m.net - Miata of the month...Briata? - Page 3 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #41
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

My god, I have to go back and shake my head at this daily now. Chrome mirrors, chrome wipers, chrome tsi's, chrome side running lights, chrome fender vents, chrome wire spoke wheels, chrome steering wheel, chrome vent rings, chrome ashtray, chrome cup holders, chrome e-brake..... The tan seats with black piping is ugly, steering wheel is ugly, center console is ugly, everything about this car makes me angry and sick.

"I'm sure he'd (Frank Sinatra) like our Briata and hope Miata.net dreamers will enjoy also."

I'm sure he'd punch this retard in the face.

Is this Miata of the month a voting thing, or does one of the blind mods pick one at random? I hope it's not a voting type deal.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:11 PM   #42
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: ON
Posts: 523
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
My god, I have to go back and shake my head at this daily now. Chrome mirrors, chrome wipers, chrome tsi's, chrome side running lights, chrome fender vents, chrome wire spoke wheels, chrome steering wheel, chrome vent rings, chrome ashtray, chrome cup holders, chrome e-brake.....
I once had an old man tell me that the only way to add class to a car was with chrome, and that fact was why no Asian cars and few European cars would ever become classics. He was driving an 80's caddy.
inferno94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #43
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Chrome belongs on a Harley, and that's about it. Most cars old enough to be covered in chrome from the factory, I probably don't care for.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:56 PM   #44
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 738
Total Cats: 86
Default

MOTM is chosen mostly for the story. Look back, and you'll see ratty cars that have been restored, cars being driven to Alaska, people who have gone to a lot of effort to get their perfect Miata to some difficult country, people who have turned playing with Miatas into a business, etc.

What they are not is just a list of modifications. Simply having a pimped-out car won't get you chosen, although if you designed and built the parts that counts for a lot. Bob Bundy, for example, would be a great MOTM story (hint hint) because of the amount of independent thinking he's put into that car and what he's done with it.

Think your car should be MOTM? Then submit it. Tell a good story. You don't need to be a member of the Miata.net forum or anything, and it's not chosen by voting.

And yes, once in a while a polarizing car gets thrown into the mix. Some people love cars like the Briata - the owner does. But not everyone!
Keith@FM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:03 PM   #45
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (3)
 
emilio700's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 5,309
Total Cats: 1,329
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
MOTM is chosen mostly for the story. Look back, and you'll see ratty cars that have been restored, cars being driven to Alaska, people who have gone to a lot of effort to get their perfect Miata to some difficult country, people who have turned playing with Miatas into a business, etc.

What they are not is just a list of modifications. Simply having a pimped-out car won't get you chosen, although if you designed and built the parts that counts for a lot. Bob Bundy, for example, would be a great MOTM story (hint hint) because of the amount of independent thinking he's put into that car and what he's done with it.

Think your car should be MOTM? Then submit it. Tell a good story. You don't need to be a member of the Miata.net forum or anything, and it's not chosen by voting.

And yes, once in a while a polarizing car gets thrown into the mix. Some people love cars like the Briata - the owner does. But not everyone!
Excellent point. It's not about the car itself.
emilio700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 08:57 PM   #46
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default



Hey while we are on this topic it is kind of funny we are laughing at this--

Our homepage miata hasn't changed for like a year.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:17 PM   #47
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Baton Rouge
Posts: 700
Total Cats: 17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Tell a good story. You don't need to be a member of the Miata.net forum or anything, and it's not chosen by voting.

And yes, once in a while a polarizing car gets thrown into the mix. Some people love cars like the Briata - the owner does. But not everyone!
I remember when your 7 was chosen for MOTHM there was a lot of people not happy on m.net. I thought it was a great choice.

Point is that I like to do with my cars what I like to do. This involves modding them, the track, the mountains, and other hoon worthy activities. People can not like that, call it dumb, and poke fun at me for wasting countless dollars and hours doing these things. I dont care, but i reserve the right to make fun of them too!
golftdibrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 09:59 PM   #48
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 6,868
Total Cats: 66
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post

Hey while we are on this topic it is kind of funny we are laughing at this--

Our homepage miata hasn't changed for like a year.
I posted that picture in August last year....not nearly a year ago. You be playin' with the sawzall too much again...
Doppelgänger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 12:54 AM   #49
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,980
Total Cats: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilio700 View Post
Excellent point. It's not about the car itself.

http://miata.net/motm/2004/mcelwee.html

http://miata.net/motm/2007/bunny.html
rmcelwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 08:43 AM   #50
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Severn, MD
Posts: 1,927
Total Cats: 5
Default

Yeah, my former NA got MOTM.

http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/max.html
fmowry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #51
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 2,980
Total Cats: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmowry View Post
Yeah, my former NA got MOTM.

http://www.miata.net/motm/2007/max.html
Interesting read. I don't always read the MOTM but there are some good stories on there.
rmcelwee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
New M62 Miata owner Pist0n Meet and Greet 4 10-01-2015 09:18 PM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:42 PM.