The Moderately Priced Tequila Thread - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-08-2013, 09:54 PM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekel View Post
Tonight:

Apple cider margarita

1.5 shot tequila
1 shot triple sec
Some apple cider.
Is that even a margarita then? Don't think so. On a related note, a slight off topic, I made a pretty awesome frou frou drink the other night, which I am not beyond enjoying.

~ 1 part Caramel Smirnoff vodka
~ 2 part Apple juice/cider
~ few drops of lemon juice for acidity
~ a little cinnamon and sugar mixed in

**** tastes like apple pie. Good drink to get girls drunk, or guys, since a lot of you here swing that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
This is my favorite post of yours, ever.
Thanks, I suppose
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 AM   #22
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

my wife did shots of Corazon while she was dressing for our wedding.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,485
Total Cats: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
Is this it?


Yep, that's it. They changed the bottles recently, not as breakable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
my wife did shots of Corazon while she was dressing for our wedding.
Ha! same here!
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #24
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 868
Total Cats: 36
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Is that even a margarita then? Don't think so. On a related note, a slight off topic, I made a pretty awesome frou frou drink the other night, which I am not beyond enjoying.
Probabaly not, but I had apple cider, tequila and gave those 2 ingredients a google and came back with apple cider margarita. Figure what could it hurt. Was delish. Would make again.
Tekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,682
Total Cats: 216
Default

I love Milagro Silver. I like is as much as Patron and its quite a bit cheaper.

Im not much for mixed drinks, but Ill take a shot of tequila every once in a while.
Full_Tilt_Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 04:33 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
Total Cats: -3
Default

I'm a Don Julio guy.. The Reposado is a very nice drink but I prefer the Anejo. If you have the jingle, 1942 is some of the best I have ever tasted.
compaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:18 PM   #27
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

At the virginia state liquor store, DJ 1942 is $65 for 750mL. DJ Anejo is $62.

What is "normal" liquor store street price for the 1942?
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #28
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 233
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
At the virginia state liquor store, DJ 1942 is $65 for 750mL. DJ Anejo is $62.

What is "normal" liquor store street price for the 1942?
My local ABC shows $169.99 for a 750ML....


I'm beginning to think that there aren't any 'Joe' priced tequilas where I live. Nothing I've seen in this thread so far is offered at under $20 for a 750ml.

That, or in comparison to whiskey, tequila isn't as cheap. I'm not sure, I don't think I've ever purchased tequila before now that I think about it...
mellowout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:50 PM   #29
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
Total Cats: -3
Default

1942 90-130 !
Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
At the virginia state liquor store, DJ 1942 is $65 for 750mL. DJ Anejo is $62.

What is "normal" liquor store street price for the 1942?
compaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #30
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
At the virginia state liquor store, DJ 1942 is $65 for 750mL. DJ Anejo is $62.

What is "normal" liquor store street price for the 1942?
The Anejo and Reposado are ~$50 and the Blanco is ~$45. The Anejo 70th Anniversary is $70.

The Don Julio 1942 Limited Edition is showing as ~$120 - $140 for a 750mL. The Real Tequila is $390.


You can try Buy Wine, Liquor & Beer Online | Total Wine & More and then enter "pick up at store" and use Florida to see what our pricing is like. They have a HUGE selection.
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 08:40 PM   #31
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,982
Total Cats: 10
Default

Olmeca Altos Reposado



I'm not a tequila fan, but this may have converted me.

Here is a review:

Aged 6 to 8 months in ex-Bourbon barrels. Modest amber color. More agave on the nose here. Some citrus, too. Lots and lots of vanilla on the body, with a big and creamy finish that comes across a bit like a cream soda float with vanilla ice cream. Delightful and light — this is actually pretty much exactly what I thought the Plata would taste like as a Reposado. A- / $25
Attached Thumbnails
The Moderately Priced Tequila Thread-olmeca-altos-reposado.jpg  
miatauser884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 10:48 AM   #32
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellowout View Post
My local ABC shows $169.99 for a 750ML....


I'm beginning to think that there aren't any 'Joe' priced tequilas where I live. Nothing I've seen in this thread so far is offered at under $20 for a 750ml.

That, or in comparison to whiskey, tequila isn't as cheap. I'm not sure, I don't think I've ever purchased tequila before now that I think about it...
Quote:
Originally Posted by compaddict View Post
1942 90-130 !
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
The Anejo and Reposado are ~$50 and the Blanco is ~$45. The Anejo 70th Anniversary is $70.

The Don Julio 1942 Limited Edition is showing as ~$120 - $140 for a 750mL. The Real Tequila is $390.


You can try Buy Wine, Liquor & Beer Online | Total Wine & More and then enter "pick up at store" and use Florida to see what our pricing is like. They have a HUGE selection.
Stores & Products

Tell me I'm not stupid or that I should buy a few bottles of it at this price?
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:03 AM   #33
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 3,284
Total Cats: 178
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by y8s View Post
Stores & Products

Tell me I'm not stupid or that I should buy a few bottles of it at this price?
There is some confusion from those first two posters. Click through the Total Wine site and search for "Don Julio." The prices you are listing are in-line with the information I posted.

You are not getting some crazy deal, which I also thought initially.
Scrappy Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #34
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

I figured it out. it is 1942 but it is not THE 1942. it is the 70th anniversary edition 1942. Both are limited edition. The ABC store is just trying to confuse me. I may have to go down there and double check it is not mismarked and winner.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #35
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
Total Cats: -3
Default

Ahh the Claro! I like that too.
compaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #36
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,513
Total Cats: 142
Default

This is the same tall 750ml bottle of the 1942 that Costco carries for $100:
Don Julio 1942 Limited Edition Tequila
...right next to the 1.75ml 'jug' of Patron for $95:
Patron Anejo
good2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #37
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 68
Total Cats: -3
Default

Yum. I would buy twelve!
compaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2014, 09:20 PM   #38
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: AL
Posts: 233
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp0623 View Post
Olmeca Altos Reposado



I'm not a tequila fan, but this may have converted me.

Here is a review:

Aged 6 to 8 months in ex-Bourbon barrels. Modest amber color. More agave on the nose here. Some citrus, too. Lots and lots of vanilla on the body, with a big and creamy finish that comes across a bit like a cream soda float with vanilla ice cream. Delightful and light this is actually pretty much exactly what I thought the Plata would taste like as a Reposado. A- / $25

Picked some of this up the other day. My first Reposado ever.

Damn this stuff is good. Good recommendation
mellowout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:41 PM   #39
y8s
2 Props,3 Dildos,& 1 Cat
Thread Starter
iTrader: (8)
 
y8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Fake Virginia
Posts: 19,038
Total Cats: 407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy Jack View Post
I like Camarena for cocktails. This should be closer to $30 - $35 for a handle.
I'm just about to the end of one bottle of reposado and one blanco and I've been happy with both of them. They don't carry the big stuff here so they are just 750s but the price is right and they work great for sippers or margs.

WINNER.

Just had some repo up with a single cube of ice and I enjoyed it so much I had to props you.
y8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:34 PM   #40
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 598
Total Cats: 30
Default

If you've got a Trader Joes in the area... give their house brand tequila a try.
It's pretty darned tasty.
SchmoozerJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 58 12-13-2017 10:04 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:30 AM.