Noob from ATX - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Meet and Greet Say Hi. De-noob yourself.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2008, 01:51 AM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 0
Default Noob from ATX

i thought i'd posted in the meet and greet section before, but with the influx of noob bashing threads going on, i figured i'd make sure before i became the next target. sure enough, i'd completely skipped past it, and started posting away.

anyways, my name is Chris and i live in Austin, Tx. i've had a 10AE for just over 2 years now. i'm new to turbocharging, and i'm trying to learn as much as i can about it before i dive into forced induction. current mods are: stance GR+ coilovers (corner balanced and aligned), FM sways front and rear, Gearhead's Garage adjustable end links and a Jet's Integral Kobe N1 spec ver. 3 axle back exhaust (mad tyte JDM, yo!).





chricto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:26 AM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

chricto; you take the fun out of greeting noobs.

I mean, you have your location below your Avatar, pics and more than 28 posts!

Anyways, welcome and nice car. You're going at it the right way
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,900
Total Cats: 0
Default

Welcome. How are those stance coilovers working for you? I've been looking at them myself.
Arkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #4
Senior Member
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 606
Total Cats: 0
Default

Welcome and as Rafa said, you'll be fine here as opposed to some noobs. It looks like you can type effectively and all that good stuff. The only thing missing is your setup listed in your signature. This really helps speed up any replies to your questions because we won't have to ask what year, color, turbo, etc. you have on your car. Also, you won't have to lead off every post with "I have a 99 with stance coilovers, blah, blah, blah".

Good lookin car!
jasonrobo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 11:50 PM   #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 152
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkmage View Post
Welcome. How are those stance coilovers working for you? I've been looking at them myself.
The fronts are great, but I need to get longer springs in the rear. The rear springs come from Stance pretty short so you can get the car really low. I'd recommend requesting the longer springs in the rear from stance if you are serious about performance (not just to slam the car). Other than that they are great, and not really that bad for daily driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonrobo02 View Post
Welcome and as Rafa said, you'll be fine here as opposed to some noobs. It looks like you can type effectively and all that good stuff. The only thing missing is your setup listed in your signature. This really helps speed up any replies to your questions because we won't have to ask what year, color, turbo, etc. you have on your car. Also, you won't have to lead off every post with "I have a 99 with stance coilovers, blah, blah, blah".

Good lookin car!
advice taken
chricto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2008, 01:22 AM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 2,900
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chricto View Post
The fronts are great, but I need to get longer springs in the rear. The rear springs come from Stance pretty short so you can get the car really low. I'd recommend requesting the longer springs in the rear from stance if you are serious about performance (not just to slam the car). Other than that they are great, and not really that bad for daily driving.
Cool, thanks for the info.
Arkmage is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
96 montego blue nOOb from Milwaukee Squiblez Meet and Greet 1 09-23-2015 02:50 AM
VE analyze and Autotune seems funny (noob) TorqueZombie MEGAsquirt 64 09-18-2015 06:03 PM
Mystery Engine Trouble. Halp, mt.net! vehicular General Miata Chat 12 09-14-2015 04:17 PM
Compression test results Colipto General Miata Chat 3 09-11-2015 02:44 PM
timing marks don't match crank pulley gfeeley Engine Performance 10 09-04-2015 06:36 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:21 AM.