Build Threads Building a motor? Post the progress here.

The Purgatory Build

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 02:11 AM
Newb

Total Cats: -4
Default The Purgatory Build

Hello everybody, My name is James, and i joined this page a few years ago hoping to glean some knowledge about these little cars we all drive. Learned real quickly what not to do and what may or not work. But in my 4 years of ownership of my 1995 miata i think Ive finally fucked up enough where we can all laugh together haha.
Unfortunately i dont have much picture evidence raher than video so ill try to make this as entertaining to view as possible?

ill just jump in where i have any sort of idea what the hell happened and fill in the rest once i get all the pictures sorted.
2013 i loved ruining cars

But after a while the whole looking good and being slow started to bore me.
So this is where i am at now

I went the mostly custom route cause i thought it would be cheaper but boy did i learn my lesson. so many headaches trying to fab everything yourself. would never try to piece together my own kit ever again. That being said

SPEC LIST:

MOTOR+
-1.8 STOCK LOW MILAGE -LATE GEN PROTOGE MOTOR CONVERTED INTO RWD PLATFORM
-GARRET T28 BALL BEARING
-KRAKEN EXHAUST MANIFOLD
-CUSTOM DOWNPIPE
-LOTS OF COOLANT MODIFICATIONS ( explain down the stream``]
SUSPENSION
-Megan ez st valved to my specs
-Swift springs 9kg 7kgs
- front FM bar+ racing beat links
-stock bushing for now i want to actually daily my car
Chassis
-Hardog m2 rollbar
-FM chassis stiffening rails as well as door bushings
-OEM Rear subframe ladder brace

Theres so much other stuff but id rather explain by photos.

So here is a an example of the a coolant mod i did. I rally dont like how the stok water neck stuck out.
So.... i deleted it was a pain in the *** but was doable with a freeze plug. Go look at the photos above!

but i decided to take it a step further, I wasn't a huge fan of how the water pump water neck got in the way of pretty much everything so i had is shortened and angeled

I wish i had a before and after.

The car is currently together and running pretty great. Im running ms2 with my own tune, But i having difficulty battling boost spike as well as hot start issues.
if any one sees something wrong in what Im doing shout me out! i'm here to learn. Id rather get told Im an idiot then blow up my engine round 2

I know this isn't much of a thread quite yet but i will be continually updating the past as well as the future of the car.

`Tell me what you think about it any input would be cool
Thanks. James