Miata parts for sale/trade Buy, trade or sell your Miata parts here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marrad LX2 and MSLabs MS3 Basic

 
Old 11-26-2018, 06:59 PM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default Marrad LX2 and MSLabs MS3 Basic

ALL IS SOLD!!!!

Selling my Marrad LX2 as I'm unfortunately one of those long torso guys that needs an aluminum seat. It truely is an amazing seat and well worth the price of admission. Setting this seat up on Marrads site (https://www.marradind.com/proddetail.asp?prod=LX2) comes to a lot more than I would ask. I bought it at full price and will be selling the seat as well as the slider brackets at $$$$$$OLD$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

MSLABS MS3 $$$$$$OLD$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Last edited by s0n1cm0nk3y; 03-05-2019 at 07:39 PM.
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 12-02-2018, 08:22 PM
  #2  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Le Bump! and price adjust on the ECU. Shoot me an offer!

Last edited by s0n1cm0nk3y; 12-03-2018 at 05:03 PM.
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 12-06-2018, 03:46 PM
  #3  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Price drop. Throw me some offers and see where it goes!
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 12-14-2018, 11:34 AM
  #4  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Christmas price drop!
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 12-27-2018, 08:37 PM
  #5  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Le Bump.
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:18 PM
  #6  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Bump
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 01-11-2019, 12:28 PM
  #7  
Cpt. Slow
iTrader: (25)
 
curly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Oregon City, OR
Posts: 12,716
Total Cats: 658
Default

Great price for what I consider the best ECU on the market. You may want to mention if the db37 cable is included or not for potential buyers, and even though it's clearly pictured, that it is indeed for a 01-05.
curly is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 11:45 AM
  #8  
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

I'm interested in the seat. Shipping from Vegas to LA might be more expensive though than gas for the drive. Willing to meet in the middle like Barstow? I will try and send you a PM.
m5guy is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:01 PM
  #9  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by curly View Post
Great price for what I consider the best ECU on the market. You may want to mention if the db37 cable is included or not for potential buyers, and even though it's clearly pictured, that it is indeed for a 01-05.
Thank you for the pointer. I've updated it .
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 01-12-2019, 03:02 PM
  #10  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by m5guy View Post
I'm interested in the seat. Shipping from Vegas to LA might be more expensive though than gas for the drive. Willing to meet in the middle like Barstow? I will try and send you a PM.
I sent you a PM. We can figure it out via PM .
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 01-14-2019, 09:40 PM
  #11  
Newb
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3
Total Cats: 1
Default

sent a pm about ms3
Patty Boi is offline  
Old 01-23-2019, 10:58 PM
  #12  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Pm'd back. BUMP!
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 05:50 PM
  #13  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Bump!
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 04:29 PM
  #14  
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

How tall are you? Would you have failed the broom stick test even with no padding? I am 6í3Ē and donít know if these seats will get me low enough to clear roll bar with helmet on. I am looking at getting a hard dog roll bar for soft top, I donít want to sacrifice deleting a soft top for a taller roll bar
Patrick Feiten is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 08:23 PM
  #15  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by Patrick Feiten View Post
How tall are you? Would you have failed the broom stick test even with no padding? I am 6í3Ē and donít know if these seats will get me low enough to clear roll bar with helmet on. I am looking at getting a hard dog roll bar for soft top, I donít want to sacrifice deleting a soft top for a taller roll bar
So if I remove the cushions I would get below the bar but not really with a helmet. My short coming is my 5'11" is equally torso to leg. This is at the stock bolt in locations for the rear so I feel that if bent in and bolted to the body you could get lower. If your a leggy 6'3" this seat would help as it goes far enough back that I can't reach the pedals well enough. It's a really well built seat, just doesn't get me to where I need like an aluminum seat.
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 11:22 PM
  #16  
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by s0n1cm0nk3y View Post
So if I remove the cushions I would get below the bar but not really with a helmet. My short coming is my 5'11" is equally torso to leg. This is at the stock bolt in locations for the rear so I feel that if bent in and bolted to the body you could get lower. If your a leggy 6'3" this seat would help as it goes far enough back that I can't reach the pedals well enough. It's a really well built seat, just doesn't get me to where I need like an aluminum seat.
How much clearance to the roll bar did you have without the helmet on? Would you be able to measure yourself in the LX2 with and without padding and also in the stock seat (even if itís on passenger side) so I have a good understanding of what this seat allows for... Iím seriously considering getting the seat from you but need to know much room us talk guys got to work with in such a small car!! Haha Iím thinking I could get a helmet with less padding to help stay below roll bar. One other question too... What Make/Model roll bar are you running?

Thank you for your support! Iím sure other tall guys will come read this thread (maybe even Mark!) and find it very helpful!
Patrick Feiten is offline  
Old 02-12-2019, 12:49 PM
  #17  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

Originally Posted by Patrick Feiten View Post
How much clearance to the roll bar did you have without the helmet on? Would you be able to measure yourself in the LX2 with and without padding and also in the stock seat (even if itís on passenger side) so I have a good understanding of what this seat allows for... Iím seriously considering getting the seat from you but need to know much room us talk guys got to work with in such a small car!! Haha Iím thinking I could get a helmet with less padding to help stay below roll bar. One other question too... What Make/Model roll bar are you running?

Thank you for your support! Iím sure other tall guys will come read this thread (maybe even Mark!) and find it very helpful!
I want to say I wrote this down somewhere but this is off memory so bear with me. The Marrad is in my storage unit so I'll have to check out another day when I'm not busy with work or family stuff. The Marrad is in my storage unit so I'll have to check out another day when I'm not busy with work or family stuff.
  • With myself in the Marrad with pads in I am roughly at the bottom of the top bar with my hard dog double diagonal "M2". I want to say thats roughly 1" or so of play from the top of the bar. Really the hinging factor is how tall you are from butt to the top of your head.
  • In the stock seat with a minimal foamectomy I am just about at the top of the bar without the helmet. My build thread shows my massive helmet with the stock seat pre-foamectomy.
  • From what I see the big concern is if your leggy your good to use nearly any seat you want, so long as you aren't one of those big butt guys.
To clarify, the helmet I have in my build thread is an old chinese motorcycle helmet I've had for like 5 years. Its not a nice Shoei or anything and you can tell their answer was to put all the pads up in the top of the helmet. I'd say my head within the helmet is roughly halfway down from the bottom of the top vent (black/silver) on the pictured helmet. If you got a proper helmet and not some chinese brand, plus the seat without cushions, and have a shorter torso then me you'd be in good shape.

Also if you've sat in an aluminum seat before, my eye level is nearly an inch or so above the gauge hood. A few buddies of mine (roughly my height, but leggy) sat in my previous kirkey and they were just at the gauge hood, so hopefully that helps with the comparison.
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 08:10 AM
  #18  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Las Vegas NV
Posts: 106
Total Cats: 2
Default

MS3 sold and seat price dropped.
s0n1cm0nk3y is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 08:32 AM
  #19  
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by s0n1cm0nk3y View Post
MS3 sold and seat price dropped.
What is new price for seat? Do you have pictures you can post?

Thanks!
Patrick Feiten is offline  
Old 02-21-2019, 10:49 AM
  #20  
Newb
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 4
Total Cats: 0
Default

Originally Posted by Patrick Feiten View Post
What is new price for seat? Do you have pictures you can post?

Thanks!
I forgot you had a picture posted already haha. Can you please PM me Iíd like to call you. Very interested in buying!
Patrick Feiten is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jonboy
MEGAsquirt
7
01-31-2018 03:30 AM
Savington
Trackspeed Engineering - Miata Accessories
16
04-24-2017 02:57 PM
jpreston
Miata parts for sale/trade
1
10-03-2016 02:01 PM
MiataRoadster
Miata parts for sale/trade
0
01-27-2016 12:32 PM
chris101
Miata parts for sale/trade
13
01-03-2016 04:05 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Marrad LX2 and MSLabs MS3 Basic


Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.