Trying to learn the ways... - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Meet and Greet Say Hi. De-noob yourself.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2008, 01:20 AM   #1
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 38
Total Cats: 0
Default Trying to learn the ways...

Hi everybody,
I figure this would be the best place to learn everything I can about turboing my beloved Miata. I mean it has the works 'turbo' and 'miata' in the URL so I've got to be in the right spot. Looking to make 200HP and still be a daily driver. I don't have much dough so it's going to be a toughie. Thanks in advance for all the help and insight!

Kevin from Ohio
Redrocket27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 01:23 AM   #2
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:35 AM   #3
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

HOLY ****.

READ, SEARCH, POST. In that order.

Rick really needs to put a rule on the forum, no thread making privileges without visiting like 3 FAQ's or no thread making for 5 days after registering, that gives people enough time to browse and read.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #4
Elite Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Trent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 1,625
Total Cats: 5
Default

Jeez Sam. This is the Meet and Great forum afterall. Hell of a greating you just gave him, don't you think? He didn't ask any n00b questions. He just said hello.

No need to be a Flaming Thundercunt.

Welcome Kevin.
Trent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 12:49 PM   #5
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersaiyan93 View Post
Jeez Sam. This is the Meet and Great forum afterall. Hell of a greating you just gave him, don't you think? He didn't ask any n00b questions. He just said hello.

No need to be a Flaming Thundercunt.

Welcome Kevin.
Oh Whoooooooops. Didnt know this was in the meet and greet section, I just press "new posts".

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay and use the search before you post.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 05:29 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrocket27 View Post
Hi everybody,
I figure this would be the best place to learn everything I can about turboing my beloved Miata. I mean it has the works 'turbo' and 'miata' in the URL so I've got to be in the right spot. Looking to make 200HP and still be a daily driver. I don't have much dough so it's going to be a toughie. Thanks in advance for all the help and insight!

Kevin from Ohio

Welcome Kevin; what year is your car?
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 06:06 PM   #7
Elite Member
iTrader: (6)
 
Loki047's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,145
Total Cats: 0
Default

Welcome kevin, nice job with putting your local in your profile (when people leave it out i hate them) I dont hate you, but I hate Saml01 and you can too
Loki047 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 PM   #8
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki047 View Post
Welcome kevin, nice job with putting your local in your profile (when people leave it out i hate them) I dont hate you, but I hate Saml01 and you can too
I've been meaning to suggest to the mods that you guys make the location of any member mandatory at registration time. I totally agree with your position on the matter. How about it loki?

Thanks,

Rafa
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:16 AM   #9
Newb
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 38
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
Welcome Kevin; what year is your car?
It's a 1996. Red and black. 100,000 miles. Just can't get boost off my mind. Don't worry i'm ordering the book and thanks for the warm welcome!
Redrocket27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 12:59 AM   #10
Elite Member
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Sunny Spanish speaking Non US Caribbean
Posts: 3,257
Total Cats: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrocket27 View Post
It's a 1996. Red and black. 100,000 miles. Just can't get boost off my mind. Don't worry i'm ordering the book and thanks for the warm welcome!
A word of encouragement, I have a Montego Blue 96 myself with 63,000 miles on it and with the turbo kit installed and running and I can't believe it! If I (non DIYer and "mechanically challenged" individual to the core) can go around on a turbo Miata without blowing the motor anyone can! :gay:

You're in for a treat; these guys know their ****!

Rafa
Rafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 01:13 AM   #11
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
Saml01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,730
Total Cats: 2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki047 View Post
Welcome kevin, nice job with putting your local in your profile (when people leave it out i hate them) I dont hate you, but I hate Saml01 and you can too
You can hate me all you want, but in the end we are the same.
Saml01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 09:10 PM   #12
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SW Florida
Posts: 78
Total Cats: 0
Default

im new too. no boost yet...workin on it

1992 true red keith
furian777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2008, 10:08 PM   #13
Senior Member
iTrader: (7)
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: VT
Posts: 939
Total Cats: 0
Default

[QUOTE=supersaiyan93;211323] Flaming Thundercunt.
/]

LOL
Jefe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #14
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,484
Total Cats: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saml01 View Post
HOLY ****.

READ, SEARCH, POST. In that order.

Rick really needs to put a rule on the forum, no thread making privileges without visiting like 3 FAQ's or no thread making for 5 days after registering, that gives people enough time to browse and read.
Uh oh. I've never read any FAQ's.
TurboTim is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
An Old Driver but a newbie in Miata Patriarca Meet and Greet 17 10-13-2015 02:34 PM
MS PNP requires reading and following directions??? satisfied MEGAsquirt 141 10-06-2015 11:44 AM
96 montego blue nOOb from Milwaukee Squiblez Meet and Greet 1 09-23-2015 02:50 AM
Old guy buys old Miata b&t Meet and Greet 3 09-22-2015 10:32 AM
ME221 Now has Autotune and Long Term Fuel Trim Tables Motorsport-Electronics ECUs and Tuning 0 09-05-2015 09:02 AM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:13 PM.