oil cooler/oil filter relocation kits, group buy? - Page 4 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Miata parts for sale/trade Buy, trade or sell your Miata parts here.

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-23-2009, 03:03 PM   #61
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inland Empire So-Cal
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotpsi? View Post
Im just wondering on these reusable filters, I use them all day long on heavy equipment, as a primary screen but always a disposable filter further down the line. What micron do these filters filter to?
awesome question, i don't know... ill find out...
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:26 PM   #62
Junior Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Petaluma, California
Posts: 166
Total Cats: -3
Default

I'm in for the filter housing and block spacer
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 PM   #63
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7
Total Cats: 0
Default

since you have so many package options, when you get the prices can you simply edit the post and put the price next to the package #? Thanks!
apagios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #64
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inland Empire So-Cal
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apagios View Post
since you have so many package options, when you get the prices can you simply edit the post and put the price next to the package #? Thanks!
lol... thats the plan...

edit: i'm off to see the wizard... so hopefully ill be back with some good news...
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #65
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7
Total Cats: 0
Default

haha i figured as much, thanks!
apagios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:47 PM   #66
Newb
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 18
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by james399 View Post
no i'm not on mx5cartalk... ill go and check it out..
Was asking monza

Its the main Australian mx5 forum.
Davex3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:17 PM   #67
Junior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hampton Roads, VA
Posts: 398
Total Cats: 0
Default

The price shall determine my in-ness
gompers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:07 PM   #68
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inland Empire So-Cal
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

i'm still waiting guys... the cnc guy has the design, has everything, and we just need to get a call from him...
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:46 PM   #69
Senior Member
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Roselle, Illinois
Posts: 846
Total Cats: -35
Default

looking at the different options is kind of confusing im hoping for pictures to tell the different kits apart (im a visual person aka retard) will these kits work on the fwd bps? i believe all the oiling stuff is in the same place?
Hot_Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 06:58 PM   #70
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inland Empire So-Cal
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
looking at the different options is kind of confusing im hoping for pictures to tell the different kits apart (im a visual person aka retard) will these kits work on the fwd bps? i believe all the oiling stuff is in the same place?
you mean the motor... not the car right? yeah itshouldwork just fine
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:28 PM   #71
Junior Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Petaluma, California
Posts: 166
Total Cats: -3
Default

Hot Wheels, I too am slightly retarded, err I mean visually inclined. You may want to search for pictures of different mounting options that people use for mounting oil coolers and remote filter mounts so you can figure out where you want to mount your's.

The pax side upper FW is the obvious choice for most people however you can also install it under the pax side fender attaching it to the chassis - this is where I am mounting mine. My fenders are currently OFF the car so I can share a picture if there is interest. This also makes clean up a snap because even if you spill oil from the filter it doesn't get on anything except the ground. I am choosing this spot also because my oil cooler will be in front of my radiator so it is a short run from filter to cooler.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:14 AM   #72
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inland Empire So-Cal
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime View Post
Hot Wheels, I too am slightly retarded, err I mean visually inclined. You may want to search for pictures of different mounting options that people use for mounting oil coolers and remote filter mounts so you can figure out where you want to mount your's.

The pax side upper FW is the obvious choice for most people however you can also install it under the pax side fender attaching it to the chassis - this is where I am mounting mine. My fenders are currently OFF the car so I can share a picture if there is interest. This also makes clean up a snap because even if you spill oil from the filter it doesn't get on anything except the ground. I am choosing this spot also because my oil cooler will be in front of my radiator so it is a short run from filter to cooler.
are the motors that different?
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:40 PM   #73
Junior Member
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Petaluma, California
Posts: 166
Total Cats: -3
Default

No, I just wanted to mention you don't only have one option for placement. For most, mounting on the firewall is the best solution, particularly if you don't have an aux oil cooler.
minime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 12:01 AM   #74
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inland Empire So-Cal
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minime View Post
No, I just wanted to mention you don't only have one option for placement. For most, mounting on the firewall is the best solution, particularly if you don't have an aux oil cooler.
absolutely... that is why for the oil cooler kits, there is no predetermined amount of line... so we ask that you request the amount of line you need...
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:16 PM   #75
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7
Total Cats: 0
Default

I presume no word from over the weekend on pricing?
apagios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:00 PM   #76
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inland Empire So-Cal
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by apagios View Post
I presume no word from over the weekend on pricing?
sorry guys, i was autocrossing this weekend, and "dead to the world"....

i actually spoke with creative flo, and they are having a problem with the cnc guy... he is charging 3 times as much as his original estimate... so creative flow is going to go to another cnc guy...

it's funny we have the design, we have pricing on everything else... but without this piece nothing will work... lol....

so hang in there guys... it will get all sorted out...
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 PM   #77
Junior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: 94401
Posts: 240
Total Cats: -2
Default

Let down
proughj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:49 PM   #78
Junior Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Inland Empire So-Cal
Posts: 274
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by proughj View Post
Let down
yeah i know the feeling... i was all excited when creative flo called me... and all bummed out when i got the news...
james399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:07 PM   #79
Newb
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 3
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davex3 View Post
Was asking monza

Its the main Australian mx5 forum.
yeah but I am a bit of a lurker (I am Monza02)
monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 04:39 PM   #80
Newb
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 7
Total Cats: 0
Default

any word here yet? Thompson has started the run of his kits, for delivery end of November-ish.

Any progress on the crappy CNC guy replacement issue?

I kinda preferred this kit for horizontal filter mount, and sensor taps on the engine block adapter part, but if its not going to happen Thompson makes a pretty nice kit as well.
apagios is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project Gemini - Turbo Civic on the Cheap Full_Tilt_Boogie Build Threads 57 07-19-2017 05:11 PM
Noob to Miataturbo from MA JxPhan Meet and Greet 3 10-02-2015 03:17 AM
Moroso Air Oil Separator Catch Can Aroundcorner Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 04:20 PM
Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump $50 lsc224 Miata parts for sale/trade 2 10-01-2015 10:17 AM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.