Took a little trip a few weeks ago, figured I'd share the pics - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Media Got any pics or vids to share?

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #1
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default My German Auto Museum trips (Merc/Porsche/and now BMW content inside)

So I'm stationed in Germany and a few weekends ago I decided I'd got to Stuttgart and see the Porsche and Mercedes Museums. There's not too many Porsche pictures because my camera was acting up but to be completely honest, the Mercedes Museum blew the Porsche Museum out of the water. I hate to admit that but it's the truth, anyway, enjoy. (if the link doesn't work forgive me I'll work on it, never posted an entire album from PB before but don't want to spend the time to post each picture here.)

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Hope to make it to Munich soon to see the BMW museum and then start conquering the Italian manufacture's slowly. So expect more pictures eventually.

Last edited by KPLAFIN; 11-08-2009 at 12:43 AM. Reason: title change/update
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:55 PM   #2
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,662
Total Cats: 1,560
Default

Yeah, the Porsche museum had around 14 cars in it when I was there in 2007...super weak.
No factory tours at Porsche either.

I didn't go to Mercedes, but heard it was really good.

BMW has a good museum and a good factory tour. I'd recommend it.

There are some good basement nightclubs in the old part of downtown Stuttgart if you look for them. It's a university town. Actually, there are basement nightclubs in a lot of the old downtowns of German cities. I miss it. It is about time for another trip...
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:20 PM   #3
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
Yeah, the Porsche museum had around 14 cars in it when I was there in 2007...super weak.
No factory tours at Porsche either.

I didn't go to Mercedes, but heard it was really good.

BMW has a good museum and a good factory tour. I'd recommend it.

There are some good basement nightclubs in the old part of downtown Stuttgart if you look for them. It's a university town. Actually, there are basement nightclubs in a lot of the old downtowns of German cities. I miss it. It is about time for another trip...
I'd forgotten about this thread, was really surprised I didn't get any comments n it **shrug** I'm getting better at finding all the little hidden bars in this country, there's definitely plenty of them. Whenever you come back over shoot me a PM, maybe we can meet up and have a beer, and shoot some Miata bs, lol.

The BMW Museum is next on the list for sure but I want to get around to some other countries so my weekends will be booked for a while, I've got Ireland, England, Austria, Switzerland, and more on the itinerary as soon as I can find time.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Readington, NJ
Posts: 35
Total Cats: 0
Default

I was just there at the end of September for the Volksfest. I have friends and family in Stuttgart. I've been to the Mercedes Museum 5-6 times now. The nice thing is that they *do* revolve some of the cars in those "annex" areas.

The new Porsche museum is wonderful compared to the old one. The old one was an afterthought, while the new one was done well. i.e. they knew that they couldn't compete with Mercedes as far as the volume of history, so they designed a building that made you go "holy ****!" right off the bat.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:44 PM   #5
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindle View Post
I was just there at the end of September for the Volksfest.
That's when I was there, wonder if we ran into each other drunk?

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hindle View Post
I have friends and family in Stuttgart.
Amy of them good looking, single, and in their early 20's?
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #6
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Readington, NJ
Posts: 35
Total Cats: 0
Default

Sat. 9/26 - Goeckelesmaier tent
Tues. 9/29 - Grandl's
Sat 10/3 - Back at Goeckelesmaier again.

An employee of a friend of mine there seats at Goeckelesmaier, so he always gets us good seats there. Had 14 people the first Sat and 12 the second. So much fun.
hindle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #7
Tour de Franzia
iTrader: (6)
 
hustler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Republic of Dallas
Posts: 29,114
Total Cats: 351
Default

the sls amg pimps hos.
hustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:15 PM   #8
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,662
Total Cats: 1,560
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPLAFIN View Post
I'd forgotten about this thread, was really surprised I didn't get any comments n it **shrug** I'm getting better at finding all the little hidden bars in this country, there's definitely plenty of them. Whenever you come back over shoot me a PM, maybe we can meet up and have a beer, and shoot some Miata bs, lol.

The BMW Museum is next on the list for sure but I want to get around to some other countries so my weekends will be booked for a while, I've got Ireland, England, Austria, Switzerland, and more on the itinerary as soon as I can find time.
How much longer are you there for?

And don't neglect Eastern Europe if your security clearance, or lack thereof, allows it. Cool things to see and do there also.
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 02:18 PM   #9
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshooter View Post
How much longer are you there for?

And don't neglect Eastern Europe if your security clearance, or lack thereof, allows it. Cool things to see and do there also.
Any thing in particular in Eastern Europe I should see? I should be here AT LEAST two more years minus my time spent deployed of course, I foresee myself extending my tour here as long as possible though.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #10
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Just got back from Munich!! Here are the BMW pics:

Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket

Just dumped them onto photobucket from my camera again so they're not edited or even sorted through yet so take what you get...
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 02:36 AM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Southlake,Texas
Posts: 3,251
Total Cats: 17
Default

Badass. If you ever go to the UK, go to Donington park's museum. They have so many cars, and usually the place is empty so you can sit in anything you want. Very cool pictars.
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:10 AM   #12
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: VA, Germany, Afghanistan
Posts: 2,967
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond View Post
Badass. If you ever go to the UK, go to Donington park's museum. They have so many cars, and usually the place is empty so you can sit in anything you want. Very cool pictars.
UK is on my list, I'm over here for AT LEAST two years, so I've got a long list of places I'm getting to. The 'ring is close to the top as well, just waiting for a good event to be going on up there.
KPLAFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
Back to Stock Part Out!! Turbo Parts, MS2 Enhanced 01-05, Suspension, and MOAR! StratoBlue1109 Miata parts for sale/trade 16 10-02-2015 10:39 AM
New M62 Miata owner Pist0n Meet and Greet 4 10-01-2015 09:18 PM
6ULs for Sale in Green Bay JStoops Miata parts for sale/trade 0 09-28-2015 06:35 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 AM.