in this thread I will review my Boss' S197 GT-500 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #1
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default in this thread I will review my Boss' S197 GT-500






Its fast as ****, comfy as hell, can't feel the road so it would be somewhat scary on the track, the rear end is way too big, sounds great, does not have aids, and if romp my miata, not sure about high-boost though. I endorse this vehicle as a daily driver. Would drive again.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Crumple Zone Tester
iTrader: (7)
 
mgeoffriau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Posts: 7,656
Total Cats: 447
Default

If only they made a 5/6th's version.
mgeoffriau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeoffriau View Post
If only they made a 5/6th's version.
baby stang would nguyen at lyphe.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:34 PM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,908
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Does not have aids.
Aids as in the disease or things like stability and traction control?!?

You mention the sound. I bet it's great. The Mustang has kicked the Vette's butt in aural pleasure for the last 25 years. Why has it taken chevy so damn long to figure out what Ford knew with Fox body Mustangs back in the mid 80's.
cueball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:45 PM   #5
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball1 View Post
Aids as in the disease or things like stability and traction control?!?

You mention the sound. I bet it's great. The Mustang has kicked the Vette's butt in aural pleasure for the last 25 years. Why has it taken chevy so damn long to figure out what Ford knew with Fox body Mustangs back in the mid 80's.
You seriously don't know what he meant?
BTW its aids vs aides.


On a more serious note: I love those cars. The only two things "ford" I'd ever own would be a Ford GT and one of those.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
Ben
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (33)
 
Ben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: atlanta-ish
Posts: 12,689
Total Cats: 99
Default

I think they could be related.

Ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #7
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tampa
Posts: 780
Total Cats: 0
Default

Clean. I like.

I also like my mom's 08 GT. Hers is light years away from this beast, from a looks and performance standpoint, but a nice car nonetheless.
96rdstr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 02:59 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
m2cupcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 7,236
Total Cats: 288
Default

You could park your Miata on that center console.
m2cupcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #9
Elite Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Posts: 3,908
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
You seriously don't know what he meant?
BTW its aids vs aides.


On a more serious note: I love those cars. The only two things "ford" I'd ever own would be a Ford GT and one of those.
Hey, it's Hustler. I'm just shocked there was no mention of tranny hookers and cage fighting in Indonesia!
cueball1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:45 PM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
The only two things "ford" I'd ever own would be a Ford GT and one of those.
Word brotha, word.

Nice ride, has anyone see the video in which a guy just recently bought one, brings it home to show everyone. While theyre video taping everyones reaction, a little kid gets on the seat and drives it into the garage wall- may I mentioned the price tag was still on the window. Just a random commment
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:56 PM   #11
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

That vid is at least a year old. And it was of the older 05-09 body style mustang.
Was funny when it just hit the net though.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 05:02 PM   #12
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Bloomfield, Michigan
Posts: 5,682
Total Cats: 10
Default

I meant recently as in they were recording that he just had bought it... I wouldve choked that kid with barb wire
buffon01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #13
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

If U.S. manufacturers could make interiors worth a **** they would have some decent cars. They have plenty of cars I like from an exterior standpoint, but I wouldn't own one because the interior where you spend all of your time is made of plastic with floppy ***** and cheap feeling everything.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:35 AM   #14
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cueball1 View Post
Hey, it's Hustler. I'm just shocked there was no mention of tranny hookers and cage fighting in Indonesia!
ClubRoadster.net - View Single Post - Stance Coilover review.

lol
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:36 AM   #15
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
If U.S. manufacturers could make interiors worth a **** they would have some decent cars. They have plenty of cars I like from an exterior standpoint, but I wouldn't own one because the interior where you spend all of your time is made of plastic with floppy ***** and cheap feeling everything.
The interior is awesome in this car.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 04:40 AM   #16
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 8,038
Total Cats: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
The interior is awesome in this car.
...if you say so. I think it looks like a landscape of flat plastic panels with not much style. Look at that center console around the nav system, and who even needs a nav system in a GT500. Isn't it supposed to be some kind of raw sports car? Maybe if they stripped the interior, just install a carbon fiber shell for a dash, stick some gauges in it, and put some comfy race seats in it I would consider it worthy of my *** sitting in it. Still wouldn't matter, it would still be a heavy yacht of a car. So big it makes those 18'' wheels (I assume 18's anyway) look tiny, like maybe 15's.
NA6C-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 11:14 AM   #17
Tour de Franzia
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Isn't it supposed to be some kind of raw sports car?
no. Here is a raw sportscar:
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #18
:(
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: nowhere
Posts: 8,281
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
...if you say so. I think it looks like a landscape of flat plastic panels with not much style. Look at that center console around the nav system, and who even needs a nav system in a GT500. Isn't it supposed to be some kind of raw sports car? Maybe if they stripped the interior, just install a carbon fiber shell for a dash, stick some gauges in it, and put some comfy race seats in it I would consider it worthy of my *** sitting in it. Still wouldn't matter, it would still be a heavy yacht of a car. So big it makes those 18'' wheels (I assume 18's anyway) look tiny, like maybe 15's.
Yeah it has 18's but unlike 99.99% of miatas it probly has 16 inch rotors, and500lb/ft of torque that makes a huge difference. If I made baller cash like trey i would so have one of these.
magnamx-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 02:07 PM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,251
Total Cats: 17
Default

Ultimate DD for the rich *** businessman. I bet it is fast as hell.
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #20
Junior Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Gay Area, CA
Posts: 220
Total Cats: 6
Default

That car is badass... but for the same money I'd take an LS3 Corvette...

The GT-500 to me is like Burt Reynolds after Smokey & the Bandit... Both got stuck doing the same thing for decades... (Not that that's really a bad thing)
The C6 is Samuel L. Jackson, just as badass while also being sophisticated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPHuE5pDlEs



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZZPalUHlxc
Import Al is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another Cast Manifold Corky Bell Prefabbed Turbo Kits 18 11-22-2016 10:01 PM
OTS Bilstein to motorsports ASN conversion stoves Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 5 04-21-2016 04:00 PM
Going back to stock. Need some 1.6 parts. Trent WTB 2 10-01-2015 01:15 PM
Leaky Wilwoods mx592 Suspension, Brakes, Drivetrain 1 10-01-2015 01:45 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:40 AM.