earlier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whhkrDwdvGs

now what you wanna do is get your rich buddy to buy an elise and do the k20 swap. then you buy a cheap mr2 spyder and put the 2zz from your friends car into your mr2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJSqnYw62AY

if the guy in the spyder wouldn't have let off he would have held the turbo's off till the finish.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #39
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Ebay

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
So just because they're your winter setup makes it ok to paint them a ricer color? Its your car obviously so you can do what you want, but don't expect us not to give you **** about it. I'd even prefer half rusted **** brown colored steelies to that ugly *** green color on a non track car.

And rpf1's are very nice. So kudos on that.
You just went from fail to semi-fail in my book
Yes it's ok.

I am going to put magenta wheels on my miata just for you.

And paint my intercooler in thermal sensitive paint. Actually that would be ******* badass.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:43 PM   #40
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
pusha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 7,363
Total Cats: -32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeflora View Post
Yes it's ok.

I am going to put magenta wheels on my miata just for you.

And paint my intercooler in thermal sensitive paint. Actually that would be ******* badass.
With your track record, you'd probably get overspray all over your windshield. Which wouldn't be a bad thing because you'd likely run off a cliff.
pusha is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lotus elise seats on ebay Baker99miata Miata parts for sale/trade 0 09-07-2014 12:08 AM
BP turbo vs K20 NA thirdgen DIY Turbo Discussion 29 07-13-2011 12:16 PM
FS: Custom 1.6 T3 mani with Tial MVS, 3" vbanded Cat, Greddy Type-R BOV neogenesis2004 Miata parts for sale/trade 22 04-15-2010 10:59 PM
LOTUS ELISE SEATS--$600 shipped in the US TonyV Miata parts for sale/trade 8 03-27-2009 09:33 PM
I'm a father! kotomile Insert BS here 16 03-12-2007 01:41 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:11 AM.