AEM ECU for 1990-95 miata (Model number 1710) - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Miata parts for sale/trade Buy, trade or sell your Miata parts here.

Closed Thread
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #1
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 491
Total Cats: 0
Default AEM ECU for 1990-95 miata (Model number 1710)

I got this used AEM ECU several months ago, and was going to replace my Link with the AEM. Decided it is not worth the trouble for now, and there is no point to keep it as a spare. This is the 1710 model (serial number #66, as you can see from the picture), and will be good to any 1.6 miata, and also for 1.8 from 94-95. I only have the ECU, but the harness and connectors can be purchased from any AEM dealer for $50 or so (AEM Part number 35-2611).

Price: $625 shipped
Attached Thumbnails
AEM ECU for 1990-95 miata (Model number 1710)-100_0534.jpg   AEM ECU for 1990-95 miata (Model number 1710)-100_0535.jpg  
keinayo is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 11:34 AM   #2
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Guam (U.S Terr.)
Posts: 786
Total Cats: -2
Default

those ecu are over 1000 from aem right?
mike_671 is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 11:41 AM   #3
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 491
Total Cats: 0
Default

Yes. New ones go for around $1400.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_671 View Post
those ecu are over 1000 from aem right?
keinayo is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:21 PM   #4
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 84
Total Cats: 0
Default

this is a fully stand alone ecu for the miata? if so i think i'll take it! let me know
projectmx is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:23 PM   #5
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 491
Total Cats: 0
Default

Yes it is fully standalone. Considered one of the best, if not the best standalone for miata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmx View Post
this is a fully stand alone ecu for the miata? if so i think i'll take it! let me know
keinayo is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #6
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,485
Total Cats: 248
Default

If that's the one you got from Paul then it has one of my earlier turbo maps loaded too. I tested it for a day to see if the unit worked and it performed fine. Killer price for a killer ECU. I'd consider buying it just to wire it in parallel in my subaru.
TurboTim is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:28 PM   #7
Senior Member
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Raleigh,NC
Posts: 912
Total Cats: 0
Default

PM Sent!
supra441979 is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:30 PM   #8
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 491
Total Cats: 0
Default

Tim,

No, this is not the one that Paul sold. He sold his for $925, so mine is $300 cheaper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTim View Post
If that's the one you got from Paul then it has one of my earlier turbo maps loaded too. I tested it for a day to see if the unit worked and it performed fine. Killer price for a killer ECU. I'd consider buying it just to wire it in parallel in my subaru.
keinayo is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:33 PM   #9
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 84
Total Cats: 0
Default

if i can use on an N/A engine then i want it, i can send money today
projectmx is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #10
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 84
Total Cats: 0
Default

can i wire it into the stock harness?
projectmx is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #11
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 491
Total Cats: 0
Default

Yes, you can use it on NA miata.

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmx View Post
if i can use on an N/A engine then i want it, i can send money today
keinayo is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:36 PM   #12
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 491
Total Cats: 0
Default

Not sure how it works. Tim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by projectmx View Post
can i wire it into the stock harness?
keinayo is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:40 PM   #13
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 84
Total Cats: 0
Default

keinayo can you pm me how to pay you and all that and i'll send my shipping info?
projectmx is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:48 PM   #14
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 491
Total Cats: 0
Default

Projectmx is first, and supra441979 is second in line.
keinayo is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #15
Elite Member
iTrader: (9)
 
TurboTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Chesterfield, NJ
Posts: 6,485
Total Cats: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keinayo View Post
Not sure how it works. Tim?
Well they are marketed as "plug and play", so you use your stock harness and connectors. There are two additional plugs for extra features; you will need to get those plugs and terminals from AEM if they aren't included with the ECU IF you want to run the extra features. I know the MAP sensor input is on one of those plugs, for example. Also, the two additional plugs are not the same size so they should be two different part numbers.

You should be able to connect this directly to the stock wiring harness of any 90-95 miata, load the appropriate default map for the year car, and get it to start and idle somewhat, maybe even drive down the road. You'll need to set a few parameters at that point which is all explained in the very extensive manual that comes with the free software download, off aem's forum. Follow the manual exactly and the ECU will kick ***. Skip a few steps and you'll be asking why your car won't run worth a ****.
TurboTim is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 01:08 PM   #16
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 491
Total Cats: 0
Default

Maybe I should not sell it after all? Just kidding. Seriously, it is a good deal, and just to make it clear, if someone buys it from me, installs it, and finds out it does not work for some reason, you get your money back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTim View Post
Well they are marketed as "plug and play", so you use your stock harness and connectors. There are two additional plugs for extra features; you will need to get those plugs and terminals from AEM if they aren't included with the ECU IF you want to run the extra features. I know the MAP sensor input is on one of those plugs, for example. Also, the two additional plugs are not the same size so they should be two different part numbers.

You should be able to connect this directly to the stock wiring harness of any 90-95 miata, load the appropriate default map for the year car, and get it to start and idle somewhat, maybe even drive down the road. You'll need to set a few parameters at that point which is all explained in the very extensive manual that comes with the free software download, off aem's forum. Follow the manual exactly and the ECU will kick ***. Skip a few steps and you'll be asking why your car won't run worth a ****.
keinayo is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #17
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 84
Total Cats: 0
Default

money sent can't believe i just did this lol
projectmx is offline  
Old 03-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #18
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (22)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 491
Total Cats: 0
Default

Sold!
keinayo is offline  
 
 
Closed Thread

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
elesjuan's mediocre 95 Miata adventure (google fiber edition) elesjuan Build Threads 8 02-16-2016 09:36 PM
NEW-Wiseco Piston, K1 Rods, Supertech Valves & Spring/Retainer, TB&C pedals Rudes333 Miata parts for sale/trade 17 11-05-2015 02:16 PM
MS PNP requires reading and following directions??? satisfied MEGAsquirt 141 10-06-2015 11:44 AM
New here, saying hi, here's what I'm workin with. SuperSneakySecretSquirrel Meet and Greet 5 09-06-2015 09:30 PM
ME221 Now has Autotune and Long Term Fuel Trim Tables Motorsport-Electronics ECUs and Tuning 0 09-05-2015 09:02 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:49 PM.