CX Racing Turbo Kit - Page 2 - Miata Turbo Forum - Boost cars, acquire cats.

Welcome to Miataturbo.net   Members
 


Prefabbed Turbo Kits A place to discuss prefabricated turbo kits on the market
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reply
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #21
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 2,638
Total Cats: 25
Default

I disagree with you fully Erat. This place used to give noobs a hard time, now it's just a flame fest everywhere, CX racing would get raped out the door. People here have forgotten that companies exist to make parts and get paid. Regularly people point at cars that I have had a hand in building and say 'hurr durr why didn;t you buy these parts and do it this way'. Well basically because I have to be able to sell that stuff and this isn't out of the goodness of my heart.

Same for these companies and they will just get shouted down.

MT has an unrealistically high expectation of what companies should supply for what prices and how they should act and somehow still pay their bills.

Dann
nitrodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #22
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,191
Total Cats: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodann View Post
I disagree with you fully Erat. This place used to give noobs a hard time, now it's just a flame fest everywhere, CX racing would get raped out the door. People here have forgotten that companies exist to make parts and get paid. Regularly people point at cars that I have had a hand in building and say 'hurr durr why didn;t you buy these parts and do it this way'. Well basically because I have to be able to sell that stuff and this isn't out of the goodness of my heart.

Same for these companies and they will just get shouted down.

MT has an unrealistically high expectation of what companies should supply for what prices and how they should act and somehow still pay their bills.

Dann

We'll never know, because they never will ask.

I'm willing to be proven wrong. Sure this site is full of a bunch of childish little babies(at times), but i feel if someone with some actual intelligence comes here with advice it won't be bad. They also have to be able to see through the bullshit. You don't see FM, or BEGi, or any other vendor getting all pissy when someone badmouths their product. They learn from it and develop something better. I haven't been here very long, but i know that the turbo Miata community has come a long way and it's not from pissing vendors off out the door.

Though. If making a bullshit shitty part keeps the lights on, then more power to them. Who are we to judge. We know their manifolds suck, so no loss for us. Again, a lot of users on this site use their products with the exception of a manifold or downpipe... Just sayin'.
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #23
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,924
Total Cats: 526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekel View Post
I like how they enjoy touting the fact that the turbo provided with the kit is capable of 350 hp.

nb4 "i used the cx racing kit with bandaids and tried to max out the turbo, my rods look like spagettin noodles now, miatas suck my civic could do over 9000 with stock internals and a ti-86 for a computer."

edit: I have a cxracing radiator and intercooler. CXRacing's problem is they seem to do actual R&D one some of their parts. But everything I am looking at on their ebay store and website, all the miata parts look exactly like very other chinese aluminum foil pice out there.
Ha... You must be michael meador. lol At your service.

Anyway, I totally agree with Erat on this one, on all counts. I think if someone from their company who properly speaks English were to show up and be a reasonable human being, it could be a productive thread.
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:19 AM   #24
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Meeners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 194
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erat View Post
It makes me wonder is why a company like this couldn't come to a forum like this and be like:
"hey MT, we're CX racing, we make turbo kits(and other assorted bullshit), and try to do it on the cheap. What we want to know is, what could we do to better our kits so that you would buy them"

Am i missing something in this logic? Perhaps they wouldn't like what we would tell them. If they could produce a manifold / downpipe cheaper than the competition, but just as strong. Well... That's what free market is all about right?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erat View Post
Ahem https://www.miataturbo.net/prefabbed...bo-kits-19358/

And reread what i posted here.



People don't buy certain products they make for a reason. They also DO buy some products they make for a reason... So you're whole point is moot.
What does that have to do with my point? I'm answering your question regarding why they don't come here and ask for improvements, not co-signing them. Stop getting so e-defensive and read what I wrote.

Why would they come and ask for improvements? Again, Because they know better. Everything you are re-posting is re-re-iterating what is already obvious 9 times over. Nobody cares. Buy it, don't buy it... [/'Moot' point #1]
Quote:
Originally Posted by concealer404 View Post
The same EMUSA of which one of their tech/development people told me point blank to my face that they were going to buy an FM2 kit to copy? Those guys don't do a goddamn thing but copy **** with the cheapest materials they can find.

CXRacing is no better, and i've had some pretty shitty customer service issues with them. (Used to buy all my intercooler piping, couplers, and clamps from them.)
Here we go. It's like SSAC vs Hotshot convo's manifesting itself from like 04, hehe. I'm not defending anyone.

I personally don't care about copies of copies of copies and no R&D. That's not what I'm talking about. I could care less. There's nothing wrong with it. were talking about pipes and hardware, not someones software. It's a stupid argument which leads to the same thing. Emulation. We all know you get what you pay for out here for the most part. Not my point.

I'm simply pointing out the fact that so many people jump down peoples throat that haven't bothered to test their stuff personally before yapping their trap and condemning people. Classic forum antics since before car forums... Nobody really respects that bandwagon ****. There are real tests done by people and then they posted their facts. EMUSA is ****, but their are articles explaining their downfalls, and an in depth look at their wastegates and success with them. All that ebay **** is like that though (casting, they don't test, quality control, etc).

Again, nobody is defending anybody - in fact I'm generally in agreement. I have had my fair share of failures due to cheap stuff, but when I have I've posted my PERSONAL experience. Not someone elses, or what someone else said. The simple facts are, generally the people that get away with using cheap stuff don't post about full/partial successes because they are either afraid of the backlash, or they know it's not worth the banter so they keep to themselves and don't share... which is the reversal definition of the epitome of a car forum. The only people that will ever get praised for using cheap stuff and succeeded are high exalted members.

[/'Moot' point #2]
Meeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 AM   #25
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,191
Total Cats: 260
Default

You're talking in circles and i still think you failed to either read and or understand what i'm saying. I thought i was pretty clear in my posts, but i guess not.

So just stop.
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #26
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Posts: 2,638
Total Cats: 25
Default

Nah, read what he said again, he is spot on.

Dann
nitrodann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #27
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beckley, WV
Posts: 868
Total Cats: 36
Default

The posted pics of the manifold with the disclaimer "This is the prototype mockup. not a production."


Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1390662_483619785085520_1929801421_n.jpg (80.8 KB, 713 views)
File Type: jpg 2559_483620081752157_358708029_n.jpg (72.8 KB, 710 views)
Tekel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #28
Elite Member
iTrader: (5)
 
Erat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Detroit
Posts: 4,191
Total Cats: 260
Default

lol that looks fun to weld ^

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodann View Post
Nah, read what he said again, he is spot on.

Dann

No he's making stupid assumptions. I even said we don't know, we have no idea.
I also agreed about if what they do pays the bills and keeps the lights on, more power to them.

I'm also already calling out **** talkers before they would have a chance to talk crap. We KNOW what sucks. BUT we use ebay parts because we KNOW they work.

Assumptions are not spot on.
Erat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:41 AM   #29
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,091
Total Cats: 90
Default

cant tell if 16ga or sch10. But ridiculous bundle of snakes is ridiculous.

They' obviously be cutting those tacks to the flanges and making fixtures for each tube to weld all the tubes individually then welding them to the collector and flange.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 09:55 AM   #30
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Meeners's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 194
Total Cats: 0
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erat View Post
You're talking in circles and i still think you failed to either read and or understand what i'm saying. I thought i was pretty clear in my posts, but i guess not.

So just stop.
I'll keep it simple then.
Meeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 PM   #31
gtz
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 28
Total Cats: -1
Default

So i can just buy this instead of the TrackSpeed kit?

Saves me $4k
gtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:24 PM   #32
I take big bites
iTrader: (1)
 
turbofan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Hurricane, UT
Posts: 6,924
Total Cats: 526
Default

No, you can't buy either one since NEITHER ARE AVAILABLE.
turbofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:26 PM   #33
gtz
Newb
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 28
Total Cats: -1
Default

So I save $6k and I am CARB compliant.

Best. Day. Ever.
gtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #34
Moderator
iTrader: (11)
 
sixshooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 15,653
Total Cats: 1,559
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtz View Post
So I save $6k and I am CARB compliant.

Best. Day. Ever.
I like you. Wanna cuddle?
sixshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #35
Supporting Vendor
iTrader: (31)
 
Savington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Posts: 14,357
Total Cats: 1,322
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbofan View Post
No, you can't buy either one since NEITHER ARE AVAILABLE.
Pretty much the only thing in common with them we'll ever have
Savington is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #36
Junior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Palm Harbor FL
Posts: 332
Total Cats: 4
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
Their other american R&D kits seem to be at least sch10 304SS. I would think a log made from sch10 would survive what most people buying that kit would throw at it.
I have a close friend running their sch10 top mount setup on his ka24de motor, making over 400whp for 4 months now no problem. I know thats not long enough to say its good, but thats a whole lot longer then their regular crap manifolds will last with that abuse. If they made a ramhorn style bottom mount manifold for a 1.6 i would purchase it happily at the same price as their ka24de ramhorn.
1slowna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:56 PM   #37
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,091
Total Cats: 90
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekel View Post
The posted pics of the manifold with the disclaimer "This is the prototype mockup. not a production."


They have a finished one of these, it is sch10 stainless, and they said $480 for the manifold with gaskets and crappy bolts. Or 1500, for turbokit with downpipe and intercooler setup. Hoping that includes the turbo. It would be the equivalent of the Shanghai S4 without electronics. May or maynot come with oil lines. Its also a T3 flange... But it looks good for what it is.

Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:18 AM   #38
Elite Member
iTrader: (3)
 
concealer404's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8,460
Total Cats: 782
Default

That... looks way better than i'd like to admit.
concealer404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:21 AM   #39
Elite Member
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Leafy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 9,091
Total Cats: 90
Default

Besides the **** gaskets and bolts. Like I said earlier, the turbo stuff that gets developed in cx racing america actually looks pretty damn good.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 01:22 AM   #40
Murderator
iTrader: (76)
 
18psi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 36,174
Total Cats: 2,575
Default

I can't comprehend how they go and do something like that and yet they still have yet to put together a simple/reliable log that would be 20x easier to make, and sell way faster.
18psi is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
for sale begi fmu mazdasteve Miata parts for sale/trade 3 11-07-2016 08:48 PM
WTB 90-97 miata low profile headlight kit DonPlatt WTB 0 09-25-2015 03:57 AM
Partial Turbo kit for a 1.6 and dual headlight kit. Andifer Miata parts for sale/trade 8 09-23-2015 06:43 PM
Anything To Gain from Using Piggyback on N/A car? 2000SE ECUs and Tuning 5 09-08-2015 12:30 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:03 AM.