Newbie numnut/broccobrain - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Meet and Greet Say Hi. De-noob yourself.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2016, 08:47 AM   #1
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
Total Cats: 0
Smile Newbie numnut/broccobrain

Hey guys & girls. I'm new overhere and wanna learn everything about Megasquirt for my wife's miata 1.8 DOHC LE midnight blue and my other car a Kia Sportage 2.0L - 16v - petrol, also blue.
hope you guys & girls can help me get this started and what the dangerous things are ;-)
all the best, Pete.
sportage2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 10:50 AM   #2
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof
iTrader: (3)
 
psyber_0ptix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,713
Total Cats: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportage2.0 View Post
Hey guys & girls. I'm new overhere and wanna learn everything about Megasquirt for my wife's miata 1.8 DOHC LE midnight blue and my other car a Kia Sportage 2.0L - 16v - petrol, also blue.
hope you guys & girls can help me get this started and what the dangerous things are ;-)
all the best, Pete.

Yay!

What's wrong with the stock ecu?
psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 11:59 AM   #3
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
Yay!

What's wrong with the stock ecu?
Nothing wrong with the stock one.
I wanna tune the ECU management. Like - O2/ airflow / torque.
sportage2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 01:53 PM   #4
Ich verstehe nur Bahnhof
iTrader: (3)
 
psyber_0ptix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Northern VA
Posts: 3,713
Total Cats: 320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportage2.0 View Post
Nothing wrong with the stock one.
I wanna tune the ECU management. Like - O2/ airflow / torque.
I wish I knew how to tune airflow and torque but I think that's governed with the right foot. O2 is a function of the right foot and sensors, but I may be wrong. I'm sure blinker fluid and cross drilled brake lines are involved.


Pictures of the Sportage?!

psyber_0ptix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 03:56 PM   #5
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 3
Total Cats: 0
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyber_0ptix View Post
I wish I knew how to tune airflow and torque but I think that's governed with the right foot. O2 is a function of the right foot and sensors, but I may be wrong. I'm sure blinker fluid and cross drilled brake lines are involved.


Pictures of the Sportage?!
Me like the blinker fluid :-)
I didnt know That one........
nice smurf man

I found some cool youtube vids about Megasquirt from a miata member;

Attached Thumbnails
Newbie numnut/broccobrain-image.jpeg   Newbie numnut/broccobrain-img_0616.jpg   Newbie numnut/broccobrain-img_0615.jpg  

Last edited by sportage2.0; 05-06-2016 at 04:40 PM.
sportage2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey, found really cool speakers. 3rd Strategy M800. alik General Miata Chat 0 04-23-2016 08:49 PM
Hey, NA8 here, long time reader/referrer to turbo kitty knowledge NickelNDiminIt Meet and Greet 0 04-20-2016 02:24 AM
1.8 Miata Rear Diff Swap Needed boriicuaz Miata parts for sale/trade 1 04-18-2016 01:44 PM
Hey guys! New to the page! Damon Sharp Meet and Greet 2 04-18-2016 04:44 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:56 PM.