round 6 of TxMC @ Eagles Canyon! - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Local Meets, Events and Tech Days Track Day? Autox? Tech Day? Beer Run? Dave and Busters?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-04-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default round 6 of TxMC @ Eagles Canyon!

We're coming up on the end of our first season! This was scheduled to be our last event, but hopefully with some help from Team MER, the season final @ msr-c will happen nov. 21st or 22nd. either way, we need people to actually show up so we can finish this season off right! for those of you running nasa's time trial or race groups, this will be the season ender. i'm gonna do my best to be ready for ECR. i have a new ecu harness coming to fix the problems i had at TWS. hopefully i'll be able to play this time.

anyway's, registration is open at http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1088
also, the late fee is now only $25 if you don't pre-register 7 days prior.

see you guys at the track!
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 11:03 PM   #2
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

I'll be at anything in DFW of course.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 12:24 AM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

trying to being the car out, not sure if nasa is going to let me run or not, still have to get all my car classes bs done
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:18 AM   #4
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

what? no such thing, if you take your car, you CAN run. no "classes" in hpde.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:14 AM   #5
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Wirelessly posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolin2bars
what? no such thing, if you take your car, you CAN run. no "classes" in hpde.
Jeff,
you'll have to do bode one day to get the check ride. Get ready for metal on metal, lol.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:44 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesville, Tx
Posts: 229
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
We're coming up on the end of our first season! This was scheduled to be our last event, but hopefully with some help from Team MER, the season final @ msr-c will happen nov. 21st or 22nd. either way, we need people to actually show up so we can finish this season off right! for those of you running nasa's time trial or race groups, this will be the season ender. i'm gonna do my best to be ready for ECR. i have a new ecu harness coming to fix the problems i had at TWS. hopefully i'll be able to play this time.

anyway's, registration is open at http://www.nasaproracing.com/event/1088
also, the late fee is now only $25 if you don't pre-register 7 days prior.

see you guys at the track!
Just a reminder to the TxMC crew down South, my house is 24 miles from the track and it's got plenty of space (may want to bring a pillow, blanket or bag).

Save on the hotel fees. I figure to bbq on Fr/Sa and possibly have a TxMC poker tournament if you are up for the challenge.

Same goes for any of the Northern crew, stop by, eat and stay over if you like.

(post here or pm me just so I'll have an idea how much food to get and to get you the address)

SA
sixace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #7
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

We're still running on 10/2 which is Saturday, correct? I signed up for HPDE, I guess I'll start running TT next time, although I'm still somewhat afraid of the contact.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesville, Tx
Posts: 229
Total Cats: 1
Default

Yup, TxMC is Saturday. As far as contact in TT, it's not a worry to me. Nobody wants that and everyone still gives point by's ('cept we do it in the corners too). Also seems to be less congested that most hpde's.
sixace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #9
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
We're still running on 10/2 which is Saturday, correct? I signed up for HPDE, I guess I'll start running TT next time, although I'm still somewhat afraid of the contact.
why do you keep saying that? there's no contact! it's NOT wheel to wheel. you've mentioned it every single time you said tt for the past year. where did you get that in your head?

sixace i'm in, got dibs on floor in front of the tv!

yes, miata challenge on sat.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:26 PM   #10
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
why do you keep saying that? there's no contact! it's NOT wheel to wheel. you've mentioned it every single time you said tt for the past year. where did you get that in your head?

sixace i'm in, got dibs on floor in front of the tv!

yes, miata challenge on sat.
At MSR-C the chairman said there was contact in TT every day this year. Is this incorrect?
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:54 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Gainesville, Tx
Posts: 229
Total Cats: 1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
At MSR-C the chairman said there was contact in TT every day this year. Is this incorrect?
I would say that is incorrect. I ran PCA TT there earlier this year w/o incident.

Three NASA TT's so far this year (TWSx2 & Hallett) w/o incident.

I seriously believe that there is a better chance of contact in hpde.

Biggest difference is you can "win" at TT.
sixace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:08 AM   #12
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

chairman? were you at a board meeting? ive gone to every single event this year, am friends with or know most of the usual suspects in tt and have yet to see 2 cars make contact. maybe he was talking about contact with tires, walls, etc....
besides, msr-c was only the 2nd event of the year. or were you talking to someone from msr-c lately? if it was apex or drivers edge or some other COMPETEING organization, you can understand why he's full of ****.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:39 AM   #13
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolin2bars View Post
chairman? were you at a board meeting? ive gone to every single event this year, am friends with or know most of the usual suspects in tt and have yet to see 2 cars make contact. maybe he was talking about contact with tires, walls, etc....
besides, msr-c was only the 2nd event of the year. or were you talking to someone from msr-c lately? if it was apex or drivers edge or some other COMPETEING organization, you can understand why he's full of ****.
The chair/president/NASA leader guy whatever. I thought he said there was "metal on metal" at every event this year. You guys have pretty much indicated that I'm wrong.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 03:00 AM   #14
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
The chair/president/NASA leader guy whatever. I thought he said there was "metal on metal" at every event this year. You guys have pretty much indicated that I'm wrong.
the director of the tx region Jay matus? not in tt, that might be true of spec miata or American iron. again, those are actual race classes, wheel to wheel, not time trial. you should just play it safe though, stay in hpde. lol
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:02 AM   #15
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

Don't poz me, bro.

I guess I'll finalize the TT license thing next weekend then.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #16
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustler View Post
Don't poz me, bro.

I guess I'll finalize the TT license thing next weekend then.
lol, that's more like it.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #17
Senior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: south texas
Posts: 1,419
Total Cats: 9
Default

well, it's not looking too good for me. I replaced the ecu harness and it still cut off. I had a Guy look at the ecu but didn't find anything, I should have gave him my old harness to plug in and mess with. unless a miracle happens today, I'm gonna have to sit this one out.
spoolin2bars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:14 PM   #18
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

This is very sad. I'm going still, even with the brake problem, lol.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:17 PM   #19
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,251
Total Cats: 17
Default

I'll ride my bike up there for moral support.
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 12:39 PM   #20
Elite Member
iTrader: (7)
 
jeff_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Dallas, Tx
Posts: 3,056
Total Cats: 103
Default

asts wont be on the car in time. was hoping to come out and take home a trophy. o well.
jeff_man is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fab9Tuning's NC MX-5 Turbo Kit Discussion- EFR/Garrett V-Band FAB Prefabbed Turbo Kits 216 03-22-2017 05:00 PM
Coolant port on intake side of head Sirnixalot Engine Performance 3 09-20-2015 10:45 PM
Built 1.6l Engine, 1,820 miles Baxgordum Miata parts for sale/trade 19 09-05-2015 12:42 AM
gaskets? devin mac DIY Turbo Discussion 2 09-11-2007 12:46 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:11 AM.