New guy from Raleigh, NC - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Meet and Greet Say Hi. De-noob yourself.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2009, 09:54 PM   #21
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,173
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admtn2 View Post
Yeah that should be me. I went to high school up there and still come back fairly often. I believe one of you knows Ryan or NCZX with the TT 350Z from Boone? He is one my roommates here in Raleigh and has mentioned/shown me a black turbo NA owned by a guy named Adam in Boone. So does that makes 3 Adams with turbo miatas from the Boone area now?
Yep, I know Ryan from when he was in High School. I just graduated from App and I am down around Charlotte now. I never got an opportunity to show him who his daddy was before the blue car got wrecked. Tell him Sexton and Jenna say hey.

I had the Burgundy NA which is now being painted and getting a motor/ecu transplant. Sadly, it will be n/a for the time being.
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:27 PM   #22
Newb
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 30
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miatamania View Post
Yep, I know Ryan from when he was in High School. I just graduated from App and I am down around Charlotte now. I never got an opportunity to show him who his daddy was before the blue car got wrecked. Tell him Sexton and Jenna say hey.

I had the Burgundy NA which is now being painted and getting a motor/ecu transplant. Sadly, it will be n/a for the time being.
I worked at Tweetsie with Jenna a couple summers back. She probably doesn't remember me though. What happened to your turbo setup?
admtn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #23
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,173
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admtn2 View Post
I worked at Tweetsie with Jenna a couple summers back. She probably doesn't remember me though. What happened to your turbo setup?
Parted it out. I wanted to have a solid car to start doing TT/Hill Climbs. It is paying for the VVT motor and the Haltech unit.


So for now it will be more reliable and more competitive in CSP than it would have been in SSM.
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:24 AM   #24
Guest
iTrader: (-2)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 145
Total Cats: 0
Default

NC guy here as well, im assuming our new comer went to/currently attending NCSU?
NAshowdown95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:45 AM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Dallas
Posts: 1,841
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by miata2fast View Post
I see you have an FM turbo exhaust. I assume the car is currently normally aspirated! Do you think the exhaust is to loud? Does it sound good? Did it hurt low end performance?

I want to go bigger on my car, but am afraid it will sound bad or be too loud. I have an n/a high compression motor and bigger cam, and I am speculating that I need more exhaust to match my build.

That is a nice looking car by the way. I hope you enjoy it here.
Everyones opinion of loud is different.

I had a exhaust that sounded like Cessna was coming in for Landing. And got many compliments. ........It would give you a headache. and I hated it!

My brother was 17 and all his friends said I was stupid for getting rid of it.


I wounder if the guy still has his cat in. That may make it liveable.

Just warning...Hear exhaust for yourself. Everyones opinion is different.
Toddcod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:44 PM   #26
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,173
Total Cats: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddcod View Post

just warning...hear exhaust for yourself. Everyones opinion is different.
+1
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 03:20 PM   #27
Newb
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 30
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAshowdown95 View Post
NC guy here as well, im assuming our new comer went to/currently attending NCSU?
Yeah I am attending state for Electrical Engineering. Currently Co-Oping at Sony Ericsson in RTP. Thanks to them for my turbo build fund.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddcod View Post
Everyones opinion of loud is different.

I had a exhaust that sounded like Cessna was coming in for Landing. And got many compliments. ........It would give you a headache. and I hated it!

My brother was 17 and all his friends said I was stupid for getting rid of it.


I wounder if the guy still has his cat in. That may make it liveable.

Just warning...Hear exhaust for yourself. Everyones opinion is different.
Yeah definably still have my cat and mid pipe muffler in place. It really is just slightly louder than stock. Probably should have mentioned this earlier.
admtn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:37 PM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Ashe County NC
Posts: 217
Total Cats: -1
Default

Man I love those seats... those wheels rock too, the bronze works well with the green
adamhershner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:50 PM   #29
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 321
Total Cats: 0
Default

i'm at state too, never seen you though that i recall, i'm the black na with hardtop and sleepy eyes

look into worlfpack sports car club, wolfpackscc.com i'm the only miata
kewilso3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:42 AM   #30
Newb
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 30
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamhershner View Post
Man I love those seats... those wheels rock too, the bronze works well with the green
Except the Bronze then clashes with the seats. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewilso3 View Post
i'm at state too, never seen you though that i recall, i'm the black na with hardtop and sleepy eyes

look into worlfpack sports car club, wolfpackscc.com i'm the only miata
I know who you are I was actually at the last WSCC meet at Wolf Creek and saw your car there. Probably should have spoken up. My miata was at the body shop getting a dent repaired at the time. I don't really post on the WSCC forum very often, but then again it has been down for a month or so now. Is your car turbo?
admtn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:47 AM   #31
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Fayetteville NC
Posts: 828
Total Cats: 0
Default

Weclome...I'm in Fayetteville. If you are ever this way let me know. Car looks nice.
msydnor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:09 PM   #32
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 321
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by admtn2 View Post

I know who you are I was actually at the last WSCC meet at Wolf Creek and saw your car there. Probably should have spoken up. My miata was at the body shop getting a dent repaired at the time. I don't really post on the WSCC forum very often, but then again it has been down for a month or so now. Is your car turbo?
no my car is lame, no turbo yet. since that meet i've gotten stance coilovers, and i'm picking up a rollbar today actually. I dont post there really either, since the site has been awful, but hopefully i'll see you at some get togethers, get the turbo going so i can get a ride! I still havnt ridden in a turbo car (miata)...
kewilso3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:32 PM   #33
Newb
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 30
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kewilso3 View Post
no my car is lame, no turbo yet. since that meet i've gotten stance coilovers, and i'm picking up a rollbar today actually. I dont post there really either, since the site has been awful, but hopefully i'll see you at some get togethers, get the turbo going so i can get a ride! I still havnt ridden in a turbo car (miata)...
I have yet to ride in one as well. What roll bar are you going with? I need to replace my timing belt and get a new clutch before the build. My goal is to do it over thanksgiving, but it may have to be pushed back till christmas :(.
admtn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:10 PM   #34
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Concord, North Carolina
Posts: 4,173
Total Cats: 5
Default

Get the hard dog m2 hardcore. You can pick it up from hard dog they aren't far from you. You'll thank me later.
miatamania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #35
Newb
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 30
Total Cats: 0
Default

+1

Thats what I have. Managed to pick up a new one is Apex for a nice price.
admtn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:27 PM   #36
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 321
Total Cats: 0
Default

i'm getting the m2 hardtop version with a single diagonal. I did my timing about a month ago, it's not that bad.
kewilso3 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 58 Yesterday 10:04 PM
Raleigh: Fiberglass headlight scope, 1.6L ECU, AFM, Hardtop latches, more bigmackloud Miata parts for sale/trade 13 09-22-2017 01:34 PM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
Time to start learning and play with tuning The Gleas MEGAsquirt 3 10-01-2015 10:30 AM
WTB HPDE miata - Texas Voltwings Cars for sale/trade 0 09-27-2015 07:40 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.