A big test for my Megasquirt - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


MEGAsquirt A place to collectively sort out this megasquirt gizmo

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 211
Total Cats: 0
Default A big test for my Megasquirt

I autocross and track my car extensively. I finally got everything running where I felt comfortable running it hard. I took my 91 Miata to North Carolina Motor Speedway (The Rock) for a HPDE this past weekend. You run about 3/4 of the oval and an infield section for a total of 1.4 miles. Its pretty intimidating to run into the 27 banking at 95 mph and hold it at the bottom but it sure is fun!!

The Megasquirt performed pretty damn flawlessly. It pulls MUCH MUCH harder than the last time I was there with the RX7 AFM. I usually have hard time pulling out and passing cars but not so much this time.

I have a random hiccup where the car slightly jumps under throttle but its VERY minor. I think its a grounding issue. All in all it worked like a champ. I logged 1 25 min. session on Sunday and Im gonna see what kind of map I can generate from that.

I even did well enough to win the CSP Time Trial on Saturday but got edged out on Sunday by another Miata.

I also averaged 25mpg towing my tire trailer to and fro the track, even with the Wideband showing 9.75:1 while cruising.
ecugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 01:31 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Posts: 244
Total Cats: 0
Default

Sounds great! Give me great faith in MSing our 96 for next HPDE season.

Umm... 9.75:1? You're close to washing down your cylinder walls, pardner: Washing away the oil ring, increasing cylinder wear, and thinning the oil, increasing bearing wear.

However, Holey Moley, 25mpg at 9.75:1. That's pretty impressive.

Are you doing MSnS, or just fuel?

Check for spikes in your TPS and spark advance datalogs, noise can cause all kinds of freaky running.
kyle242gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 02:10 PM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 211
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle242gt View Post
Sounds great! Give me great faith in MSing our 96 for next HPDE season.

Umm... 9.75:1? You're close to washing down your cylinder walls, pardner: Washing away the oil ring, increasing cylinder wear, and thinning the oil, increasing bearing wear.

However, Holey Moley, 25mpg at 9.75:1. That's pretty impressive.

Are you doing MSnS, or just fuel?

Check for spikes in your TPS and spark advance datalogs, noise can cause all kinds of freaky running.

Im running Squirt and Spark.

Its well worth it on track. It pulls soooooo much more from 2k all the way to redline
ecugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 06:17 PM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Down Under
Posts: 252
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecugrad View Post

I have a random hiccup where the car slightly jumps under throttle but its VERY minor. I think its a grounding issue. All in all it worked like a champ. I logged 1 25 min. session on Sunday and Im gonna see what kind of map I can generate from that.
I had a similar problem with my car which I solved by changing one setting in Accel/Decel. I did have "Decay Accel Enrichment" set to "None", which I changed to "Decay". Since then that hiccup has gone.
Aussie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 211
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Driver View Post
I had a similar problem with my car which I solved by changing one setting in Accel/Decel. I did have "Decay Accel Enrichment" set to "None", which I changed to "Decay". Since then that hiccup has gone.
Did you put anything in "Accel value at end of Accel Time (ms)" ?
ecugrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:19 PM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Down Under
Posts: 252
Total Cats: 0
Default

0.0
Aussie Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need help - Stock Balancer and Fastforward overlay pulleys Frank_and_Beans Supercharger Discussion 13 09-12-2016 09:17 PM
My solution for Oiltemp and Oilpressure input into Megasuirt (MS3) Zaphod MEGAsquirt 41 01-24-2016 01:25 PM
Any pnp megasquirt for 2001 Big_gumby WTB 0 09-30-2015 04:34 PM
3rd Time's a Charm...hopefully. zephyrusaurai Meet and Greet 2 09-28-2015 11:59 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 PM.