To wrap my manifold or not? - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Insert BS here A place to discuss anything you want

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-2010, 07:09 PM   #21
I'm Miserable!
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 471
Total Cats: 0
Default

Have an ARTech manifold myself, hes pretty much the man.
na8psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:22 PM   #22
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k6750 View Post

And some wet sticker ****

Yo Abe WTF!!! Let me get one of them!! lol

Did you wet the wrap when you put it on or did you do it dry? Looks like you did it dry.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #23
I'm a terrible person
iTrader: (19)
 
FRT_Fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Arizona
Posts: 7,293
Total Cats: 180
Default

I would do dirty dirty unforgivable things for an ARTech manifold.
FRT_Fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 07:29 PM   #24
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 4,682
Total Cats: 216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRT_Fun View Post
I would do dirty dirty unforgivable things for an ARTech manifold.
agreed
Full_Tilt_Boogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #25
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Naples FL
Posts: 227
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede;
Yo Abe WTF!!! Let me get one of them!! lol

Did you wet the wrap when you put it on or did you do it dry? Looks like you did it dry.
I did do it dry (giggity) It was a quick in car job, so I got it as tight as I could. I had to take the start of it off to start the threads on my downpipe up top, that's why it looks loose.
2k6750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:09 PM   #26
Antisaint
iTrader: (17)
 
Vashthestampede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Danbury, CT
Posts: 4,659
Total Cats: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k6750 View Post
I did do it dry (giggity) It was a quick in car job, so I got it as tight as I could. I had to take the start of it off to start the threads on my downpipe up top, that's why it looks loose.
Every time I've wrapped a dp I forget about the limited space on the bottom studs and start the wrap too high. Then I have to screw with it after its all on tight, and the pipe is back in the car. I do it every ******* time and ask myself why do I always forget this ****.
Vashthestampede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 12:54 AM   #27
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Outside of the Loop-ATL
Posts: 754
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashthestampede View Post
Every time I've wrapped a dp I forget about the limited space on the bottom studs and start the wrap too high. Then I have to screw with it after its all on tight, and the pipe is back in the car. I do it every ******* time and ask myself why do I always forget this ****.
Don't feel bad I did the same thing on my FM3 manifold, and those stud/nut combo barely fit.
wildfire0310 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
Expected intake temps on the track? tazswing Race Prep 20 10-03-2015 12:04 PM
Moroso Air Oil Separator Catch Can Aroundcorner Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 04:20 PM
ISO 1.6 turbo cast iron manifold cale saurage DIY Turbo Discussion 16 10-01-2015 12:25 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 PM.