Media Got any pics or vids to share?

Miata vs ZR1

 
Old 05-05-2017, 12:04 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 223
Total Cats: 1
Default Miata vs ZR1

This guy took well over a lap to point me by. I'd be on his *** through the turns, but he'd obviously pull way ahead through the straights. I can't stand people like that


Last edited by Braineack; 05-09-2017 at 09:31 AM.
ApexAddict is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 12:28 PM
  #2  
Moderator
iTrader: (12)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 18,549
Total Cats: 2,284
Default

Sometimes it takes a little nudge
sixshooter is online now  
Old 05-05-2017, 12:44 PM
  #3  
Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Woostuh, MA
Posts: 3,817
Total Cats: 102
Default

Oh. You're the guy from the Miata Club facebook group.
ridethecliche is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 02:52 PM
  #4  
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Granbury, TX
Posts: 6,152
Total Cats: 651
Default

You should have edited your video to show the offending behavior. Watching this, he looks like one of the best behaved 'Vette drivers I've ever seen.
hornetball is offline  
Old 05-05-2017, 03:09 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 1,139
Total Cats: 151
Default

What class were you running in and what were the passing rules? Up until 0:30, I don't think you were close enough to warrant a pass. Once you got on his ***, it wasn't a long straight so if he's a novice it wouldn't have been smart to let you by anyway. When you caught up to him, he waited until the next straight and let you by.
acedeuce802 is offline  
Old 05-06-2017, 03:01 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 223
Total Cats: 1
Default

Originally Posted by ridethecliche View Post
Oh. You're the guy from the Miata Club facebook group.
What do you mean?
Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
You should have edited your video to show the offending behavior. Watching this, he looks like one of the best behaved 'Vette drivers I've ever seen.
True, i'll post another edit later today and show you guys what I mean.
Originally Posted by acedeuce802 View Post
What class were you running in and what were the passing rules? Up until 0:30, I don't think you were close enough to warrant a pass. Once you got on his ***, it wasn't a long straight so if he's a novice it wouldn't have been smart to let you by anyway. When you caught up to him, he waited until the next straight and let you by.
I'll post another edit later today. I was on his *** like that for almost an entire lap (except the straights obviously) before he finally pointed me by.
ApexAddict is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -1 Leave a negcat
Old 05-09-2017, 09:21 AM
  #7  
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: OKC, OK
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 118
Default

Originally Posted by hornetball View Post
You should have edited your video to show the offending behavior. Watching this, he looks like one of the best behaved 'Vette drivers I've ever seen.
This you didn't catch him until it got tight, once there was an opportunity for a safe point by, he gave you one.

Not sure the issue here.
z31maniac is offline  
Old 05-11-2017, 12:20 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: NorthWest NJ
Posts: 1,406
Total Cats: 70
Default

I spent three laps stuck behind a mustang doing this, had to pit in and space out. That said, it was his first track day ever. Had a chat with him after and he appologised and made great improvements. Nice guy and he was supprisingly ok with being slower in a modded 2013 mustang than me in my miata. He had a healthy respect for just how fast his car could get him in trouble too.
x_25 is offline  
Old 05-11-2017, 02:10 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 223
Total Cats: 1
Default

Originally Posted by z31maniac View Post
This you didn't catch him until it got tight, once there was an opportunity for a safe point by, he gave you one.

Not sure the issue here.
I still need to post the full video so you guys can see. Sorry I've been lagging on that.
Originally Posted by x_25 View Post
I spent three laps stuck behind a mustang doing this, had to pit in and space out. That said, it was his first track day ever. Had a chat with him after and he appologised and made great improvements. Nice guy and he was supprisingly ok with being slower in a modded 2013 mustang than me in my miata. He had a healthy respect for just how fast his car could get him in trouble too.
That's understandable. If it's your first time out, it's easy to ignore people behind you and focus of going fast. However, at the same time, it's easy to let the person behind you push you to drive outside of your limit which can become dangerous fairly quickly, especially if you're in a powerful car.
ApexAddict is offline  
Old 08-17-2017, 08:18 PM
  #10  
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Melbourne, FL
Posts: 25
Total Cats: 3
Default

He must have been so depressed with you stuck in his rear view mirror.
NordicSaab is offline  
Old 06-12-2018, 01:00 PM
This message has been deleted by 18psi.
Old 06-12-2018, 08:02 PM
  #11  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 114
Total Cats: 1
Default

Originally Posted by acedeuce802 View Post
What class were you running in and what were the passing rules? Up until 0:30, I don't think you were close enough to warrant a pass. Once you got on his ***, it wasn't a long straight so if he's a novice it wouldn't have been smart to let you by anyway. When you caught up to him, he waited until the next straight and let you by.
Originally Posted by z31maniac View Post
This you didn't catch him until it got tight, once there was an opportunity for a safe point by, he gave you one.

Not sure the issue here.
Originally Posted by NordicSaab View Post
He must have been so depressed with you stuck in his rear view mirror.
Group as a whole does not look like its really pushing it? Appears he gave you a safe pointby at the appropriate time?
Blkbrd69 is offline  
Old 07-05-2018, 11:41 PM
  #12  
Newb
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 18
Total Cats: -1
Default

Nice work, gives me sonething to strive for.
Mike Berry is offline  
Reply
Leave a poscat -1 Leave a negcat
Old 07-08-2018, 12:28 PM
  #13  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 74
Total Cats: 5
Default

That was quite tame.

I would typically be parked like half a car length from his bumper and be offset about half a car (usually to the outside, unless he's way off line), so that if he looks in his side mirror it is unmistakable you are there and want a pass. Being offset allows you some view of the track ahead, whereas if you were just parked on his *** you really have limited situational awareness. It also lets you practice driving offline and you can still run the car hard, because again you're off the ideal line.

You're in a n/a Miata, so unless you're trying to muscle past another low powered car down the straight, you really don't care too much about getting a run out of the corner. That would be the only reason I hang back through a corner, and even then I would only try to be far enough back (and apex later than normal) so that you end up right on his *** at track out with a significant speed advantage..
He has way too much power to get him on the straights, which means you won't be close enough to get him under braking, so unless you pass on the outside of the turn, you're solely reliant upon a passby or beat him in traffic management.
engineered2win is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.