Is there anything equal to or greater than a Miata? - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-07-2012, 04:27 AM   #61
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,782
Total Cats: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
No, you don't understand. He was sawzalling the skinnies over in the middle east.


I'm not fat bitch. I am lean and I will crush your skull with my hyperactive nutsackx.
Faeflora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #62
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 83
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
And the OP -is- named Morgan, so it supports Kenzo's theory.
And even more upsetting is the fact that that IS me in that picture.....

/wrists (with cake)
Fheyr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 AM   #63
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 3,325
Total Cats: 235
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeflora View Post
I'm not fat bitch. I am lean and I will crush your skull with my hyperactive nutsackx.
That's because it's not you, ********. It's OP swatting some skinnies with his sawzall over in the middle east.
thenuge26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:37 AM   #64
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 83
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenuge26 View Post
That's because it's not you, ********. It's OP swatting some skinnies with his sawzall over in the middle east.
It's the sound of it, they're terrified of it. little know fact: Sadam used a sawzall on his soccer team when they lost.
Fheyr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:58 AM   #65
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaen99 View Post
^Ban.
Whats wrong with em?

RWD, cheap, reliable. Lot of aftermarket.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:21 PM   #66
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savington View Post


I hope you're joking
I'm not.

Believe it or not there are many cars that are quite reliable when maintained correctly that you'll never know about if you believe everything on the internet.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #67
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

This thread is starting to go full retard. 240sx? 944? Really?

Yes, rotarheads and dsm'ers will argue til blue in the face about how 99.99% of their failures are from inproper maint. The fact remains: 99.99% of them are broken and break on a daily basis, so your argument is pretty weak. I've no idea about the old porsche reliability, just saying.

As for the 240: if you like hardparking or d0r1ftoing, sure its a great car.

Actually I'd say its a nice car to daily too: if you can find an unmolested one (highly unlikely). The KA is so torquey, just a pleasure to drive in traffic.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:48 PM   #68
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

I've heard that gross exaggerations help to prove a point.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:50 PM   #69
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Little Rock, AR
Posts: 3,109
Total Cats: 127
Default

Like 18psi is saying. I have seen Miata's were it looked like the owner was trying to break some record on lack of care and were still running.
jacob300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:54 PM   #70
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
I've heard that gross exaggerations help to prove a point.
But the point is valid. And that's the point.

The only people of the 2 groups I mentioned that have nothing but good things to say about their cars are hardcore enthusiasts dedicated to that car alone, and put unnecessary effort into maintaining said cars. replacing parts every 10k miles when they should last 60k.......checking and inspecting everything like 10x a day. Just spending a ton of money and time keeping their precious car in tip top shape. Sure it will run like a champ if maintained that way.


Look at the miata:
half the people on here with one have a shitty hack job band aid system, beat on the car all the time, and high miles with next to no maintenance, and the cars are still kickin. You don't see de-motivational posters about the miata being a POS floating around everywhere...just that its gay lulz
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:17 PM   #71
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
But the point is valid. And that's the point.

The only people of the 2 groups I mentioned that have nothing but good things to say about their cars are hardcore enthusiasts dedicated to that car alone, and put unnecessary effort into maintaining said cars. replacing parts every 10k miles when they should last 60k.......checking and inspecting everything like 10x a day. Just spending a ton of money and time keeping their precious car in tip top shape. Sure it will run like a champ if maintained that way.


Look at the miata:
half the people on here with one have a shitty hack job band aid system, beat on the car all the time, and high miles with next to no maintenance, and the cars are still kickin. You don't see de-motivational posters about the miata being a POS floating around everywhere...just that its gay lulz

I'll disagree on the DSM front due to personal experiences, as long as stupid mods are kept to a minimum, but where's the fun in that? Regardless, i don't think anyone mentioned DSM as a good alternative to a Miata. They aren't.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:23 PM   #72
Elite Member
iTrader: (21)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 5,684
Total Cats: 555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob300zx View Post
Like 18psi is saying. I have seen Miata's were it looked like the owner was trying to break some record on lack of care and were still running.
You're familiar with my car, I see.
rleete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #73
Elite Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 1,923
Total Cats: 0
Default

The 944 shouldn't even be a consideration. They are very expensive to maintain properly, the maintenance intervals are very short, parts are hard to find, very difficult to work on, they aren't reliable and there isn't an aftermarket for them.

With that being said, I will never sell mine.

Last edited by JayL; 09-09-2012 at 02:19 PM.
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:30 PM   #74
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,653
Total Cats: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fheyr13 View Post
I'm just trying to learn the ropes and fit in.
The first rule of fitting in is not to talk about fitting in.
/brad pitt
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM   #75
Senior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Yamato Japan
Posts: 692
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
This thread is starting to go full retard. 240sx? 944? Really?

Yes, rotarheads and dsm'ers will argue til blue in the face about how 99.99% of their failures are from inproper maint. The fact remains: 99.99% of them are broken and break on a daily basis, so your argument is pretty weak. I've no idea about the old porsche reliability, just saying.

As for the 240: if you like hardparking or d0r1ftoing, sure its a great car.

Actually I'd say its a nice car to daily too: if you can find an unmolested one (highly unlikely). The KA is so torquey, just a pleasure to drive in traffic.
I said FB rx7. Check your facts. That meme or reputation or whatever you want to call it didn't come around till the later turbo models. turbo rotaries are not cheap or easy or reliable, or anything. I'll give you that (even though I think you're wrong). However FB's are built like tanks and NEVER suffered from that reputation. Don't believe me? Go talk to a classic rotary race team, or compare how many 150,000+ miles FB's there are compared to FC's and FD's.
tasty danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:03 PM   #76
Destroyer of Inconel
iTrader: (37)
 
EO2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: In ur driveway, abusin' ur WPA
Posts: 9,642
Total Cats: 954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
944 shouldn't even be a consideration. They are very expensive to maintain properly, the maintenance intervals are very short, parts are hard to find, very difficult to work on, they aren't reliable and there isn't an aftermarket for them.
Exactly this. I have a friend with a turbo 944 (951 IIRC) who desperately wants a Miata. Why? Because he can get one for the cost of having a shop replace the clutch in his 944.

Sorry guise, 944 ≠ Miata

Also: Is this an intro thread? This looks like an intro thread...
EO2K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:08 PM   #77
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasty danish View Post
I said FB rx7. Check your facts. That meme or reputation or whatever you want to call it didn't come around till the later turbo models. turbo rotaries are not cheap or easy or reliable, or anything. I'll give you that (even though I think you're wrong). However FB's are built like tanks and NEVER suffered from that reputation. Don't believe me? Go talk to a classic rotary race team, or compare how many 150,000+ miles FB's there are compared to FC's and FD's.
I wasn't referring to your post or claim about FB rx7's lol....relax....Yes I was talking about the turbo ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by EO2K View Post

Also: Is this an intro thread? This looks like an intro thread...
More like a coming out thread
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #78
Senior Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Yamato Japan
Posts: 692
Total Cats: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
I wasn't referring to your post or claim about FB rx7's lol....relax....Yes I was talking about the turbo ones


More like a coming out thread
B B B B B B BUT YOOOOO SAID ROTARDS!!! I didn't see anyone else mention rx's so I figured it was about me.

Some things about rx-7s have definitely earned their rep, but I do think they're better than many give them credit for.
Though I will give you this: I'm moving to japan so my turbo fb will become an NA 20b, and if I ever owned an FD it'd have an lsx
tasty danish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:06 AM   #79
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Las Cruces, NM
Posts: 83
Total Cats: -1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
The first rule of fitting in is not to talk about fitting in.
/brad pitt
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken!" - Brad Pitt



........ I've made two mistakes......
Fheyr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 01:14 AM   #80
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Attached Thumbnails
Is there anything equal to or greater than a Miata?-wat.jpg  
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Cast Manifold Corky Bell Prefabbed Turbo Kits 18 11-22-2016 10:01 PM
1994 Spec Miata Race Car SM/SM2/SSM For Sale Quinn Cars for sale/trade 6 10-23-2016 08:58 AM
LucaCarMods's Boosted Dutch Miata Build! LucaCarMods Build Threads 11 02-14-2016 07:13 AM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:39 AM.