Go Back  Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats. > General Discussion > Media
Reload this Page >

accelerating to top speed @ 15 lbs of boost

Media Got any pics or vids to share?

accelerating to top speed @ 15 lbs of boost

 
Old 02-25-2009, 09:20 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 102
Total Cats: 1
Default accelerating to top speed @ 15 lbs of boost

Accelerating to top speed @ 15 lbs of boost.

0mph to 130mph


60mph to 130mph
MSMjohn is offline  
Old 02-25-2009, 09:34 PM
  #2  
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,616
Total Cats: 5
Default

not bad. not bad at all.
Trent is offline  
Old 02-25-2009, 10:12 PM
  #3  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lexington, SC
Posts: 2,076
Total Cats: 0
Default

mine only goes to 115
mazda/nissan is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 02:07 AM
  #4  
Guest
iTrader: (1)
 
ray_sir_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 714
Total Cats: 0
Default

130mph top speed? I hit that in 4th. I got a 5-spd, 4.10 rear, and 7800rpm rev-limit though. You wouldn't have much fun in the Cannonballs we do around here every few months. We normally cruise at 130.

But it still looks pretty quick. Now you got me curious on how fast mine can get up there.
ray_sir_6 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 02:21 AM
  #5  
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
akaryrye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Central California
Posts: 2,510
Total Cats: 0
Default

looks like you could get it up to 140 ... you only went to 6500rpm from the looks of it.
akaryrye is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 02:29 AM
  #6  
VladiTuned
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 35,227
Total Cats: 3,181
Default

Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
130mph top speed? I hit that in 4th. I got a 5-spd, 4.10 rear, and 7800rpm rev-limit though. You wouldn't have much fun in the Cannonballs we do around here every few months. We normally cruise at 130.

But it still looks pretty quick. Now you got me curious on how fast mine can get up there.
you "cruise" your miata at 130?
you are so full of **** dude. wow
18psi is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 03:10 AM
  #7  
Elite Member
iTrader: (1)
 
NA6C-Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Birmingham Alabama
Posts: 7,947
Total Cats: 43
Default

Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
you "cruise" your miata at 130?
you are so full of **** dude. wow
Thats what I was thinking. Even with a 5 speed and 3.6 gears you would be quite high in revs at 130. I feel uncomfortable even cruising at 80-90 with stock gear. Anything over 5,000rpm worries me. "Cruise" at 130 would be like 6200-6300 rpm. Maybe cruising is a short 30 second burst.

Quick car though OP.
NA6C-Guy is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 08:57 AM
  #8  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,101
Total Cats: 368
Default

nice...mine pulls like that too, but I'm afraid over 100mph on the street. I cruise at 131mph. These cars are stupid fast.
hustler is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:09 AM
  #9  
Elite Member
iTrader: (30)
 
levnubhin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Va Beach
Posts: 7,319
Total Cats: 8
Default

Originally Posted by akaryrye View Post
looks like you could get it up to 140 ... you only went to 6500rpm from the looks of it.


Isn't that where MSM's redline at?
__________________
Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
levnubhin is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:29 AM
  #10  
Elite Member
iTrader: (33)
 
RotorNutFD3S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Newnan, GA
Posts: 2,518
Total Cats: 30
Default

Yes, they do redline there.

And maybe it's just me, but I make sure I'm at normal operating temps before I start thrashing on the car.
RotorNutFD3S is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:35 AM
  #11  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Trenton, NJ
Posts: 1,118
Total Cats: 0
Default

Doesn't the MSM limit boost to like 10.5 or something like that? How'd you get around that? MS, Hydra? Why is the check engine light on?

Going from 60-130 makes your highbeams turn on?
ArtieParty is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 09:39 AM
  #12  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,101
Total Cats: 368
Default

yeah, what's up with 130* water temp and hanging the tach at redline in 6th? Not the best idea I've heard all day. lol
hustler is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 10:40 AM
  #13  
Elite Member
iTrader: (10)
 
leatherface24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pembroke Pines
Posts: 4,028
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by ArtieParty View Post
Doesn't the MSM limit boost to like 10.5 or something like that? How'd you get around that? MS, Hydra? Why is the check engine light on?
Yeah it does. Im sure hes gotta have some kind of other engine mgmt
leatherface24 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:14 AM
  #14  
Guest
iTrader: (1)
 
ray_sir_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 714
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
you "cruise" your miata at 130?
you are so full of **** dude. wow
I guess you missed part of that post...CANNONBALL.

http://www.texascannonball.com/

The routes:
texascannonball.com: Home - Dallas Cannonball Meets and Events - Vote on the Route

Yes, we stay 130+ almost the whole way. You have to to keep up. Last one it was me and 2 black FC RX7s in a pack. They were blowing fireballs out the exhaust, was pretty cool.

Originally Posted by NA6C-Guy View Post
Thats what I was thinking. Even with a 5 speed and 3.6 gears you would be quite high in revs at 130. I feel uncomfortable even cruising at 80-90 with stock gear. Anything over 5,000rpm worries me. "Cruise" at 130 would be like 6200-6300 rpm. Maybe cruising is a short 30 second burst.

Quick car though OP.
Yes, at least 6200+. I was almost hitting redline in 5th a few times.

Originally Posted by hustler View Post
nice...mine pulls like that too, but I'm afraid over 100mph on the street. I cruise at 131mph. These cars are stupid fast.
Have you been on a Cannonball yet? We had a stock Miata at the last one I went to, and he got left behind, since he could only go 120-something.
ray_sir_6 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 AM
  #15  
Guest
iTrader: (1)
 
ray_sir_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 714
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by hustler View Post
yeah, what's up with 130* water temp and hanging the tach at redline in 6th? Not the best idea I've heard all day. lol
Doesn't he have some temp mod that makes it where it reads different?
ray_sir_6 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:16 AM
  #16  
Guest
iTrader: (1)
 
ray_sir_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 714
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by leatherface24 View Post
Yeah it does. Im sure hes gotta have some kind of other engine mgmt
Or maybe the boost controller is unhooked, and that is causing the CEL?
ray_sir_6 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:35 AM
  #17  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,101
Total Cats: 368
Default

I don't do the cannonball ****. I have my fun on the track. My employer wouldn't be too happy if I had jail time on my record.
hustler is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:40 AM
  #18  
Guest
iTrader: (1)
 
ray_sir_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: DFW, TX
Posts: 714
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by hustler View Post
I don't do the cannonball ****. I have my fun on the track. My employer wouldn't be too happy if I had jail time on my record.
That's why you aren't the first car out. You let them get the tickets, and you just sit back and have fun. They can't catch everyone. Most Cannonballs are about 100 cars.
ray_sir_6 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:41 AM
  #19  
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Mach929's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: lansdale PA
Posts: 2,494
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by 18psi View Post
you "cruise" your miata at 130?
you are so full of **** dude. wow
+1 sustaining 130mph in a miata is just plain retarded, even if your car could handle it. i may have done something stupid like that when i was 16
Mach929 is offline  
Old 02-26-2009, 11:58 AM
  #20  
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,101
Total Cats: 368
Default

Originally Posted by ray_sir_6 View Post
That's why you aren't the first car out. You let them get the tickets, and you just sit back and have fun. They can't catch everyone. Most Cannonballs are about 100 cars.
I'm fairly certain that my employer, who's entrusted with providing national security, won't appreciate my creative answers to, "why were you involved in an illegal race at triple digit speeds which may or may not have involved utilizing federal resources to apprehend you as a member in the interstate reckless driving event?"
hustler is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: accelerating to top speed @ 15 lbs of boost


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.